Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Meeting with victims families

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
areyoulistening

Contribution Points : 101622
Forum Reputation : 0

Meeting with victims families Empty
PostSubject: Meeting with victims families   Meeting with victims families Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:22 pm

I know that both the Harris' and the Klebolds met with the Mausers (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2010/02/24/the-last-columbine-mystery.html)

Did they meet with any other parents? I could have sworn I read an article once about the Harris' meeting another family but I don't remember which one.
What about the Klebolds?

Was it only the families that didn't sue them?

Contribution Points : 101820

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with victims families   Meeting with victims families Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:30 pm

I just remember it was the father of one of the victims, but for the love of god, I just can't seem to recall who's father it was. I just know it was a divorced dad of one of the male victims.

I'm sorry, I can't be of more help

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with victims families   Meeting with victims families Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:34 pm

tragedy79 wrote:
I just remember it was the father of one of the victims, but for the love of god, I just can't seem to recall who's father it was. I just know it was a divorced dad of one of the male victims.

Yes! That's all I can remember from it to! It's so frustrating, the dad wrote a really good report about the whole thing and for the life of me I can't remember who it is.
I blame old age, I used to remember everything.

Contribution Points : 101820

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with victims families   Meeting with victims families Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:39 pm

areyoulistening wrote:
tragedy79 wrote:

Yes! That's all I can remember from it to! It's so frustrating, the dad wrote a really good report about the whole thing and for the life of me I can't remember who it is.
I blame old age, I used to remember everything.

Laughing If YOU are forgetting things because of your age. then I must have a severe case of Alzheimers....because compared to you I am really old Sad

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with victims families   Meeting with victims families Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:15 pm

It might have been Daniel R's dad? And I had no idea that the Klebolds met with the Mausers.
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with victims families   Meeting with victims families Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 8:19 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:
I had no idea that the Klebolds met with the Mausers.

No, I hadn't either until I read that article. Linda Mauser did have her own version of the meeting with the Harris' but she deleted it. It was a lot more detailed than Dave Cullens version. It was more heartbreaking because it was her own words about meeting the parents of the guy who killed her son.

She didn't really get into the meeting with Mrs Klebold as far as I remember because meeting the Harris' was more significant to her.

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with victims families   Meeting with victims families Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 8:41 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:
It might have been Daniel R's dad? And I had no idea that the Klebolds met with the Mausers.

It was Steven Curnow's dad Bob! I can't find it though and it's driving me demented. I just want to know that it exists so I'm positive that I'm not loosing the plot.
It was very well written as far as I remember. He went into a great detail about it. He met with the Klebolds also and he talked about them to.

Contribution Points : 101143

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with victims families   Meeting with victims families Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 9:57 am

You're right, it was Steven Curnow's dad. His account on the meetings with both sets of parents is in the "new" (2010) afterword of Cullen's book (it's Cullen's words though, not Curnow's). Bob Curnow said that the meeting with the Klebolds was "warmer and easier than the Harris session, largely because of Sue".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with victims families   Meeting with victims families Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting with victims families
Page 1 of 1