Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Songs that remind you of Columbine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Songs that remind you of Columbine Empty
PostSubject: Songs that remind you of Columbine   Songs that remind you of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:01 pm

So what songs out there remind you of Columbine?

MMANSON-

NOBODIES
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I DON'T LIKE THE DRUGS (but the drugs like me!)

(since E/D smoked pot)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine   Songs that remind you of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:02 pm

THE ASYLUM

(the definitive song associated with "Vampire the Masquerade", a LARP which E/D played with friends) (note- thank God the media didn't catch on or they would have gotten Mansoned as well!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine   Songs that remind you of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:03 pm

MMANSON-

POSTHUMAN
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (song title and song's beat seem to typify their attitude near the end of their lives)

BEATLES-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (E or D wrote a book report on Charles Manson and likely listened to this song quite a bit at the time they did)

TUPAC-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (E/D wrote out lyrics to this, may have seen this MV)

KMFDM-

SON OF A GUN (Adios cd plus all others beforehand)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine   Songs that remind you of Columbine Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 6:36 pm

A Warm Place reminds me of eric and dylan after the shooting has stopped and they roam the school, thinking about what they had done and such, and reflect on their lives. And when they are about to commit suicide.

It also reminds me of Pekka Eric Auvinen after he has stopped and shooting, and pretty much like i said about Eric and Dylan
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75386
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine   Songs that remind you of Columbine Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 5:48 pm

pumped up kicks
anything from the american pie soundtrack (it was 1999)

Not to whine or bitch you out but there's a huge ass thread about this very subject before...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine   Songs that remind you of Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 11:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 91281
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine   Songs that remind you of Columbine Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 7:12 am

Teenage dirtbag by wheatus
Fact is that this song was released same day when columbine happened. They censored the word "gun" in their lyrics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine   Songs that remind you of Columbine Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 1:09 pm

For the Love of Ivy reminds me of any shooting. The band was called Gun Club too.

Back to top Go down
nukethemnoobs

Contribution Points : 64977
Forum Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine   Songs that remind you of Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 2:36 pm

Pumped up kicks lol
Back to top Go down
Unknown

Contribution Points : 61126
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine   Songs that remind you of Columbine Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 3:47 pm

These songs from P.O.D personally reminds me of Columbine:

I am not certain why they remind me of Columbine.

I believe the songs were released approximately 1-2 years after Columbine happened, which may be a reason to why.

"School of Hard Knocks" is in one of my favourite movies Little Nicky. I used to watch it multiple times when it was released in 2000.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine   Songs that remind you of Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 9:57 am

Innocence Maintained by Jewell

I actually was thinking of the song this morning for some reason and I listen to it....

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine   Songs that remind you of Columbine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 1:46 pm

I don't know if this song has been mentioned in the other thread, but Ich Will by Rammstein reminds me of Columbine and of mass shooters in general, especially with the lyrics and the music video in mind. Although I know that it is rarely the main reason, I think many shooters still want to be seen by the world. When it says "Do you see me? / Do you hear me?", I think this is what many mass shooters want, although it's not just "for attention" in the futile way, it is a tragic cry for attention, a real feeling that no-one cares about them. In the clip the band commits a bank robbery although they seem to do this more for immortality than for the money itself, the robbery becomes a spectacle, it is staged and they don't try to escape. When they leave the bank they are cheered by the crowd, filmed by journalists and arrested by the police.

Rammstein - Ich Will wrote:

[...]
(I want) I want to hear your voices
(I want) I want the peace disturbed
(I want) I want that you to watch me carefully
(I want) I want that you understand me
[...]

Do you see me?
Do you understand me?
Do you feel me?
Do you hear me?

[Chorus]
Can you hear me?
(Crowd: We hear you)
Can you see me?
(We see you)
Can you feel me?
(We feel you)
I don't understand you

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine   Songs that remind you of Columbine Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2021 10:18 am

(Deleted)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine   Songs that remind you of Columbine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs that remind you of Columbine
Page 1 of 1