Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Supporter = fangirl?

Go down 
+6
Rebdomine
eli27
sororityalpha
Jenn
CaptainMidnight
LPorter101
10 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 157199
Forum Reputation : 2814

Supporter = fangirl? Empty
PostSubject: Supporter = fangirl?   Supporter = fangirl? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 9:44 pm

Okay, here's something I've always wanted to know:

Is there any qualitative difference between a supporter and a fangirl?

I'm neither. I'm a "researcher," I guess. I believe that Eric and Dylan's crimes were monstrous and unforgivable. I mourn the boys who might have grown into men who could have done something good with their lives, not the boys who murdered their classmates in cold blood.

But, at the same time, I am fascinated by their crimes, and obsessed with uncovering their motives. I want to know what drove them to kill.

I would be lying if I said I think about the victims and the survivors nearly as much as I do the perpetrators. (I feel somewhat guilty about this.) I have nothing but respect and sympathy for them and their families. But Eric and Dylan are the ones who hold most of my interest. (One survivor whose story does stick in my mind is Patrick Ireland.)

CaptainMidnight

Contribution Points : 84897
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Supporter = fangirl?   Supporter = fangirl? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 11:16 pm

fangirls are brainless supporters.pretty much that.

I'll take your brain to another dimension
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 123252
Forum Reputation : 1024

PostSubject: Re: Supporter = fangirl?   Supporter = fangirl? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 1:46 am

Supporter? Supporter of what? You mean like the people who support or stick up for what they did? Then yea, wouldn't that be a fan?

I think most of us are more interested in Dylan and Eric than the victims. I don't think that makes us supporters or fans though. With the victims, most of them had pretty normal lives. They were normal kids but unfortunately were murdered. There's not much there to research or read about. With Dylan and Eric, there are so many questions and so we start digging around to find any answers we can.

Also I think it's just human nature to be interested in crimes and the people who commit them. How you go about it though is a whole other thing. When you're just interested in finding out the facts and details of the case and the perpetrator/s. That's on thing and completely normal. Even if you can relate to the boys and can understand what they went through and what may have drove them to murder their classmates. That's understandable too. But when you have these crazies who go around claiming these two are Gods and that the victims deserved it. Well then you've got some serious problems if you 'support' what they did.

And most of these 'fans' don't know shit about the case. They don't actually research it or read about it. They watch a few videos on Youtube of Dylan and Eric pretending to shoot up their school and then they're in love with them. But when asked actual questions about it, they know very little or nothing at all.

I had this one obsessed Dylan fan arguing with me on the Facebook page before. I posted a picture of Dylan at his Mother's 50th Birthday party and mentioned how it was just weeks before the shooting. Well this fan comes along calling me an idiot and whatnot, saying that his Mom's birthday is in March (which isn't anywhere near the date of the shooting) and that she could tell by Dylan's hair that the photo was taken the year prior, when Dylan was 16. Well, if this 'fan' would have done their research, then they would've known that the photo was indeed just a few weeks before the massacre.

It took me about 2 seconds to show proof that this photo was taken in 1999. Not only do a lot of them know nothing about the case but they also don't know much about the boys they claim they're 'in love' with.

Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 128759
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Supporter = fangirl?   Supporter = fangirl? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 2:46 am

This one

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 87932
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Supporter = fangirl?   Supporter = fangirl? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 3:19 am

I guess a fangirl is just sort of a more 'hardcore' supporter.

Also, I too think much less about the victims. I don't feel guilty though, it's just that they didn't do what E&D did. People dying doesn't interest me (no disrespect meant), it happens everyday. But crime (particularly more severe and unusual), and the minds of those who commit it, that is what I find interesting.

Contribution Points : 79971
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Supporter = fangirl?   Supporter = fangirl? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:45 am

I agree with Jenn. There are so many of them on Tumblr too. I try and correct them when they post incorrect "facts" and they get all snippy with me. I bet not a single one of them have ever even looked at the 11k report!

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 100916
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Supporter = fangirl?   Supporter = fangirl? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 11:22 pm

CaptainMidnight wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
I think you are generalizing too much Captain.Those of us who have a devotion to E &D are from many different walks of life .I've talked to a lot of other Columbiners over the years and I haven't met many who I'd call brainless.Just the opposite actually.
We are looked down on and get a bad rap because a lot of people are offended by others having anything but hatred and disdain for anyone who has killed but we are not a bad group of people overall.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight

Contribution Points : 84897
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Supporter = fangirl?   Supporter = fangirl? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 12:19 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
CaptainMidnight wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
I think you are generalizing too much Captain.Those of us who have a devotion to E &D are from many different walks of life .I've talked to a lot of other Columbiners over the years and I haven't met many who I'd call brainless.Just the opposite actually.
We are looked down on and get a bad rap because a lot of people are offended by others having anything but hatred and disdain for anyone who has killed but we are not a bad group of people overall.

I understand what you're saying,and agree.
I made a poor choice of words.
My point is,the word 'fangirl' as used in this thread describes a girl(or boy in some cases) who cheers,loves,and idolizes E&D.

I respect them,have sympathy for them,and relate to them in many things,but the fangirls I'm talking about are the ones really confused about what they feel,and morphs Columbine into a romantic comedy scenario which by no means represents what really happened in Littleton,and I'm not even talking about NBK,but the city's atmosphere in general.

I'll take your brain to another dimension
Back to top Go down
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

Contribution Points : 70235
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Supporter = fangirl?   Supporter = fangirl? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:58 pm

Well, I'm not a supporter of what they did because it was wrong nor am I a fangirl, because they aren't celebrities or rock stars. No matter why they did what they did, they're murderers. I do however say though that had I been at CHS when Eric was, oh I would have been all over him, because I thought he was hot and he attracted me. Dylan too but I don't think Dylan would have liked me. Sad That's all for my POV. I do also, feel sorry for Eric and Dylan because they didn't have to do what they did had someone or people helped them and listened to them, like Marilyn Manson said, and no one did.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 197676
Forum Reputation : 1327

PostSubject: Re: Supporter = fangirl?   Supporter = fangirl? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 10:56 pm

It's an interesting perspective. I've been open about me... I was one of the founding members of the yahoo groups back in the day (I was 17) we tried back then to look at the whole 15 people died not 13.. we raised money for the victims families and anyone who condoned was shunned and yes:. I did talk to Brenda... I took a long time away from the case too

I think it's ok to acknowledge attraction because it just shows you anyone can do horrible things. Fan girl to me is condoning. I've also worked in an industry where I had to keep sci fi fangirls at bay

I still find it amazing they still have them after all these years lol

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 33903
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Supporter = fangirl?   Supporter = fangirl? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2022 6:13 am

They're both very wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supporter = fangirl?   Supporter = fangirl? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Supporter = fangirl?
Page 1 of 1