Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151243
Forum Reputation : 2754

Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers Empty
PostSubject: Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers   Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 2:29 pm

...after 4/20, that is.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

More than a week had passed since Krystie DeHoff felt bullets and bombs explode all around her, since she ran in horror past young, dead bodies to safety. Now she was inching toward normality, shopping at King Soopers grocery, when the most innocent sound--a baby crying in his mother's arms--set the Columbine High School massacre in motion again, this time in her mind. Her heart raced, her muscles coiled. She heard not a baby, but her classmates, shrieking. "All I could think was: MAKE HIM STOP!" she said.

Josh Lapp was at Beau Jo's pizza the other day when a similarly ordinary noise--something dropping with a bang in the kitchen--flashed him back to the Columbine High library, with gunshots killing students all around him. "It's like I'm always there," Lapp said. "If kids are playing outside screaming, if there's a moan on a television show, sometimes just seeing friends brings it back."
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers   Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 2:34 am

No one thought this was interesting?

In one sense, Eric and Dylan got what they wanted ... for a long time, those who lived saw and heard them, or at least the sights and sounds of their crimes, everywhere they went.

You go to the supermarket ... you're standing in a brightly-lit aisle lined with Pop-Tarts and Cheez Whiz ... then, suddenly, a baby starts to cry, and all you can do is keep from screaming:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(As an aside, does David Morse not look somewhat like Wayne Harris?)
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96666
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers   Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 2:50 am

Sorry. It was interesting. However, I think that except for a few like Craig Scott, this was a temporary effect.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers   Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 2:52 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
Sorry. It was interesting. However, I think that except for a few like Craig Scott, this was a temporary effect.

Yeah.

But what an effect, though.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers   Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 2:56 am

True, but now to my way of thinking not worth losing a lifetime and taking the same away from others.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers   Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 2:58 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
True, but now to my way of thinking not worth losing a lifetime and taking the same away from others.

Oh, I've never felt that 4/20 was, in any way, shape, or form, worth anything at all.

Whether or not you believe that Eric and Dylan were evil or not, you cannot argue that their actions were anything but evil.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers   Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 3:19 am

I agree that their actions were evil, but feel a lot of evil had been done to them and other students over time as well.
Just a different level of evil.
Sadly, E &D seemed to see this as some kind of crusade or cause.
But I can understand how their motivations must have started out all too well.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97690
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers   Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 12:14 pm

Evil as in planning to kill hundreds of people and then killing 13, trying to kill more? sure.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 83515
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers   Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 1:07 pm

It sounds like she had a very severe case of PTSD.

I knew a Gulf War vet (the first one) who would nearly kick a table over at the sound of a loud crack or crash. We were sitting on a balcony at a cafe and a passing car backfired. He literally knocked our table over with his knee jerk reaction. The way he explained it was that it was like being placed in a time machine that instantly took you back to when the event happened.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97690
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers   Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 8:20 am

radaddio wrote:
It sounds like she had a very severe case of PTSD.

I knew a Gulf War vet (the first one) who would nearly kick a table over at the sound of a loud crack or crash. We were sitting on a balcony at a cafe and a passing car backfired. He literally knocked our table over with his knee jerk reaction. The way he explained it was that it was like being placed in a time machine that instantly took you back to when the event happened.

Yeah heard about such cases during my university days with psychology studies.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers   Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric and Dylan made a girl freak out at King Soopers
Page 1 of 1