Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire in the cafeteria

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97993
Forum Reputation : 154

Fire in the cafeteria Empty
PostSubject: Fire in the cafeteria   Fire in the cafeteria Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 1:47 am

I was thinking about when Eric & Dylan went down to the cafeteria to try and set off the bombs once they'd done in the library....

They started shooting at the bags to try and make them blow, and all they managed was a small fire.

I wonder if it occurred to them to perhaps head to the science labs to try and find some stuff in there that would help start a raging inferno they hoped for. I'm not suggesting that something in there could have made the bombs blow, but surely there would be some sort of chemicals or whatever that would make the fire more wild and not as easily extinguished as the one they made happen?

I don't know, I could be way off the mark here - I'm not sure what high school labs have in them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the cafeteria   Fire in the cafeteria Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 6:54 am

It probably depends on the school, but it's highly likely there was at least enough to make the fire more wild.

Maybe it occurred to them, but it's more likely they were focused on suicide at that point. Surely they didn't expect to survive setting the bombs off?
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105388
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the cafeteria   Fire in the cafeteria Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 8:10 am

Off topic, but I always thought an unconscious Patrick Ireland was the only one left in the library to possibly witness their suicides, but from Sue's book it says Lisa Kreutz was also. Has she come forward and said she heard E & D say another, or the gun shots of their suicides or anything?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the cafeteria   Fire in the cafeteria Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 9:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] In her interview, she says she thinks she heard someone say "you, in the library..." after they reentered. She is also the one who heard one asking the other if he was still with him upon entering the library the first time.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97993
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the cafeteria   Fire in the cafeteria Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 10:35 am

switch3650 wrote:
It probably depends on the school, but it's highly likely there was at least enough to make the fire more wild.

Maybe it occurred to them, but it's more likely they were focused on suicide at that point. Surely they didn't expect to survive setting the bombs off?

Yeah I mean after they realised the bombs weren't going to go off. Their dream was to watch the school burn. Perhaps the science labs would have been the place to go to try and cause some devastation there rather than back to the library.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102163
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the cafeteria   Fire in the cafeteria Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 7:09 pm

[Daniel] Grange did not see the gunmen, but thinks that at some time they did go into one of the science classrooms east of where he was and tried to start a fire by turning on the gas and throwing a bomb (003174).

Joyce Jankowski told me that she heard a "loud explosion" that she thought might have been a shotgun, and then said that she could hear the gas escaping from the stove in the kitchen (000219).
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105388
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the cafeteria   Fire in the cafeteria Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 10:30 pm

switch3650 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] In her interview, she says she thinks she heard someone say "you, in the library..." after they reentered. She is also the one who heard one asking the other if he was still with him upon entering the library the first time.

I would think the "still with me" comment would be right before they killed themselves.
I figured the adrenaline must of wore off and the reality that they have to kill themselves was right there.
They both wanted to die, but when the adrenaline is pumping, it makes for a whole different scenario.
The last few minutes of their lives for some reason catches my major interest. I wish someone saw or heard them, but with the fire alarm blaring I guess its hard to even know what she heard.
Back to top Go down
Jbow89

Contribution Points : 74960
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the cafeteria   Fire in the cafeteria Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 11:55 pm

They also could have carried a small container of gas each and poured it over books and light them on fire... They easily could have burned the library.

I've spent so much time trying to figure out why they didn't kill more people (as morbid as that sounds) when they first entered the library there were 50 people but E/D killed 10. I thought maybe reality hit them and their conscience changed? But that doesn't make sense, especially after killing that many people. Maybe they felt like "god" picking and choosing who lives and who dies knowing they scarred the survivors mentally?

Also they walked down one of the hallways looking into classrooms where there were more potential victims.

Again, I'm glad they stopped when they did, but why?
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 74839
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the cafeteria   Fire in the cafeteria Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 9:09 pm

Jbow89 wrote:
They also could have carried a small container of gas each and poured it over books and light them on fire... They easily could have burned the library.

I've spent so much time trying to figure out why they didn't kill more people (as morbid as that sounds) when they first entered the library there were 50 people but E/D killed 10. I thought maybe reality hit them and their conscience changed? But that doesn't make sense, especially after killing that many people. Maybe they felt like "god" picking and choosing who lives and who dies knowing they scarred the survivors mentally?

Also they walked down one of the hallways looking into classrooms where there were more potential victims.

Again, I'm glad they stopped when they did, but why?

I think that when they saw the huge police force outside, they wanted to try to get the bombs to blow, before they were stormed disarmed and taken alive (they left the library to do this). And they wandered through the halls without shooting anyone becaouse they were still hoping and waiting for the bombs to explode. Finally when they returned to the library all but 2 of their victims were gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire in the cafeteria   Fire in the cafeteria Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fire in the cafeteria
Page 1 of 1