Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric (and Dylan) Dredd

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151470
Forum Reputation : 2754

Eric (and Dylan) Dredd Empty
PostSubject: Eric (and Dylan) Dredd   Eric (and Dylan) Dredd Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 4:32 am

Have you ever read any of the Judge Dredd comics, or seen either of the two movies?

(I watched the old movie - the shitty one with Sylvester Stallone - on TV the other day. It's not a great flick, but it's fun at times. It's not like the comic. I haven't seen the new one.)

Dredd says this over and over again: "I am the law." He is sworn to uphold the law, but he has an awful lot of leeway. He's judge, jury, and executioner, and he works fast. If Dredd wants you dead, you die.

Eric Harris wrote:
My belief is that if I say something, it goes. I am the law, if you don’t like it, you die. If I don’t like you or I don’t like what you want me to do, you die.... I will rig up explosives all over a town and detonate each one of them at will after I mow down a whole fucking area full of you snotty ass rich mother fucking high strung godlike attitude having worthless pieces of shit whores. i don’t care if I live or die in the shootout, all I want to do is kill and injure as many of you pricks as I can....

Now, Eric was not sworn to uphold the law ... but he did seem to believe in the natural law: the strong overwhelm the weak in the battle to survive and thrive.

Eric was a small, weak nobody who wanted to feel like a big, strong somebody. He was a scrawny little kid who wanted to lord over those who (he felt) kept him down all throughout his high-school years.

Tim Krabbé wrote:
Eric and Dylan ventured into the school through the broken doors.

The hallways were abandoned. Fifth period was in session, and whoever didn't have classes had gone into the commons, outside, or into the library. In front of Eric and Dylan lay the long and broad northern hallway that led to the school's main entrance on the east side; to their right was the short hallway that led past the library. At the very end of that, toward the left, lay the south hallway with in its corner the staircase that led downward into the commons.

"I am lord of all I see." (Dredd never said this, but it fits.)

Tim Krabbé wrote:
Eric and Dylan walked up and down in the hallway of the library. They laughed and cheered, looked into classrooms through the windows, fired and threw bombs in the hallway itself and into the commons. There were thunderous explosions, the hallway was filled with the sulphuric smell of the gunpowder, the firealarm began to blare, alarm lights were flickering.

What was it like to stand there in that hallway, in the midst of the swirling storm, with their unleashed wrath flowing outward from them, howling like the wind? It must have been like standing in the deepest, darkest corner of Hell ... a Hell where they were Lucifer.

Eric Harris wrote:
YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!!? --- When there is a group of assholes standing in the middle of a hallway or walkway, and they are just STANDING there talking and blocking my fucking way!!!! Get the fuck outa the way or I’ll bring a friggin sawed-off shotgun in your house and blow your snotty ass head off!!

On that day, everyone who saw him got the "fuck outa" his way.

Eric was laughing:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(So was Dylan.)

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." (Dredd never said this, either. But who cares?)

Eric was unlike Dredd in some ways ... he did not try to kill the judge who sentenced him:

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83832
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Eric (and Dylan) Dredd   Eric (and Dylan) Dredd Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 5:41 am

Quote :
rich mother fucking high strung godlike attitude having

a bit hypocritical if I do say so myself

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97892
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Eric (and Dylan) Dredd   Eric (and Dylan) Dredd Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 4:12 pm

I think you have something ehre in the sense that Eric and Dylan spoke with and used a lot of 90s "violence-culture-references" so to speak. I'm not sure if he was making a conscious reference to dredd with the "I am the law" comment, but its possible. Certainly the whole macho popculture act "Duke&Doom mixed togeather" was amongs the most silly and childish stuff Eric wrote about.

eli27 wrote:
Quote :
rich mother fucking high strung godlike attitude having

a bit hypocritical if I do say so myself

That's Eric for you! Its just so like him...

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric (and Dylan) Dredd   Eric (and Dylan) Dredd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric (and Dylan) Dredd
Page 1 of 1