Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is the Columbine massacre a closed case?

Go down 
+7
PaintItBlack
Juicy Jazzy
Fatheroftwo
MysteryMan
LPorter101
Wideawake
szuzanna
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Is the Columbine massacre a closed case? Empty
PostSubject: Is the Columbine massacre a closed case?   Is the Columbine massacre a closed case? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 4:26 am

Another thread on this forum has brought me to this question. According to Jefferson County, the basement tapes have been destroyed. But I'm pretty sure a standard law in the United States is that no evidence from an ongoing investigation can be destroyed. I've been reading different reports and articles, etc but cannot find a clear answer as to if this case was ever actually marked closed? And if so, when? Like many others, I am starting to think that perhaps they are just saying the evidence has been destroyed to try and stop all the requests for the tapes to be released. But is THAT legal? Is Jefferson Co. legally allowed to tell the public evidence has been destroyed if it hasn't?

In my mind, this just isn't adding up.
Back to top Go down
szuzanna

Contribution Points : 84544
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Is the Columbine massacre a closed case?   Is the Columbine massacre a closed case? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 5:17 pm

Well, in answer to your last question Eric--that which most people would consider blatant lying is considered by LE as an "investigative tool." One which they employ freely...So..........

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101826

PostSubject: Re: Is the Columbine massacre a closed case?   Is the Columbine massacre a closed case? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 10:16 pm

I genuinely have no clue what the answer to this question is. If the perpetrators are caught (or in this case known and deceased), does that not make the case closed? If not, what is needed to officially close the case? Anyone with experience in law enforcement know the answer to this?

I am still reeling from the thought that the tapes could be destroyed. Footage of some truly horrific things can be found on the Internet or the news. What can possibly be so awful about a tape of some kids drinking Jack Daniels and talking about a murder? Not to say that it wouldn't be bad, but surely not worse than many of the things we see on a daily basis. I have long held the belief that there MUST be something more on the tapes that we don't know about. Now I guess we'll never know.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150666
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: Is the Columbine massacre a closed case?   Is the Columbine massacre a closed case? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:07 am

It is a closed case in the sense that we know who did it.

It is open in the sense that we do not know why they did it, and never will know.

Contribution Points : 90283
Forum Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: Is the Columbine massacre a closed case?   Is the Columbine massacre a closed case? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 1:10 pm

Wideawake wrote:
I have long held the belief that there MUST be something more on the tapes that we don't know about. Now I guess we'll never know.
I wonder about this, too .What is on those tapes that they don't want make them public. Anyone knows did journalists and family members watch all of the tapes or they had only access to those which the cops wanted to show them? So far we haven't even had the all transcripts.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83288

PostSubject: Re: Is the Columbine massacre a closed case?   Is the Columbine massacre a closed case? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 9:50 pm

I doubt any authority is pursuing the case, which means its effectively closed.

Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98569
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Is the Columbine massacre a closed case?   Is the Columbine massacre a closed case? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 10:27 pm

It's closed, I don't believe any of the third or fourth shooter theories. The only cover up was when JeffCo tried to claim that Randy and Judy Brown didn't warn them about Eric, knowing that had they acted on a search warrant they would have effectively prevented the shooting.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Is the Columbine massacre a closed case?   Is the Columbine massacre a closed case? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 11:24 pm

I think so. I don't think anyone else was involved. Looking back, I think some friends had some hints bit nobody had the full picture or knew what would happen or when. I don't think E and D would have trusted anyone with the plan unless they were convinced they were all the way in and willing to die themselves. I've never believed in any theories about other shooters.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118808
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Is the Columbine massacre a closed case?   Is the Columbine massacre a closed case? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 3:27 am

I think part of the additional shooter thing came from the fact that some people outside said they saw 2 guys in trench coats and then some say they saw 2 guys in trench coats and a guy in a white t-shirt throwing a pipe bomb on the roof of the school. In their panic, I don't think they realized that the guy in the white shirt was Eric but that he had taken his trench coat off and threw it on the ground. Then later during the shooting, Dylan took his trench coat off so now it could look like there were 4 different shooters. 2 guys with trench coats and 2 guys without.

I don't think there were any additional shooters either as all of the bullets recovered were traced back to Dylan and Eric's guns, I am assuming. There is a list telling you exactly which bullets were shot by who and how many bullets they each shot.

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97615
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Is the Columbine massacre a closed case?   Is the Columbine massacre a closed case? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 11:42 am

Jenn wrote:
I think part of the additional shooter thing came from the fact that some people outside said they saw 2 guys in trench coats and then some say they saw 2 guys in trench coats and a guy in a white t-shirt throwing a pipe bomb on the roof of the school. In their panic, I don't think they realized that the guy in the white shirt was Eric but that he had taken his trench coat off and threw it on the ground. Then later during the shooting, Dylan took his trench coat off so now it could look like there were 4 different shooters. 2 guys with trench coats and 2 guys without.

I don't think there were any additional shooters either as all of the bullets recovered were traced back to Dylan and Eric's guns, I am assuming. There is a list telling you exactly which bullets were shot by who and how many bullets they each shot.

Yep, there was also some mistaken notion by a witness saying he seen an attacked in a green hoodie or shirt, but I think in the commotion he just asumed an innocent student is a shooter.

Then people seen a maintenance worker on the roof and then reported him as a snper on the roof.
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 101899
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Is the Columbine massacre a closed case?   Is the Columbine massacre a closed case? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 1:25 pm

I still don't think they were destroyed...
They still have John Wayne Gacy evidence stored in here in Chicago... He was convicted in 1982, and put to death in 1994.
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101274
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Is the Columbine massacre a closed case?   Is the Columbine massacre a closed case? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 2:14 pm

Some victims saw the tapes, like val schurr who was shot. I remember that she mentioned that she saw these "horrible" tapes.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97615
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Is the Columbine massacre a closed case?   Is the Columbine massacre a closed case? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 4:44 pm

em81 wrote:
Some victims saw the tapes, like val schurr who was shot. I remember that she mentioned that she saw these "horrible" tapes.
Can't blame her for calling them that tbh. she suffered many non-critical, but certainly painfull shrapnel and bullet wounds (including afaik 2 through-and-through tec9 wounds). She also seen other people die, including Lauren Townsend who was hiding under the same table. Val was shot, suffered a blast from one opf the explosives which hurt her with sharapnel and sent her flying from under the table. She was in the open lying on the floor in pain when Dylan asked her the "do you believe in god?" question. and she even at that point had teh wits and nerve to talk Dylan out of killing her on the spot, until he finally shifted attention and went to shoot at other people.

After this, seeing the same guys who shot her and killed her friends gloat on some morbid videotape... yeah I can see why it was certianly horrible for her. Can't blame her one bit. Val is certainly amongst the CHS survivor students who earned my great respect for her behavior and quick thinking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the Columbine massacre a closed case?   Is the Columbine massacre a closed case? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is the Columbine massacre a closed case?
Page 1 of 1