Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Leaked Audio of the basement tapes

Go down 
+4
beautifullyunconventional
Screamingophelia
InsaneIntruder
Miasmom1028
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Miasmom1028

Miasmom1028

Contribution Points : 48457
Forum Reputation : 175

Leaked Audio of the basement tapes Empty
PostSubject: Leaked Audio of the basement tapes   Leaked Audio of the basement tapes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 8:38 am

Darrell Scott was allowed to see the basement tapes behind closed doors at the Sheriff's Office along with other family members of the Columbine victims. He snuck in a tape recorder in his pocket.

This is the closet we will get to anything from the basement tapes. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85953
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Audio of the basement tapes   Leaked Audio of the basement tapes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 8:45 am

Old news. Wouldn't be surprised if we already had 73 threads about this.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Audio of the basement tapes   Leaked Audio of the basement tapes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 8:53 am

This clip has been out for 20 years....

Miasmom1028

Contribution Points : 48457
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Audio of the basement tapes   Leaked Audio of the basement tapes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 12:16 pm

I have been seeing recent activity about people asking about the basement tapes. I thought I'd share....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Audio of the basement tapes   Leaked Audio of the basement tapes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 3:36 pm

Yeah, it's old news by now. Darrel Scott assumed it was about Rachel, but Dylan only had that theater class with her and Eric had no classes with her. I forget which Rachel this is about, but it's not Rachel Scott.
Back to top Go down
beautifullyunconventional

Contribution Points : 47300
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Audio of the basement tapes   Leaked Audio of the basement tapes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 3:46 pm

hvernon wrote:
Yeah, it's old news by now. Darrel Scott assumed it was about Rachel, but Dylan only had that theater class with her and Eric had no classes with her. I forget which Rachel this is about, but it's not Rachel Scott.

Yes, they are probably talking about their classmates from psychology class, and it'd be either Rachel Baker or Rachael Goodwin.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Audio of the basement tapes   Leaked Audio of the basement tapes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 5:02 pm

Rachel was not in any classes with them except for theater with Dylan. She didn’t know Eric.

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Audio of the basement tapes   Leaked Audio of the basement tapes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 7:45 pm

beautifullyunconventional wrote:
hvernon wrote:

Yes, they are probably talking about their classmates from psychology class, and it'd be either Rachel Baker or Rachael Goodwin.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yes, thank you! I couldn't for the life of me remember the names of the other Rachels. So many girls named Rachel at Columbine.
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82882
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Audio of the basement tapes   Leaked Audio of the basement tapes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 9:44 pm

Something that I don't really see discussed with regard to this leaked snippet of audio-

It's always said that Darrell Scott taped this part because he thought that Eric and Dylan were referring to his Rachel.
If this is the case, then this either means that Darrell Scott either surreptitiously taped ALL of the Basement Tapes and leaked only this one small part or he was able to watch the tapes TWICE and after seeing the Rachel part the first time, he decided to tape that segment the second time through.

So, who thinks that Darrell Scott may be, or at one time was, in possession of audio of the entirety of the Basement Tapes?
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 68372
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Audio of the basement tapes   Leaked Audio of the basement tapes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 10:29 pm

Even if this is old news, I haven't heard it before. Thanks for sharing.

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Audio of the basement tapes   Leaked Audio of the basement tapes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 12:23 am

thelmar wrote:
Something that I don't really see discussed with regard to this leaked snippet of audio-

It's always said that Darrell Scott taped this part because he thought that Eric and Dylan were referring to his Rachel.
If this is the case, then this either means that Darrell Scott either surreptitiously  taped ALL of the Basement Tapes and leaked only this one small part or he was able to watch the tapes TWICE and after seeing the Rachel part the first time, he decided to tape that segment the second time through.

So, who thinks that Darrell Scott may be, or at one time was, in possession of audio of the entirety of the Basement Tapes?

You know, that's a very interesting point. Perhaps hearing that exact quote and thinking it was about his daughter just blew him away, for lack of a better term. He might have asked that the tape be rewound (assuming it could be) so he could hear that part again. Maybe he thought he misheard it and wanted to confirm his suspicions that the killers totally targeted his god fearing daughter. I dunno, just a thought. scratch
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 49127
Forum Reputation : 378

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Audio of the basement tapes   Leaked Audio of the basement tapes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 6:40 am

thelmar wrote:

If this is the case, then this either means that Darrell Scott either surreptitiously  taped ALL of the Basement Tapes and leaked only this one small part or he was able to watch the tapes TWICE and after seeing the Rachel part the first time, he decided to tape that segment the second time through.

I think you're right!
He probably recorded everything, but only cut out this part thinking it was about his daughter.
I doubt they would repeat the tapes at his request.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Audio of the basement tapes   Leaked Audio of the basement tapes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 10:00 am

I apologize for sounding harsh. I sometimes forget that not everyone has heard everything. I know when I started researching again I was so excited about the student films that were released but it was such old news by then but I still wanted to talk to people about them!

I also have yet to meet anyone who was researching when the suicide photos were released. Those are other things that I didn’t see for a long time.

Contribution Points : 45605
Forum Reputation : 315

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Audio of the basement tapes   Leaked Audio of the basement tapes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 11:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I'm fairly certain that they were released for the first time on June 4, 2002 when the issue of the national enquirer was printed.
There are news articles from May 2002 that talk about jeffco wanting to find those responsible for leaking the photos to national enquirer. Word had likely gotten out that national enquirer was going to print them and there was a bit of an uproar.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Audio of the basement tapes   Leaked Audio of the basement tapes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 1:02 pm

spishakwax wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I'm fairly certain that they were released for the first time on June 4, 2002 when the issue of the national enquirer was printed.
There are news articles from May 2002 that talk about jeffco wanting to find those responsible for leaking the photos to national enquirer. Word had likely gotten out that national enquirer was going to print them and there was a bit of an uproar.

Thank you!!

PostSubject: Re: Leaked Audio of the basement tapes   Leaked Audio of the basement tapes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leaked Audio of the basement tapes
Page 1 of 1