Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric's heterochromia iridum?

Go down 
+4
lilith
Kiwik
WendlaBergman
lio45
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lio45

Contribution Points : 86016
Forum Reputation : 0

Eric's heterochromia iridum? Empty
PostSubject: Eric's heterochromia iridum?   Eric's heterochromia iridum? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 2:47 am

Did anyone ever figure out another plausible explanation for one eye being hazel and the other grey in the autopsy report?

He himself seemed to consider he looked weird as per his own writings, could that explain it at least in part? Because he otherwise looked pretty normal at first sight...

Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90374

PostSubject: Re: Eric's heterochromia iridum?   Eric's heterochromia iridum? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 5:52 pm

I always thought it had something to do with one eye having been knocked out by the shotgun blast. Perhaps it - and its iris - decomppsed faster being relatively isolated from the rest of the body. If I recall correctly it was the eye which had been knocked out which was grey.
Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 74551
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Eric's heterochromia iridum?   Eric's heterochromia iridum? Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 12:32 am

Sorry for digging up another old thread - I was also kinda interested in this, but I'm fascinated with heterochromia in general. I'm sure we'll never know for sure if he had it or not, and no one really ever references it when describing him. Its possible he had it and it was subtle enough to not be noticable. A lot of people don't pay attention to such features, especially if there wasn't a really big difference in the colors. I looked at one of his senior pics once to see if I could tell, and one of his eyes looks slightly lighter than the other but that could've just been the lighting. Isn't hazel usually defined As variations of brown mixed with another color? Both of his eyes look grayish to me. I think his drivers licence stated they were either grey or green. Can't remember which.
Back to top Go down
lilith

lilith

Contribution Points : 73575

PostSubject: Re: Eric's heterochromia iridum?   Eric's heterochromia iridum? Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 4:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or maybe his eyes change colors? some people have that. but yeah this is actually quite interesting to me. but it could be what WendlaBergman said--just eye trauma. sucks that we'll never know? very interesting,though, i agree.

Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96549
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Eric's heterochromia iridum?   Eric's heterochromia iridum? Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 8:42 am

I have central heterochromia and it can be hard to tell. The inside circle of my eyes are green and the outside are blue. In high light my eyes can look just blue, but in dark light my eyes look green

I am always fascinated by people with 2 different eye colors

ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 84296
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Eric's heterochromia iridum?   Eric's heterochromia iridum? Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 11:49 am

Is there no other mention of this in any of the available documents other than the autopsy report?
If so, it's likely that the color difference, as noted above, is just because of the damage to his eye(s) after the gunshot.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Eric's heterochromia iridum?   Eric's heterochromia iridum? Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 8:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The only place I've ever read about it was in his autopsy report. I remember when I first read the report (back in 2004) I also assumed one iris was a different color due to the damage he sustained to his face, either when his fun kicked back and hit him in the face during the shooting or from the suicide. It wasn't until I found this forum all these years later, and saw someone in another thread ask what color Eric's eyes were and someone else replied that he had two different colored eyes, that I wondered if he always had them or if it was sustained through injury. Not sure which thread mentioned this, I think I read it back before I actually became a member!

Also eyes are the first thing I notice about someone. A lot of people overlook subtle features that to me really stand out. That why I wonder if he did have it and it just wasn't noticeable to most people. Its not super important, just kinda interesting!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric's heterochromia iridum?   Eric's heterochromia iridum? Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 8:29 am

I have Heterochromia - one of my eyes is blue and the other brown, so the fact that Eric could have had it too interests me! A few people of Tumblr have claimed that a blue/grey eye is visible in some of his school photos if you change the quality, but to me it still all looks brown. A gunshot to the head that blows out one of your eyes could change the colour of it through trauma. There's no actual evidence of him having different eyes before the shooting so we'll never know. Unless someone who knew him has at one point mentioned odd eyes, it's unlikely that he always had them.

Last edited by explicit on Fri May 20, 2016 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kida

Kida

Contribution Points : 73540

PostSubject: Re: Eric's heterochromia iridum?   Eric's heterochromia iridum? Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 10:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Those are the closest pictures I could find.
I saw a colorado dossier of eric which also states that his eyes were green.
I think one eye was hazel and one was gray.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96549
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Eric's heterochromia iridum?   Eric's heterochromia iridum? Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 11:24 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
That last photo really makes it seem like his eyes are different colors, but if he did have Hazel eyes there could be light affecting them. Tough call!

PostSubject: Re: Eric's heterochromia iridum?   Eric's heterochromia iridum? Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 11:38 am

Thanks for posting those, I tried to link them but couldn't because I'm a new member. If someone who knew him said that he did infact have different eyes then it would answer our question! Part of me knows that there isn't a lot of evidence, but the other part of me really hopes that his eyes were different colours!

Last edited by explicit on Fri May 20, 2016 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 84296
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Eric's heterochromia iridum?   Eric's heterochromia iridum? Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 2:53 pm

I love those freakin pics of him like that from HMH!

Especially because the uninitiated probably think that they're pics from the BTs or something like that! Razz

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: Eric's heterochromia iridum?   Eric's heterochromia iridum? Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 4:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that last pic was the one I looked at where I thought one of his eyes looked lighter than the other! Close up it does look like the right eye has some different colors in it, and it's definitely subtle enough that you might not be able to tell from a distance. Thanks for posting these!
Back to top Go down
phenomenalphyre

phenomenalphyre

Contribution Points : 48225

PostSubject: Re: Eric's heterochromia iridum?   Eric's heterochromia iridum? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 8:52 am

I know I'm late to the game here, but in the autopsy report it says "The right iris is grey, the left iris is hazel". In that close-up picture, it looks as though his right iris looked hazel and the left blue-ish grey. So I think that it's a trick of the light here, and that the eye colour change is from the suicide blast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric's heterochromia iridum?   Eric's heterochromia iridum? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric's heterochromia iridum?
Page 1 of 1