Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Basement Tape Leak.

Go down 
+2
QuestionMark
Screamingophelia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

A Basement Tape Leak.  Empty
PostSubject: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 10:02 pm

This past spring the first 10 episodes of Orange is the New Black was leaked by hackers. It was in the news and the network was scrambling for damage control.

So we just had a supposed "farewell video" leak. This is a video that the public at large has been told was destroyed. People have fought tooth and nail that we are never to see the Basement Tapes.

Would a leak like this really be unnoticed with such little coverage?

Say someone had more audio recording like Darrell Scott's and said "screw it, I'm putting their farewell message on youtube, fuck JeffCo" would it be in the news, or quietly taken down?

Or would they really care?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 11:55 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
This past spring the first 10 episodes of Orange is the New Black was leaked by hackers. It was in the news and the network was scrambling for damage control.

So we just had a supposed "farewell video" leak. This is a video that the public at large has been told was destroyed. People have fought tooth and nail that we are never to see the Basement Tapes.

Would a leak like this really be unnoticed with such little coverage?

Say someone had more audio recording like Darrell Scott's and said "screw it, I'm putting their farewell message on youtube, fuck JeffCo" would it be in the news, or quietly taken down?

Or would they really care?

In all honesty, it would likely be taken down silently. Of course, I expect ther are some out there who would create a mirror of it, and save it.

DooMRebel

DooMRebel

Contribution Points : 62869
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 5:03 am

I've heard the leak and it matches perfectly with the transcript. But this doesn't mean it's real.

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85628
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 5:56 am

Can someone post the link to it here?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 10:03 am

My hearing is awful I cannot hear it even with my good headphones.

Here is the link to the original thread InsaneIntruder

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

DooMRebel

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 1:38 pm

You should read transcript and listen to the leak at the same time and you will understand what is being said

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 8:13 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
My hearing is awful I cannot hear it even with my good headphones.

Here is the link to the original thread InsaneIntruder

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I found it before you sent it but still thank you.
Honestly CVA already made a video debunking it.
Back to top Go down
DooMRebel

DooMRebel

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 2:43 am

I think that the leak is fake

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 6:19 am

DooMRebel wrote:
I think that the leak is fake
Yeah. Their voices do sound the same so I think it's fake. And why would it be in quality that bad when the only real leak was in way better quality?
Back to top Go down
DooMRebel

DooMRebel

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 6:30 am

Is it known who leaked the first real basement tape audio?

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 6:41 am

DooMRebel wrote:
I think it was Rachel Scott's dad? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
DooMRebel

DooMRebel

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 8:15 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
DooMRebel wrote:
I think it was Rachel Scott's dad? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I was thinking of him too but I'm not 100% sure

Lateral

Contribution Points : 62978

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 8:20 am

Yeah. He wanted this audio to be leaked because he assumed Eric and Dylan referenced his daughter but it was acctually another Rachel.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66303
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 9:40 am

I don't believe the leaked audio is real, but I really wish it was. I'm very skeptical because of how quiet the voices are, and how similar "Eric" and "Dylan" sound to each other. Eric's voice just seems off to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 9:52 am

Littlelo wrote:
I don't believe the leaked audio is real, but I really wish it was. I'm very skeptical because of how quiet the voices are, and how similar "Eric" and "Dylan" sound to each other. Eric's voice just seems off to me.

Right there with you! I don't believe it is real either, but damnit I wish it was. Haha
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 9:54 am

If you think about it- anyone who wanted to create a fake "leak" would do exactly what this person has done... VERY low volume so it's difficult to analyze, following the transcripts word for word, and not disclosing to anyone where the audio came from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 9:59 am

Littlelo wrote:
If you think about it- anyone who wanted to create a fake "leak" would do exactly what this person has done... VERY low volume so it's difficult to analyze, following the transcripts word for word, and not disclosing to anyone where the audio came from.

Exactly! It would be all to easy to "leak" anything. But surly the person would know that this audio would be researched and went over extensively to see if it was legit. So this possibly could just be a troll trying to stir the Columbine Community up.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 10:00 am

The word for word reading also sets off red flags. There's no hesitation or inflection, ums or ohs.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 10:02 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
The word for word reading also sets off red flags. There's no hesitation or inflection, ums or ohs.

Exactly. When you compare the transcripts to the ACTUAL leaked footage about "Rachel and Jen", it doesn't match up completely and there is hesitation and overlapping. I don't believe TBT transcripts we have are word for word, but are probably pretty close.
Back to top Go down
DooMRebel

DooMRebel

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 1:08 pm

I don't understand why they didn't released the Goodbye video. Out of all basement tapes I would like to see only this one.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 1:18 pm

DooMRebel wrote:
I don't understand why they didn't released the Goodbye video. Out of all basement tapes I would like to see only this one.

SAME. That and the video of Eric alone in his car, supposedly tearing up. I don't see how releasing their journals was OK but not the tapes...
Back to top Go down
DooMRebel

DooMRebel

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 1:20 pm

Releasing their journals was like releasing basement tapes. Both Eric and Dylan vent and rant about killing others and blowing up places in journals just like in basement tapes. But according to JeffCo releasing basement tapes would inspire other shooters...

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 1:23 pm

It doesn't make sense to me either. Things that were released (journals, student films) and leaked (suicide photos) humanized Eric and Dylan a lot more than I think they expected.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 1:55 pm

I think TBT would make E&D look more immature than anything, from what we've heard from people who saw them.

I just want to see their dynamic when it's just the two of them. Every other video we have of them includes other people, so you know they couldn't say all the things they wanted to say.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 2:07 pm

I would also love to see the dynamic between them we don't have a lot of stuff with them interacting. Only small snippets from the films and that's it.

Sue even said they were acting like idiots. I'm not sure how that would cause anymore contagion than we already have.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 2:10 pm

Do you think if Sue really wanted to know for sure if the tapes were destroyed, she would be given that information? Anyone involved with the case should have a right to know, right? I wonder if any of the victims or families have tried to inquire about them
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 10:34 pm

Littlelo wrote:
Do you think if Sue really wanted to know for sure if the tapes were destroyed, she would be given that information? Anyone involved with the case should have a right to know, right? I wonder if any of the victims or families have tried to inquire about them

That's a great question! I wonder how many other families have seen them? Rachel's dad did, I THINK the Browns demanded to see them (even though really.. they don't have any reason to IMHO) but I wonder if any of the other families did.

I also wonder if Byron was allowed to see them but declined?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Basement Tape Leak.    A Basement Tape Leak.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Basement Tape Leak.
Page 1 of 1