Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Letters to the victims families

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6423
Contribution Points : 193132
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Letters to the victims families  Empty
PostSubject: Letters to the victims families    Letters to the victims families  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 4:11 pm

I remember reading about the issue with the Harris’s letters to the families and I know they spoke to the Mausers.

However, we do have more info on Sue and her experience but I feel like I’m still speculating. I believe she got something back from Coni Sanders and either Corey or Kelly’s sister? The family (es) that ripped them up I assume were the Scholes (after the particular cruelty of Dylan towards Isaiah I don’t blame them) and/or the Valequez’s

I think Tom Mauser wrote her back asking her to speak out?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Letters to the victims families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to the victims families    Letters to the victims families  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 11:05 am

I have always been impressed by the way Tom Mauser has carried himself in light of what happened to his son at Columbine.

I think instead of showing hatred towards the two killers for what they've done he has expended his energy to change the gun laws to prevent other kids, like his son, from experiencing the same fate.

I have always been disappointed in Brian Rohrbough's reaction and the way he has carried himself after the shootings. Placing blame and attacking the parents is not the right thing to do in my personal opinion.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6423
Contribution Points : 193132
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Letters to the victims families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to the victims families    Letters to the victims families  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2018 11:12 am

Ivan wrote:
I have always been impressed by the way Tom Mauser has carried himself in light of what happened to his son at Columbine.

I think instead of showing hatred towards the two killers for what they've done he has expended his energy to change the gun laws to prevent other kids, like his son, from experiencing the same fate.

I have always been disappointed in Brian Rohrbough's reaction and the way he has carried himself after the shootings. Placing blame and attacking the parents is not the right thing to do in my personal opinion.

I agree, also his plaque is the only one at the memorial filled with anger (Danny R’s)
Back to top Go down
Tuga




Posts : 169
Contribution Points : 64342
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-04-22

Letters to the victims families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to the victims families    Letters to the victims families  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 7:28 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I remember reading about the issue with the Harris’s letters to the families and I know they spoke to the Mausers.

However, we do have more info on Sue and her experience but I feel like I’m still speculating. I believe she got something back from Coni Sanders and either Corey or Kelly’s sister? The family (es)  that ripped them up I assume were the Scholes (after the particular cruelty of Dylan  towards Isaiah I don’t blame them) and/or the Valequez’s

I think Tom Mauser wrote her back asking her to speak out?
There is a picture in National Geographic (January 2018 edition) of Coni and Susan together near the 13 memorial crosses at Olinger Chapel Hill Cemetery. I think those two are chummy now. Can you recall the source for the sister? I'd like to know more about that. Also Mr Curnow was one of the first parents to respond to Susan and it was cordial. The meeting with the Mausers is detailed in at least two books (Mr Mauser gives his POV in his book and his wife's POV is in a revised edition of Cullen's book). Also, Anne Marie Hochhalter and Kacey Johnson (nee Ruegsegger) have responded cordially in interviews.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6423
Contribution Points : 193132
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Letters to the victims families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to the victims families    Letters to the victims families  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 7:57 am

Tuga wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
I remember reading about the issue with the Harris’s letters to the families and I know they spoke to the Mausers.

However, we do have more info on Sue and her experience but I feel like I’m still speculating. I believe she got something back from Coni Sanders and either Corey or Kelly’s sister? The family (es)  that ripped them up I assume were the Scholes (after the particular cruelty of Dylan  towards Isaiah I don’t blame them) and/or the Valequez’s

I think Tom Mauser wrote her back asking her to speak out?
There is a picture in National Geographic (January 2018 edition) of Coni and Susan together near the 13 memorial crosses at Olinger Chapel Hill Cemetery. I think those two are chummy now. Can you recall the source for the sister? I'd like to know more about that. Also Mr Curnow was one of the first parents to respond to Susan and it was cordial. The meeting with the Mausers is detailed in at least two books (Mr Mauser gives his POV in his book and his wife's POV is in a revised edition of Cullen's book). Also, Anne Marie Hochhalter and Kacey Johnson (nee Ruegsegger) have responded cordially in interviews.

Thank you for the information :-)

The sister is mentioned in a mothers reckoning. I can find the page at some point today if you’d like
Back to top Go down
Tuga




Posts : 169
Contribution Points : 64342
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-04-22

Letters to the victims families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to the victims families    Letters to the victims families  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 9:53 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Tuga wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
I remember reading about the issue with the Harris’s letters to the families and I know they spoke to the Mausers.

However, we do have more info on Sue and her experience but I feel like I’m still speculating. I believe she got something back from Coni Sanders and either Corey or Kelly’s sister? The family (es)  that ripped them up I assume were the Scholes (after the particular cruelty of Dylan  towards Isaiah I don’t blame them) and/or the Valequez’s

I think Tom Mauser wrote her back asking her to speak out?
There is a picture in National Geographic (January 2018 edition) of Coni and Susan together near the 13 memorial crosses at Olinger Chapel Hill Cemetery. I think those two are chummy now. Can you recall the source for the sister? I'd like to know more about that. Also Mr Curnow was one of the first parents to respond to Susan and it was cordial. The meeting with the Mausers is detailed in at least two books (Mr Mauser gives his POV in his book and his wife's POV is in a revised edition of Cullen's book). Also, Anne Marie Hochhalter and Kacey Johnson (nee Ruegsegger) have responded cordially in interviews.

Thank you for the information :-)

The sister is mentioned in a mothers reckoning. I can find the page at some point today if you’d like
Yes, I'd appreciate that enormously.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Letters to the victims families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to the victims families    Letters to the victims families  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 10:48 pm

According to Cullen, Steven Curnow's Dad met with the Harrises in the early 2000s and also met with the Klebold's (around 2001 I think). And in her book Sue Klebold says she met with the mother of a girl who was killed, who I think might be Rachel Scott's mother- only because she S.K. mentions that the Mother thought her daughter death was "predestined", which I feel is something I vaguely remember hearing about Rachel Scott before, though I can't remember where.

With regards to the sister, it's on page 258, a few pages into chapter 17: Judgement. It can't be Corey's sister because it says it was the sister of a murdered girl- so that narrows it down a bit. The Flemings did seem very sympathetic to E/D's parents afterwards, so could be Kelly's sister?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6423
Contribution Points : 193132
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Letters to the victims families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to the victims families    Letters to the victims families  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 11:10 pm

InsomniaticDreams wrote:
According to Cullen, Steven Curnow's Dad met with the Harrises in the early 2000s and also met with the Klebold's (around 2001 I think).  And in her book Sue Klebold says she met with the mother of a girl who was killed, who I think might be Rachel Scott's mother- only because she S.K. mentions that the Mother thought her daughter death was "predestined", which I feel is something I vaguely remember hearing about Rachel Scott before, though I can't remember where.

With regards to the sister, it's on page 258, a few pages into chapter 17: Judgement.  It can't be Corey's sister because it says it was the sister of a murdered girl- so that narrows it down a bit.  The Flemings did seem very sympathetic to E/D's parents afterwards, so could be Kelly's sister?

Thank you!! I just got home and was getting ready to look. It was probably Kelly's sister. Lauren had a sister but I am not entirely sure how her family feel about the Klebolds. I know Dawn, her mother and Sue agree the depositions should have been released immediately but Dylans cruelty (albeit unknowing, Dylan didn't target Lauren but she got the brunt of his gunfire) may have turned them off.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy


Posts : 512
Contribution Points : 98444
Forum Reputation : 21
Join date : 2013-09-03

Letters to the victims families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to the victims families    Letters to the victims families  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 2:03 am

InsomniaticDreams wrote:
According to Cullen, Steven Curnow's Dad met with the Harrises in the early 2000s and also met with the Klebold's (around 2001 I think).  And in her book Sue Klebold says she met with the mother of a girl who was killed, who I think might be Rachel Scott's mother- only because she S.K. mentions that the Mother thought her daughter death was "predestined", which I feel is something I vaguely remember hearing about Rachel Scott before, though I can't remember where.
Rachel's mum confirmed in a women's bible study interview she gave just before I'm Not Ashamed released (the video is on Youtube) that she keeps in semi regular contact with Sue Klebold, so I'm guessing this refers to her.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6423
Contribution Points : 193132
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Letters to the victims families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to the victims families    Letters to the victims families  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 9:10 am

There’s a part of AMR That talks about when Sue met with one of the mothers and she said that there was nothing anyone could do because it was Gods plans for her daughter to be killed.

That passage always struck me as odd. Like she was sayinj thst Dylsn was predestined to kill her daughter. I always assumed that was Rachel’s mom but it could have been Cassie’s. I may have to find that again and see if I’m remembering correctly

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Letters to the victims families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to the victims families    Letters to the victims families  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 11:55 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
There’s a part of AMR That talks about when Sue met with one of the mothers and she said that there was nothing anyone could do because it was Gods plans for her daughter to be killed.

I wonder how Sue took that? Knowing that this woman seemingly believed that Dylan was born ONLY to become a mass murderer?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6423
Contribution Points : 193132
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Letters to the victims families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to the victims families    Letters to the victims families  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 12:23 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
There’s a part of AMR That talks about when Sue met with one of the mothers and she said that there was nothing anyone could do because it was Gods plans for her daughter to be killed.

I wonder how Sue took that? Knowing that this woman seemingly believed that Dylan was born ONLY to become a mass murderer?

I wouldn't have taken it well that's for sure.

I assumed it was Rachel's mom but it could have been Cassie's. I only assumed it was Rachel's because she seems to buy into Dylan's secret crush on Rachel etc..

Considering how much Dylan had to offer before whatever happened in his head changed him, if I was Sue I would respectfully disagree but inside I'd have a few choice words.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 120278
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-04

Letters to the victims families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to the victims families    Letters to the victims families  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 12:32 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
There’s a part of AMR That talks about when Sue met with one of the mothers and she said that there was nothing anyone could do because it was Gods plans for her daughter to be killed.

I wonder how Sue took that? Knowing that this woman seemingly believed that Dylan was born ONLY to become a mass murderer?

I wouldn't have taken it well that's for sure. 

Me neither. Even assuming God is real and affects how things happen on Earth how would you even know what his plans are or not?

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6423
Contribution Points : 193132
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Letters to the victims families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to the victims families    Letters to the victims families  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 12:34 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
There’s a part of AMR That talks about when Sue met with one of the mothers and she said that there was nothing anyone could do because it was Gods plans for her daughter to be killed.

I wonder how Sue took that? Knowing that this woman seemingly believed that Dylan was born ONLY to become a mass murderer?

I wouldn't have taken it well that's for sure. 

Me neither. Even assuming God is real and affects how things happen on Earth how would you even know what his plans are or not?

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Tuga




Posts : 169
Contribution Points : 64342
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-04-22

Letters to the victims families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to the victims families    Letters to the victims families  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 10:18 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
There’s a part of AMR That talks about when Sue met with one of the mothers and she said that there was nothing anyone could do because it was Gods plans for her daughter to be killed.

I wonder how Sue took that? Knowing that this woman seemingly believed that Dylan was born ONLY to become a mass murderer?

I wouldn't have taken it well that's for sure.

I assumed it was Rachel's mom but it could have been Cassie's. I only assumed it was Rachel's because she seems to buy into Dylan's secret crush on Rachel etc..

Considering how much Dylan had to offer before whatever happened in his head changed him, if I was Sue I would respectfully disagree but inside I'd have a few choice words.
It's Rachel's mother for sure. She gave an interview or two about meeting Susan. Besides, Cassie's parent weren't very open minded about Susan publishing a book and there is an interview with them and Mr Rohrbough on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6423
Contribution Points : 193132
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Letters to the victims families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to the victims families    Letters to the victims families  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 10:40 pm

That’s interesting then because I’m not understanding the thoughts Sue is having.

The Dylan:Rachel crush thing has always irritated me because it always makes it sound like there was something horribly wrong with Dylan thst nobody would’ve liked him.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Letters to the victims families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to the victims families    Letters to the victims families  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Letters to the victims families
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Meeting with victims families
» Victims Families on E/D and their Parents
» Aside from Eric, Dylan, the victims, the survivors, and the families...
» Tom Mauser: Some victims families feel anger and resentment about book
» 13 Families

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: