Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You knew I couldn't leave this alone

Go down 
+6
LPorter101
radaddio
Sabratha
Nirvana92
browneyes11
Yumeko-chan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Yumeko-chan

Contribution Points : 105340
Forum Reputation : 102

You knew I couldn't leave this alone Empty
PostSubject: You knew I couldn't leave this alone   You knew I couldn't leave this alone Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 1:55 pm

Like and share if you would. I HAD to say something:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 84619
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: You knew I couldn't leave this alone   You knew I couldn't leave this alone Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 2:21 pm

That is messed up. Glad you said something

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83189
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: You knew I couldn't leave this alone   You knew I couldn't leave this alone Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 7:47 pm

I'm so glad you said something. When I saw that on the news it made me sick. Not only are Christians STILL trying to push the Cassie Bernall story, but they're using it to glorify discrimination. Its diagusting that the same people who tried to make E and D out to be hateful bigots are now using one of their victims to promote a form of social bigotry.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97565
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: You knew I couldn't leave this alone   You knew I couldn't leave this alone Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 8:21 am

Thanks for posting on the forums Yumeko, first of all glad to see you are active and well.

I'm not thrilled by people propagating all the various: "Do you believe in God?" myths, but I do need to stress that I'm not an american citizen and thus feel it wouldn't be proper for me to publically get involved in candidate debates from other countries.

What I can and will do is comment on the CSH side of teh story and stress that by all evidence, including witness accounts Cassie was not asked any questions at all, and that Val was asked the question but never shot after replying.

If Mr. Santorum does not know very much about the CHS shooting, then perhaps he should not talk about it, or educate himself about the facts before doing so. That's my 2 cents - again, not a US citizen.

I firmly believe the US citizens should make the choiuce between candidates, but they should be made aware taht the story Santorum presents does not adhere to the established facts and witness accounts.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 83390
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: You knew I couldn't leave this alone   You knew I couldn't leave this alone Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 9:38 am

You should feel free to comment on some of our candidates Sabratha, because they're really bad this year : (

We have Donald Trump, who is a horrible, proudly ignorant racist who is really quite bad at business despite what he says.

The other front runner, Hillary Clinton, is a manipulative career politician who has been rightly called out on destroying evidence and her corporate voting history.

Seriously, America can do better...

Back to the subject, the Evangelical Christian movement had a really great thing with their version of the Cassie Bernall story. It was a gory, tragic event that never even played out in the way they keep propagating. But, it drove people to church, and to buy a lot of books. It's still terrible and wrong to profit from it, and worse still to keep false events alive after all these years.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150615
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: You knew I couldn't leave this alone   You knew I couldn't leave this alone Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 11:13 pm

Right on, Yumeko.

Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: You knew I couldn't leave this alone   You knew I couldn't leave this alone Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 11:50 am

Soooo Dave Cullen himself commented on the video about half an hour ago haha
Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 83390
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: You knew I couldn't leave this alone   You knew I couldn't leave this alone Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 11:56 am

Wow! See if you can get him to comment here!
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: You knew I couldn't leave this alone   You knew I couldn't leave this alone Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 12:38 pm

Yumeko-chan wrote:

Oh, what did he say?

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97993
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: You knew I couldn't leave this alone   You knew I couldn't leave this alone Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 12:57 pm

Is he signed up to your YouTube videos?

If not, perhaps this shows he does indeed visit this forum and LPorter's posts are not falling on deaf ears!

Edit - no it seems he got it off a cbs local news article.

Last edited by Radioactive_Clothing on Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: You knew I couldn't leave this alone   You knew I couldn't leave this alone Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 1:13 pm

Sabratha wrote:
Yumeko-chan wrote:

Oh, what did he say?

He basically promoted a column he wrote the night of the debate addressing this same issue, and apologized for it "still stinging." Well, YEAH...
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: You knew I couldn't leave this alone   You knew I couldn't leave this alone Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 5:49 pm

Well, a couple news websites and blogs are starting to pick up on it now. You should be able to Google my name and "Santorum" and they'll come up.
Back to top Go down
Archvile

Archvile

Contribution Points : 79711
Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: You knew I couldn't leave this alone   You knew I couldn't leave this alone Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 7:37 pm

I am absolutely appalled by this, he seems to think that enough time has passed that he can now use Columbine's tragedy to help get his point across and that because it was a long time ago, nobody would get affected by it, this really makes me sick. It is even more insulting that he targeted a specific person who is no longer here and a situation which never even occurred.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102163
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: You knew I couldn't leave this alone   You knew I couldn't leave this alone Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 6:28 pm

Great video Amanda.
Back to top Go down
Gonz

Gonz

Contribution Points : 84965
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: You knew I couldn't leave this alone   You knew I couldn't leave this alone Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 5:21 am

So, the Scotts or whoever is behind that "Not Ashamed" movie tried to use this to promote the film. Pathetic.

I'm Not Ashamed wrote:
Rachel was just mentioned in the republican primary debate by @ricksantorum as a hero. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It seems like they have edited the post, but you still can see the original one clicking on the "Edited" link.
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

PostSubject: Re: You knew I couldn't leave this alone   You knew I couldn't leave this alone Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 10:33 am

That's kinda stretching it, methinks. He didn't say it was Rachel specifically (most everybody believes he was referring to Cassie), plus they weren't even offended at the comparison to Davis (no matter which victim he was referring to)?!
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: You knew I couldn't leave this alone   You knew I couldn't leave this alone Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 7:11 am

Supposedly its not the first time big politicians were using the shooting in some debate or other:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You knew I couldn't leave this alone   You knew I couldn't leave this alone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You knew I couldn't leave this alone
Page 1 of 1