Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Why did no one attempt saving Kyle?

Go down 
+7
JayT
ChaotixBoy
paradisedreams
Gustopoet2
John Denver
aubre
Duskstareblazeithappypone
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Duskstareblazeithappypone

Duskstareblazeithappypone


Posts : 36
Contribution Points : 80460
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-07-03
Age : 23
Location : Dayton, Ohio

Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Empty
PostSubject: Why did no one attempt saving Kyle?   Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 10:13 pm

Okay, Think about it.

Everyone gets under the tables, Except kyle, WHY DID NO ONE HELP A MENTALLY RETARDED KID?

I have a few theories for this one.
Self preservation/Fight or flight. Okay, So, I think during all the commotion and pandemonium when everyone was trying to hide and stuff like that they were too focused on actually hiding and trying to stay hidden rather than helping everyone around them.
Confusion, I mean, No one really knew how close the shooters were, And they probably heard the gunshots getting closer and closer (If they heard any at all) Not to mention the fact that no one knew how many there were at the time.

And lastly, Maybe no one really noticed him. I was thinking that maybe some of the children might have had their eyes closed in prayer and or fear at the time and maybe no one really noticed and the people who did were probably too far away and didn't wanna risk it.

What do you think? I'm interested to hear. Smile
Back to top Go down
aubre




Posts : 169
Contribution Points : 81468
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 41

Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did no one attempt saving Kyle?   Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 10:33 pm

There was a lot of confusion, I don't think the kids were aware of how serious the situation was until Eric and Dylan came into the library and started shooting. I think I remember some of them saying it didn't really register how serious it was until until they saw someone get shot. And I'm guessing no one really knew him.

I thought there was some debate over whether Kyle was just sitting there out in the open, or if he was under a table.
Back to top Go down
John Denver




Posts : 58
Contribution Points : 80891
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-06-19

Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did no one attempt saving Kyle?   Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 10:47 pm

Did all the others get under the tables until E/D were really close to entering (thus, too late to help Kyle or even notice him)?

Because if you listen to the 911 call, you can hear Patti Nielson repeatedly shouting "you guys STAY on the floor!" - which gives the feeling that some students were not obeing her and not going down, but rather not taking the situation seriously and staying/getting up, maybe.

The other look at it would be that people were panicking and not able to stay down, and also not noticing Kyle. Does anyone mention him in the 11k report?
Back to top Go down
aubre




Posts : 169
Contribution Points : 81468
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 41

Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did no one attempt saving Kyle?   Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 10:52 pm

I think a couple were still standing up until right before they came in. One of them even saw Dylan walking up. I don't remember Kyle being mentioned, someone else might.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2


Posts : 495
Contribution Points : 82140
Forum Reputation : 3
Join date : 2015-06-11

Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did no one attempt saving Kyle?   Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 11:29 pm

aubre wrote:
I think a couple were still standing up until right before they came in. One of them even saw Dylan walking up. I don't remember Kyle being mentioned, someone else might.

Evan Todd was standing behind a pillar. Eric tried to kill him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
USE THE POWER
TASTE THE BLISS
HARVEST SALVATION
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2


Posts : 495
Contribution Points : 82140
Forum Reputation : 3
Join date : 2015-06-11

Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did no one attempt saving Kyle?   Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 11:32 pm

aubre wrote:
There was a lot of confusion, I don't think the kids were aware of how serious the situation was until Eric and Dylan came into the library and started shooting. I think I remember some of them saying it didn't really register how serious it was until until they saw someone get shot. And I'm guessing no one really knew him.

I thought there was some debate over whether Kyle was just sitting there out in the open, or if he was under a table.

Curled up but not completely hidden I think.

Regarding Kyle Velasquez position when shot [page 012321]:

The body of VELASQUEZ (Body 10) was found on the floor in front of computer station 7. while his student ID was on top of the monitor of station 6 immediately east of station 7.

Bloodstains and tissue found in the area by VELASQUEZ included the ceiling to the northeast; the top of the table; CURNOWs books on this table to the west of this computer station; and some of the computer stations to the north and northwest, which included some hair-like material.

(Note: Although the number 7 was at this station, the monitor bore 9B and the CPU bore 9A.)

The greatest accumulation of blood and hair and possible tissue exhibiting a general conical appearance was on the face (or south side) of the horizontal plate running beneath the tabletop edge at a height of about 26". This was consistent with VELASQUEZ receiving a head wound while the affected area of his head was generally at the same height (approximately 26") as this
plate.

No hair, tissue or blood was observed on the underside of the tabletop.

(Thanks, Sororityalpha)


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
USE THE POWER
TASTE THE BLISS
HARVEST SALVATION
Back to top Go down
aubre




Posts : 169
Contribution Points : 81468
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-06-04
Age : 41

Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did no one attempt saving Kyle?   Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 11:48 pm

Gustopoet2 wrote:
aubre wrote:
There was a lot of confusion, I don't think the kids were aware of how serious the situation was until Eric and Dylan came into the library and started shooting. I think I remember some of them saying it didn't really register how serious it was until until they saw someone get shot. And I'm guessing no one really knew him.

I thought there was some debate over whether Kyle was just sitting there out in the open, or if he was under a table.

Curled up but not completely hidden I think.

Regarding Kyle Velasquez position when shot [page 012321]:

The body of VELASQUEZ (Body 10) was found on the floor in front of computer station 7. while his student ID was on top of the monitor of station 6 immediately east of station 7.

Bloodstains and tissue found in the area by VELASQUEZ included the ceiling to the northeast; the top of the table; CURNOWs books on this table to the west of this computer station; and some of the computer stations to the north and northwest, which included some hair-like material.

(Note: Although the number 7 was at this station, the monitor bore 9B and the CPU bore 9A.)

The greatest accumulation of blood and hair and possible tissue exhibiting a general conical appearance was on the face (or south side) of the horizontal plate running beneath the tabletop edge at a height of about 26". This was consistent with VELASQUEZ receiving a head wound while the affected area of his head was generally at the same height (approximately 26") as this
plate.

No hair, tissue or blood was observed on the underside of the tabletop.

(Thanks, Sororityalpha)


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks, this is what I thought. So he was already down. Plus, he wasn't the only one who wasn't under a table.
Back to top Go down
paradisedreams

paradisedreams


Posts : 124
Contribution Points : 84261
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-02-11
Age : 29
Location : Michigan

Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did no one attempt saving Kyle?   Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 2:23 pm

I still kind of see it as maybe the shock factor of everything. We all know Bree Pasquale said she saw(?) them shoot "a girl" outside, from the Library, which was minutes before Dylan and Eric entered the Library. I'm guessing it didn't completely register in their minds that something serious was going on until the infamous "Stand up!" and "You're all going to die!" Just like when multiple witnesses outside said (who were near people who were shot) that even when they saw blood start to appear, they thought for a few seconds that maybe they were hit by a paintball, until that person fell or screamed out in pain, and everyone ran.
Back to top Go down
ChaotixBoy

ChaotixBoy


Posts : 75
Contribution Points : 65692
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-15
Location : United States

Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did no one attempt saving Kyle?   Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Kyle was likely very confused. With his mental problems, he was probably just very lost and did not understand what was going on. He was probably just sitting in the chair or maybe knelt down a little bit when Dylan just killed him as soon as the Eric & Dylan walked in. He was out in the open.
Back to top Go down
JayT

JayT


Posts : 57
Contribution Points : 57026
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-21

Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did no one attempt saving Kyle?   Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 3:23 pm

ChaotixBoy wrote:
Kyle was likely very confused. With his mental problems, he was probably just very lost and did not understand what was going on. He was probably just sitting in the chair or maybe knelt down a little bit when Dylan just killed him as soon as the Eric & Dylan walked in. He was out in the open.

This in my opinion, is the most heinous act that occurred that day. I feel confident in my belief that the boys knew Kyle, and also knew he had special needs. It takes a certain kind of monster(s) to attack the most vulnerable among us. Though no one deserved what happened on 4/20, Kyle deserved it the least!
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha


Posts : 1664
Contribution Points : 97440
Forum Reputation : 440
Join date : 2015-03-31
Location : The Masovian Lowland

Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did no one attempt saving Kyle?   Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 3:59 pm

Duskstareblazeithappypone wrote:
Okay, Think about it.

Everyone gets under the tables, Except kyle, WHY DID NO ONE HELP A MENTALLY RETARDED KID?

Just to point out - it is not certain that he did not get under the table. There's conflicting evidence about where E&D found him.

JayT wrote:
This in my opinion, is the most heinous act that occurred that day. I feel confident in my belief that the boys knew Kyle, and also knew he had special needs. It takes a certain kind of monster(s) to attack the most vulnerable among us. Though no one deserved what happened on 4/20, Kyle deserved it the least!

If they knew Kyle had special needs, then it was probably a factor why they shot him first (and not some other kid). Eric hated mentally handicapped people (always called them retards) and ranted about it in lenght in the diary. He wrote taht all should be killed.

_________________
Life is like a tram - you need to know when to get off.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 120228
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-04

Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did no one attempt saving Kyle?   Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 7:03 pm

JayT wrote:
I feel confident in my belief that the boys knew Kyle, and also knew he had special needs. 

What makes you say that?

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
JayT

JayT


Posts : 57
Contribution Points : 57026
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-21

Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did no one attempt saving Kyle?   Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 10:04 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
JayT wrote:
I feel confident in my belief that the boys knew Kyle, and also knew he had special needs. 

What makes you say that?

As a general observation, most students in school know who the special need kids are. Myself, and most likely everyone I knew in HS knew who those kids were/are. It’s just how it is, no real sleuthing required. Did you not observe/interact with your fellow students in HS?

I’ll admit to being a “Christian jock” back in the day, but I had/have friends across all social economic spectrums. I’ve always made friends easily.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 96024
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did no one attempt saving Kyle?   Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 8:56 am

JayT wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
JayT wrote:
I feel confident in my belief that the boys knew Kyle, and also knew he had special needs. 

What makes you say that?

As a general observation, most students in school know who the special need kids are. Myself, and most likely everyone I knew in HS knew who those kids were/are. It’s just how it is, no real sleuthing required. Did you not observe/interact with your fellow students in HS?

I’ll admit to being a “Christian jock” back in the day, but I had/have friends across all social economic spectrums. I’ve always made friends easily.

I agree. Adding that they boys didn't like handicapped people in general I think Kyle would have been a target whether or not he hid under a table. I think they would have shot him as soon as they saw him

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6424
Contribution Points : 193582
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did no one attempt saving Kyle?   Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 9:20 am

I have to be honest with you guys I always looked at it in a different way. I have always operated under the assumption that Lisa heard Eric say are you still with me? Because Dylan wasn’t shooting as much, he was just yelling and acting insane. So after he said that Dylan saw Kyle and shot him. To prove to Eric that he was in.

Also on the other end and why did no one Pull Kelly towards them under the table? She had to try to make her way to Laurens table. Didn't her life matter just as much as Kyle’s?

I think it was such chaos I don’t think anyone was thinking about whether or not they wanted to help someone they just didn’t know what to do....

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 96024
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did no one attempt saving Kyle?   Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 9:36 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I have to be honest with you guys I always looked at it in a different way. I have always operated under the assumption that Lisa heard Eric say are you still with me? Because Dylan wasn’t shooting as much,  he was just yelling and acting insane. So after he said  that Dylan saw Kyle and shot him. To prove to Eric that he was in.

Also on the other end and why did no one Pull Kelly towards them under the table? She had to try to make her way to Laurens table. Didn't her life matter just as much as Kyle’s?

I think it was such chaos I don’t think anyone was thinking about  whether or not they wanted to help someone they just didn’t know what to do....

I think your last statement is very true. There was so much confusion I think it was every man for himself.

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 120228
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-04

Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did no one attempt saving Kyle?   Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 12:35 pm

JayT wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
JayT wrote:
I feel confident in my belief that the boys knew Kyle, and also knew he had special needs. 

What makes you say that?

As a general observation, most students in school know who the special need kids are. Myself, and most likely everyone I knew in HS knew who those kids were/are. It’s just how it is, no real sleuthing required. Did you not observe/interact with your fellow students in HS?

I’ll admit to being a “Christian jock” back in the day, but I had/have friends across all social economic spectrums. I’ve always made friends easily.

Your experiences are not universal. You cannot always tell who is and who isn't mentally handicapped.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
JayT

JayT


Posts : 57
Contribution Points : 57026
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-21

Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did no one attempt saving Kyle?   Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 1:58 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
JayT wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
JayT wrote:
I feel confident in my belief that the boys knew Kyle, and also knew he had special needs. 

What makes you say that?

As a general observation, most students in school know who the special need kids are. Myself, and most likely everyone I knew in HS knew who those kids were/are. It’s just how it is, no real sleuthing required. Did you not observe/interact with your fellow students in HS?

I’ll admit to being a “Christian jock” back in the day, but I had/have friends across all social economic spectrums. I’ve always made friends easily.

Your experiences are not universal. You cannot always tell who is and who isn't mentally handicapped.

This statement is true on the surface. We need to remember that schools are a closed ecosystem. Today, many special needs kids attend standard classes with the general population. 20 years ago, that was not the case. Back then, they were by and large taught together in a separate classroom setting. They would usually leave together about 5 minutes before the class dismissed bell, and already be in their next classroom before the bell would ring.

So you see, it was not hard to know who they were, even for the most pedestrian of observers. I cannot speak for today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did no one attempt saving Kyle?   Why did no one attempt saving Kyle? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Why did no one attempt saving Kyle?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Kyle Valasguez
» Kyle Velasquez
» Kyle Velasquez' dad has died
»  Kyle Kashuv questioned by School After Visit to Gun range with his dad.
» Parkland teacher accused of comparing Kyle Kashuv to Hitler in rant.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: