Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting?

Go down 
+3
Laeda
Jenn
MarmaladeSkies
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MarmaladeSkies

Contribution Points : 100641
Forum Reputation : 0

Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting? Empty
PostSubject: Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting?   Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting? Icon_minitimeSun 7 Apr 2013 - 9:01

I stumbled across this recently and was surprised. I've never heard of this taking place.

Quote :
A few doors down is Josh Lapp, 16, another library survivor. He hid under a table, covering a girl, an old friend. She began crying. He hushed her, said any noise would draw the attention of the kids with guns. Lapp saw Klebold, the boy who never had a toy gun, shoot and kill Dan Mauser, 15, who was cowering under a table just behind Lapp. He then saw Klebold pull a knife out of his boot, hold it over the dead boy, and yell, "You know what I've always wanted to do is kill someone with a knife!"

Considering Harris was the one that actually shot Daniel Mauser, does this story hold any validity?

Besides the infamous "maybe we should start knifing people" comment, I've never heard of either E or D mentioning or using their knives during the shooting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting?   Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting? Icon_minitimeSun 7 Apr 2013 - 9:03

Nope, it was all just talk.

Knifing people would have been a lot more dangerous though, and with a police presence outside it could have just been braggodocio or just threatening the people around them..
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting?   Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting? Icon_minitimeSun 7 Apr 2013 - 9:15

According to a witness, they talked about 'knifing' people, but they never actually did or pulled out any knives.

Back to top Go down
Laeda

Contribution Points : 100781

PostSubject: Re: Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting?   Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting? Icon_minitimeSun 7 Apr 2013 - 18:11

I've never heard of them using the knives except for than 'knifing people' comment, too

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting?   Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting? Icon_minitimeMon 8 Apr 2013 - 1:51

000019 - Austin said he then heard a male subject, elsewhere in the library, ask Dylan and Eric
what they were doing. Dylan responded, "Killing people!" and told the male subject to get out and he heard running from the room. Then, Austin said he heard one of the subjects say something about doing something he has always wanted to do and he took a knife out of a side pocket on his pant leg. Austin believed they were going to go cut someone. Austin said someone said they left and they all got up and ran from the library, outside.

000029 - Austin Eubanks stated he did remember a short time later hearing Dylan Klebold state, "something about a knife and something he always wanted to do." Austin Eubanks stated it was his "impression he (referring to Dylan Klebold) was talking about cutting or stabbing someone." Austin Eubanks pointed out at no time during this incident did he see Dylan Klebold in possession of a knife. Austin Eubanks speculated Dylan Klebold must have made that statement somewhere near table 14, otherwise he would not have been able to hear the comment.

000152 - He then heard one of the suspects say, "I always wanted to do this" and then he heard them mention something about a knife.

000159 - One suspect said, "Let me see your knife, I've always wanted to do this." Steepleton stated when he heard the comment, he thought the suspect was cutting up a dead person, because he heard no screaming after the statement. He then heard one of the suspects say, "Oh, that's gross." The two suspects then laughed. Steepleton could not say which suspects made which comment.

000275 - Peter Ball stated it was also during this same time frame, he heard one of the suspects make reference to "using a knife on someone." Peter Ball stated he did not hear any additional conversation concerning that point.

000349 - Andrew said that one of the shooters "may" have then said something about wanting to "cut someone" with a knife. Andrew said that he was "not sure" that he did in fact hear this, and that this may have been something told to him by another student later on.

000374 - Jessica Holliday went on to state it seemed as though Eric Harris was also standing very near her table during which time, she heard him state "I need to cut 'em, I've never done that, that'a be fun." Jessica Holliday stated she was certain Eric Harris had made reference to using his knife, indicating he had never cut someone before and was also certain he pointed out it would be "fun." Jessica Holliday clarified to 10 she could not remember exactly the words used by Eric Harris when he made that statement. IO did confirm with Jessica Holliday, she was certain it was Eric Harris who made the above statement. Again, that observation was based on her prior knowledge and association with Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris.

000384 - She heard the suspects act as though celebrating while shooting saying things like, "yeah" and "yahoo." The suspects were then by their table and asked the student under the table across and down form there's, "Who's under there?" The student answered, "John." Suspect said, "John who?" The student said, "John Savage." She said the suspect said, "We like you, you can go." She saw the student's feet running out and heard the student say, "Thank you, thank you." As the suspects walked by the table they were under, they pushed a chair in which hit her in the head. She said that one suspect said he was, "outta shells." She heard the other say that he, "dropped a clip." She said one of the suspects then said that he always wanted to kill people with a knife.

000410 - Houy then remembers hearing Klebold make a comment about a knife. Klebold said he "always wanted to kill somebody with a knife." This comment was made in the back section of the center portion of the library. This statement was made just before Harris made a comment about needing to reload.

000460 - Approximately half way through the time the gunmen were in the Library, Byron Kirkland heard one of the gunmen state "I've wanted to kill someone with a knife." He heard the gunman state this and saw one of them reach down his leg to grab a knife that was on his ankle. He could not specifically remember where the gunman was standing when he made the statement, but thought it was near the area of table #19. After making the statement and reaching for the knife, the gunman walked back toward the center area of the Library.

000471 - Athena Lagos did report the next voice she did hear was, in fact, Dylan Klebold. Athena Lagos stated while both the suspects were still located near table #13, she heard Dylan Klebold comment to the other suspect words to the effect of "use your knife." Athena Lagos heard the other suspect respond, "I've always wanted to do this, this is so much fun." Athena Lagos stated she was not certain whether the other suspect was making mention of using his knife on a victim or if he was simply referring to enjoying what was occurring.

000477 - LAPP heard KLEBOLD say, "I've always wanted to kill someone with a knife " LAPP was unsure if KLEBOLD actually produced or used a knife.

000481-000482 - Harris and the second gunman then walked around table #9 near the bookcases. The second gunman at that point made a statement to the effect of, "I Always wanted to kill somebody with a knife." He then reached down like he was reaching for a knife on his boot. Lapp described this gunman as wearing a Boston Red Sox's hat backwards, with black pants and boots. He was a very tall white male, approximately 6'3" or 6' 4", with long curly dirty blond hair. His hair was a little more brown than blond. He had a bowie knife on his left thigh that was very large. He was carrying a shotgun and an assault rifle that looked like an M-16 or AK-47. Lapp believed this individual to be Dylan Klebold.

000489 - There was a boy under that table, Daniel Mauser, Eric shot him once then Daniel started to push the chairs at him and tried to grab his legs Eric then shot again, and after that Daniel didn't move again. Dylan then walked over to Eric and asked him if he was jumping at you. Dylan then said " Hey, you know what I've wanted to do, is kill someone with a knife." At that time Dylan and Eric walked by, but not without making eye contact with me. At that time they walked behind the librarian's desk and Eric started to go in the hall and Dylan said "Wait there's one more thing " He then picked up the chair and slammed it on the desk, they then walked out.

000548 - at some point after the suspects had left the west side of the library, she remembered hearing one of them state, "there's something I've always wanted to do" and then made reference to "cutting or stabbing. " Stephanie Salmon stated she specifically heard one of the suspects making reference to a "knife" during the above discussion.

000549 - Stephanie Salmon again made reference to the comment involving the "knife." Stephanie Salmon told IO even though she did not know exactly when the above statement was made, she was certain there were shots and screams which proceeded it, followed by more shots and screams after.

000580 - During about the time Scott looked at Shoels and Kechter, he remembers hearing a gunman state, "I wonder what's it like to use a knife on someone". The gunmen was very close by, but Scott could give no direction. After the knife comment the Library got quiet and Scott could hear gunfire coming from the hallway outside of the Library.

000904 - I heard a story from one girl who said that one of them pulled out a knife and said "I have always wanted to kill someone with a knife " Then he put it away for some reason. I have a feeling it was Eric who said this.

004992 - The Mind & Motives of Charles Manson by Dylan dated 11-03-98 Tex then came in, stabbed her to death He then handed a knife to Van Houten, who then stabbed Rosemary' in the back fifteen times. Pat then went out to the dead body of Leno. She took a fork, and stabbed him on the stomach multiple times, and finally left the fork in him.

010227 - Eric's Bedroom - Manufacturer's box for a large survival type knife on a windowsill.

010375-010376 - Klebold also mentioned Brandon Larson and his head being on his knife.

010379 - Eric then pulls a box from within the closet, within his room, and states that this is his knife and pulls it out and states that he paid $15 for it. The knife is in a black sheath. He then states there is a "Swastika" on it. The camera zooms in where you can see what appears to be a Swastika carved into the sheath.

010467 Story by Dylan dated early Feb 1999 - Behind the conversations & noises of the town, not a sound was to be heard from him, except the dark, monotonous footsteps, combined with the jingling of his belt chains striking not only the two visible guns in their holsters, but the large bowie knife, slung in anticipation of use ..... He then emptied the clip into two more of the preps. Then, instead of reloading &. finishing the task, he set down the guns, and pulled out the knife. The blade loomed huge, even in his large grip. I now noticed that one of two still alive was the smallest of the band, who had now wet his pants, and was hyperventilating in fear. The other one tried to lunge at the man, hoping that his football tackling skills would save his life. The man sidestepped, and made two lunging slashes at him. I saw a small trickle of blood cascade out of his belly and splashing onto the concrete. His head wound was almost as bad, as the shadow formed by the bar's lighting showed blood dripping off his face.

010511-010512 - When asked about guns, the Klebold's indicated that Dylan did have a BB gun when he was 10 to 11 years old, Dylan also had a hunting knife and he once had throwing knives when he was a child.

Last edited by sororityalpha on Mon 8 Apr 2013 - 3:09; edited 3 times in total

NEXT STEP UP and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting?   Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting? Icon_minitimeMon 8 Apr 2013 - 3:00

JCSO #1076/CBI #340 - Eric's right front pocket: black folding knife w/ black sheath

JCSO #1077/CBI #341 - Eric's left boot: blk dagger-type knife w/ 2 spikes w/nylon blk sheath

JCSO #1078/CBI #342 - Eric's right boot: knife w/ 12 1/4" blade with metallic knuckles [curved "Pakistan"] w/blk leather sheath

JCSO #1079/CBI #343 - Dylan's left hip: lg handled knife w/ blk leather sheath

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting?   Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting? Icon_minitimeMon 8 Apr 2013 - 3:07

Awesome posts. Thank you for that.

Back to top Go down
MarmaladeSkies

Contribution Points : 100641

PostSubject: Re: Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting?   Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting? Icon_minitimeMon 8 Apr 2013 - 3:50

sororityalpha wrote:
JCSO #1076/CBI #340 - Eric's right front pocket: black folding knife w/ black sheath

JCSO #1077/CBI #341 - Eric's left boot: blk dagger-type knife w/ 2 spikes w/nylon blk sheath

JCSO #1078/CBI #342 - Eric's right boot: knife w/ 12 1/4" blade with metallic knuckles [curved "Pakistan"] w/blk leather sheath

JCSO #1079/CBI #343 - Dylan's left hip: lg handled knife w/ blk leather sheath

So it was impossible for Dylan to pull a knife out of his boot when he didn't have one there to begin with.

Interesting how Eric brought three knives. Did he really think he would need that many? Or maybe the cinematic element it would have when they found the amount of weapons on his person?

I think it's fair to say though that someone DID make the comment: I've always wanted to kill someone with a knife. That statement comes up many times.

But who really said it? Most witnesses report Dylan yet they claim he grabbed one from his boot. Maybe he was simply tying his boots?
Back to top Go down
rik75

Contribution Points : 96318
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting?   Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting? Icon_minitimeWed 6 Nov 2013 - 4:10

sororityalpha wrote:
000019 - Austin said he then heard a male subject, elsewhere in the library, ask Dylan and Eric
what they were doing. Dylan responded, "Killing people!" and told the male subject to get out and he heard running from the room. Then, Austin said he heard one of the subjects say something about doing something he has always wanted to do and he took a knife out of a side pocket on his pant leg. Austin believed they were going to go cut someone. Austin said someone said they left and they all got up and ran from the library, outside.

000029 - Austin Eubanks stated he did remember a short time later hearing Dylan Klebold state, "something about a knife and something he always wanted to do." Austin Eubanks stated it was his "impression he (referring to Dylan Klebold) was talking about cutting or stabbing someone." Austin Eubanks pointed out at no time during this incident did he see Dylan Klebold in possession of a knife. Austin Eubanks speculated Dylan Klebold must have made that statement somewhere near table 14, otherwise he would not have been able to hear the comment.

000152 - He then heard one of the suspects say, "I always wanted to do this" and then he heard them mention something about a knife.

000159 - One suspect said, "Let me see your knife, I've always wanted to do this." Steepleton stated when he heard the comment, he thought the suspect was cutting up a dead person, because he heard no screaming after the statement. He then heard one of the suspects say, "Oh, that's gross." The two suspects then laughed. Steepleton could not say which suspects made which comment.

000275 - Peter Ball stated it was also during this same time frame, he heard one of the suspects make reference to "using a knife on someone." Peter Ball stated he did not hear any additional conversation concerning that point.

000349 - Andrew said that one of the shooters "may" have then said something about wanting to "cut someone" with a knife. Andrew said that he was "not sure" that he did in fact hear this, and that this may have been something told to him by another student later on.

000374 - Jessica Holliday went on to state it seemed as though Eric Harris was also standing very near her table during which time, she heard him state "I need to cut 'em, I've never done that, that'a be fun." Jessica Holliday stated she was certain Eric Harris had made reference to using his knife, indicating he had never cut someone before and was also certain he pointed out it would be "fun." Jessica Holliday clarified to 10 she could not remember exactly the words used by Eric Harris when he made that statement. IO did confirm with Jessica Holliday, she was certain it was Eric Harris who made the above statement. Again, that observation was based on her prior knowledge and association with Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris.

000384 - She heard the suspects act as though celebrating while shooting saying things like, "yeah" and "yahoo." The suspects were then by their table and asked the student under the table across and down form there's, "Who's under there?" The student answered, "John." Suspect said, "John who?" The student said, "John Savage." She said the suspect said, "We like you, you can go." She saw the student's feet running out and heard the student say, "Thank you, thank you." As the suspects walked by the table they were under, they pushed a chair in which hit her in the head. She said that one suspect said he was, "outta shells." She heard the other say that he, "dropped a clip." She said one of the suspects then said that he always wanted to kill people with a knife.

000410 - Houy then remembers hearing Klebold make a comment about a knife. Klebold said he "always wanted to kill somebody with a knife." This comment was made in the back section of the center portion of the library. This statement was made just before Harris made a comment about needing to reload.

000460 - Approximately half way through the time the gunmen were in the Library, Byron Kirkland heard one of the gunmen state "I've wanted to kill someone with a knife." He heard the gunman state this and saw one of them reach down his leg to grab a knife that was on his ankle. He could not specifically remember where the gunman was standing when he made the statement, but thought it was near the area of table #19. After making the statement and reaching for the knife, the gunman walked back toward the center area of the Library.

000471 - Athena Lagos did report the next voice she did hear was, in fact, Dylan Klebold. Athena Lagos stated while both the suspects were still located near table #13, she heard Dylan Klebold comment to the other suspect words to the effect of "use your knife." Athena Lagos heard the other suspect respond, "I've always wanted to do this, this is so much fun." Athena Lagos stated she was not certain whether the other suspect was making mention of using his knife on a victim or if he was simply referring to enjoying what was occurring.

000477 - LAPP heard KLEBOLD say, "I've always wanted to kill someone with a knife " LAPP was unsure if KLEBOLD actually produced or used a knife.

000481-000482 - Harris and the second gunman then walked around table #9 near the bookcases. The second gunman at that point made a statement to the effect of, "I Always wanted to kill somebody with a knife." He then reached down like he was reaching for a knife on his boot. Lapp described this gunman as wearing a Boston Red Sox's hat backwards, with black pants and boots. He was a very tall white male, approximately 6'3" or 6' 4", with long curly dirty blond hair. His hair was a little more brown than blond. He had a bowie knife on his left thigh that was very large. He was carrying a shotgun and an assault rifle that looked like an M-16 or AK-47. Lapp believed this individual to be Dylan Klebold.

000489 - There was a boy under that table, Daniel Mauser, Eric shot him once then Daniel started to push the chairs at him and tried to grab his legs Eric then shot again, and after that Daniel didn't move again. Dylan then walked over to Eric and asked him if he was jumping at you. Dylan then said " Hey, you know what I've wanted to do, is kill someone with a knife." At that time Dylan and Eric walked by, but not without making eye contact with me. At that time they walked behind the librarian's desk and Eric started to go in the hall and Dylan said "Wait there's one more thing " He then picked up the chair and slammed it on the desk, they then walked out.

000548 - at some point after the suspects had left the west side of the library, she remembered hearing one of them state, "there's something I've always wanted to do" and then made reference to "cutting or stabbing. " Stephanie Salmon stated she specifically heard one of the suspects making reference to a "knife" during the above discussion.

000549 - Stephanie Salmon again made reference to the comment involving the "knife." Stephanie Salmon told IO even though she did not know exactly when the above  statement was made, she was certain there were shots and screams which proceeded it, followed by more shots and screams after.

000580 - During about the time Scott looked at Shoels and Kechter, he remembers hearing a gunman state, "I wonder what's it like to use a knife on someone". The gunmen was very close by, but Scott could give no direction. After the knife comment the Library got quiet and Scott could hear gunfire coming from the hallway outside of the Library.

000904 - I heard a story from one girl who said that one of them pulled out a knife and said "I have always wanted to kill someone with a knife " Then he put it away for some reason. I have a feeling it was Eric who said this.

004992 - The Mind & Motives of Charles Manson by Dylan dated 11-03-98 Tex then came in, stabbed her to death He then handed a knife to Van Houten, who then stabbed Rosemary' in the back fifteen times. Pat then went out to the dead body of Leno. She took a fork, and stabbed him on the stomach multiple times, and finally left the fork in him.

010227 - Eric's Bedroom - Manufacturer's box for a large survival type knife on a windowsill.

010375-010376 - Klebold also mentioned Brandon Larson and his head being on his knife.

010379 - Eric then pulls a box from within the closet, within his room, and states that this is his knife and pulls it out and states that he paid $15 for it. The knife is in a black sheath. He then states there is a "Swastika" on it. The camera zooms in where you can see what appears to be a Swastika carved into the sheath.

010467 Story by Dylan dated early Feb 1999 - Behind the conversations & noises of the town, not a sound was to be heard from him, except the dark, monotonous footsteps, combined with the jingling of his belt chains striking not only the two visible guns in their holsters, but the large bowie knife, slung in anticipation of use ..... He then emptied the clip into two more of the preps. Then, instead of reloading &. finishing the task, he set down the guns, and pulled out the knife. The blade loomed huge, even in his large grip. I now noticed that one of two still alive was the smallest of the band, who had now wet his pants, and was hyperventilating in fear. The other one tried to lunge at the man, hoping that his football tackling skills would save his life. The man sidestepped, and made two lunging slashes at him. I saw a small trickle of blood cascade out of his belly and splashing onto the concrete. His head wound was almost as bad, as the shadow formed by the bar's lighting showed blood dripping off his face.

010511-010512 - When asked about guns, the Klebold's indicated that Dylan did have a BB gun when he was 10 to 11 years old, Dylan also had a hunting knife and he once had throwing knives when he was a child.

The Steepleton statement does sound like E or D were cutting a dead or unconscious person. But who??
Back to top Go down
meenwhile

Contribution Points : 82611

PostSubject: Re: Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting?   Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting? Icon_minitimeFri 27 Mar 2015 - 3:48

Mad

Last edited by meenwhile on Tue 1 Sep 2015 - 6:11; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding info)
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 95816
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting?   Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting? Icon_minitimeFri 27 Mar 2015 - 7:39

It sounds to me that Corey got those injuries as he went unconscious and fell over. There had to be a few things around him that could have done it like book edges, edges of the table , stuffed book bags, anything. I think if anyone was purposely cut, it would have come out by now. Just my opinion.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting?   Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did either of the boys pull out their knives during the shooting?
Page 1 of 1