Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Attachment theory - true in this case or not?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Attachment theory - true in this case or not? Empty
PostSubject: Attachment theory - true in this case or not?   Attachment theory - true in this case or not? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 5:57 am

I am studying a social work degree, and in a group I had to deliver a short presentation on attachment theory. I included a slide on shooters Dylan and Eric, indicating that they had generally good attachment throughout childhood and were not from a household of aggression or violence like attachment theory would suggest.

I intended to leave this open for discussion for other classmates to see whether they thought attachment could always be an explanation for behaviour; unfortunately, my slide did not make the final cut (other group members "deleted it by accident".

So, I thought I would ask you guys. What do you think, what is your opinion?
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83238
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Attachment theory - true in this case or not?   Attachment theory - true in this case or not? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 1:53 am

cheezecake wrote:
I am studying a social work degree, and in a group I had to deliver a short presentation on attachment theory. I included a slide on shooters Dylan and Eric, indicating that they had generally good attachment throughout childhood and were not from a household of aggression or violence like attachment theory would suggest.

I intended to leave this open for discussion for other classmates to see whether they thought attachment could always be an explanation for behaviour; unfortunately, my slide did not make the final cut (other group members "deleted it by accident".

So, I thought I would ask you guys. What do you think, what is your opinion?

We can't say for certain E&D had "good attachment".. it appears from the outside that they did, but we have no real idea on whether they formed a true bond of trust & identification with one of their parents or other significant party. I believe the key in this theory is the developmental years of 0-6 as well. Circumstances later in life could easily offset what was "programmed" at an early age.

Regardless, the theory admittedly is limited to a reflection of "shaping" ones reactions down the line in life vs forecasting. Interesting theory tho.. & I'm sure it holds true with most cases.
Back to top Go down
gasolinechild

gasolinechild

Contribution Points : 85377
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Attachment theory - true in this case or not?   Attachment theory - true in this case or not? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 pm

Attachment Disorder is bull, please do not buy into it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attachment theory - true in this case or not?   Attachment theory - true in this case or not? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attachment theory - true in this case or not?
Page 1 of 1