Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Knives

Go down 
+3
QuestionMark
milkwood
ChaotixBoy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ChaotixBoy

ChaotixBoy

Contribution Points : 68092
Forum Reputation : 0

Knives Empty
PostSubject: Knives   Knives Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 3:19 pm

Anyone have a theory on why they didn't use their knives at all? They had 4 each. Do you think Eric and Dylan thought they might have needed them or did they just add the knives to their outfit to look more "badass?" I started wondering about it because Eric said he had no bullets left in a gun in the library after killing a bunch of people, then Dylan said, "Maybe we should start knifing people. That'd be more fun." So why didn't they start knifing people? In my opinion, they didn't knife anyone because the killing people up close was affecting them mentally so knifing people would have just been impossible for them to take at that point? What are your guy's thoughts?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
milkwood

Contribution Points : 64981

Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knives   Knives Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 4:20 pm

I'd agree with that. They went into the massacre focused and motivated with guns blazing, but once the bombs didn't go off and they'd cornered their killing in the library they lost a lot of their 'buzz', for lack of a better word. The 'fun' had already worn off (or was quickly wearing off) by the time they suggested using the knives, most probably. Whilst they did shoot some students up close, I feel that the act of attacking someone with a knife is *so* much more personal and invasive.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 122628
Forum Reputation : 3191

Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knives   Knives Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 8:20 pm

I think they were exhausted from the killings. Knifing would expand energy that they didn't have.

Jbow89

Contribution Points : 77235

Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knives   Knives Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 12:01 am

Knifing people is a lot harder than shooting people. Having a gun in their hands gave them power over their victims, E/D were not big strong guys and it would have given their victims a better chance at fighting back.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
23september

Contribution Points : 68590
Forum Reputation : 100

Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knives   Knives Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 9:58 am

milkwood wrote:
I'd agree with that. They went into the massacre focused and motivated with guns blazing, but once the bombs didn't go off and they'd cornered their killing in the library they lost a lot of their 'buzz', for lack of a better word. The 'fun' had already worn off (or was quickly wearing off) by the time they suggested using the knives, most probably. Whilst they did shoot some students up close, I feel that the act of attacking someone with a knife is *so* much more personal and invasive.

Do you think the knifes were just props then? Do you think they would've knifed people in the beginning if the perfect opportunity presented itself?
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 62390
Forum Reputation : 25

Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knives   Knives Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 6:42 pm

Just another thing they fucked up on. Bombs didn't work, not a single person on either hit list was killed, they also brought in 4 knives and didn't even open one of them.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 122628
Forum Reputation : 3191

Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knives   Knives Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 1:27 am

23september wrote:
milkwood wrote:

Do you think the knifes were just props then? Do you think they would've knifed people in the beginning if the perfect opportunity presented itself?

IMO the knives were just for show.

MalonsMilk

MalonsMilk

Contribution Points : 61533

Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knives   Knives Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 2:01 am

I think before the day they were probably thinking that they would use them. Probably stab a few people as they ran from the bomb explosion - pure fantasy really. On the day I think reality set in that a) guns were so much easier to use b) they didn't actually have the ability to use them - their victims were cornered and I think an earlier poster was right, they were tired and had lost their buzz.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knives   Knives Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Knives
Page 1 of 1