Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How much do you think about Columbine?

Go down 
+28
Oliver Evail
vril
Engel
DanielBryer
Rosie1756
exotiicgutz
hamned
Blaze88
QuestionMark
ZELLAweistDAY3
BornFromAgartha
evans12gauge
Bookish
SonOfaGunz
Screamingophelia
NEXT STEP UP
VOD101
lol
blueprint
CaptainMidnight
Draw_It_White
Jenn
FlyerFan
ThoughtBox
rebel82
Freezingmoon
PaintItBlack
anonacc489
32 posters
AuthorMessage
anonacc489

Contribution Points : 73791
Forum Reputation : 0

How much do you think about Columbine? Empty
PostSubject: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 1:11 am

So out of curiousity(morbid I guess?)how often do you guys think about Columbine? Is it a daily basis sorta thing? I've only been doing this whole Columbine thing for about 3 months, and I only think about it every other day and start digging around, but then I realize there have been people in this thing for years. Makes me wonder.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 95816
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 1:19 am

Every day since the day it happened.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 76745

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 2:14 am

Probably every day because I follow a lot of Columbiners on tumblr, I check these forums for new topics, and I follow a Facebook page as well..... So it's bound to pop up somewhere on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
rebel82

Contribution Points : 96654

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 2:48 am

Pretty much everyday since about 2010 when I read my first book about it. I was around the same age as E&D when it happened though and do remember it, I just didn't pay too much interest back then.

After reading Sue's book though I'm not sure there's much reason to keep researching/obsessing about Columbine.
The basement tapes will never be released, I've read every book, watched every documentary and although my initial thoughts on why it happened and what role each boy had differ vastly from my thoughts after reading my first book (Cullen's) I've had the same conclusions/thoughts for a few years now.
Just don't see where it goes from here.
Back to top Go down
anonacc489

Contribution Points : 73791

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 2:58 am

Hmm...
For those of you saying everyday, how would you say Columbine has affected your life and attitude towards other tragedies? I approach Columbine like one would approach a mystery: there's all sorts of interesting little things to put together to form the whole puzzle. This forum serves as a testament to that.

I kind of feel like Columbine has made me aware of some of the more darker parts of the human mind, as well as made me a little more analytical in regards to other events and things like it. Hell, I actually thought I had it figured out but until recently I'm once again crashing back down to square one: Now I gotta sit and piece together if I had Dylan all wrong and Eric all wrong, as I am/was a Cullenite or a Cullentard or whatever.

I mean like...
As long as I don't lose sleep over this or it doesn't place thoughts of going out and doing my own NBK it shouldn't be unhealthy, right?
Back to top Go down
rebel82

Contribution Points : 96654

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 3:36 am

I don't see why it would be unhealthy. It's only taking an interest in a historical event.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83171
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 4:15 pm

I would say every couple of days or so; if the year 1999 ever comes up for any reason, then I think about it immediately.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
FlyerFan

FlyerFan

Contribution Points : 76122
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 6:59 pm

At least once a week, but not every single day.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 3:40 am

Pretty much every day but that is because I have this forum so it's constantly in front of me several of times each day. I'm not obsessed with it though like I was back in late 2011 and most of 2012.

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97168
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 4:11 am

It varies for me.

A bit of an odd comparison but it in a way reminds me of when you split up with someone in the sense that:

When you're with someone (or researching) it's normal to think about them (it) several times a day.
You then realise it's not working or not worth the time and end the relationship (stop trawling the net for info). However, this is when you seem to think about it even more, say at night when you'd normally have been with the person (researching) but you're trying not to text them as you know you've done the right thing. Eventually, it gets easier and you only think about them (it) once in a blue moon. However, it can strike in an instant at any time and your feelings can come back maybe if you just bump into the person in a bar six months later (you pick up the newspaper and see something like the recent interview with Sue) and all of a sudden it begins to consume your thoughts again.

You probably think I'm mad reading that.
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83171
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 4:13 pm

I would add that at this time of the year, culminating with April 20, it's almost impossible not to think about it daily.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight

Contribution Points : 79797

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 12:00 am

not daily,but definitely weekly.

I'll take your brain to another dimension
Back to top Go down
blueprint

Contribution Points : 81989

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 9:48 am

It comes and goes in "phases" for me, but I was most heavily interested right after it happened in 1999, then in 2004-05 when I discovered the 11k and Internet boards, then again about 2009 whenever Sue Klebolds Oprah article came out. Then again this year when Sues book came out.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 102022
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 5:45 pm

Very rarely anymore. The kids are old news. It's all about Elliot Rodger now...

Dark humor
Back to top Go down
VOD101

VOD101

Contribution Points : 92751

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 6:10 pm

Phases, not every day, but if i read up or watch something that mentions dates before or not long after 1999 i do revert back to that day and work out how long it was pre/post columbine. (in some weird 90's nostalgic kind of way)

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 41899
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2022 5:38 am

You know that one meme about Amogus being everywhere?
It's like that, but with Harris and Klebold.

I watched a video that brought up Natural Selection and I pogged so hard my jaw popped

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2022 2:57 pm

When I log on to moderate.

Also, whenever a shooting happens, it is hard not to because normally Columbine will be brought up.

SonOfaGunz

Contribution Points : 16314
Forum Reputation : 75

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2022 5:04 pm

Too much.
Back to top Go down
Bookish

Bookish

Contribution Points : 20828
Forum Reputation : 195

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2022 7:50 pm

I think about true crime every day but not columbine every day.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
evans12gauge

evans12gauge

Contribution Points : 18192
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2022 8:02 pm

This refers to both Columbine and school shootings in general but it's a near constant thought. I am always some how thinking about school shootings. I don't know why, it is one of my main interests but it still seems much more than what could be considered normal.
So, yeah. All the time basically. Whether it's just information around them in general or the chances of my own high school being shot up/what I'd do in that situation or if I'll open the news that day and hear about another one, some how, some way, I'm thinking about them and the only time I stop is when I'm asleep, doing work, or if I'm having a full conversation with someone, which doesn't happen that much.

Contribution Points : 15000
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2022 1:50 am

Last edited by BornFromAgartha on Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZELLAweistDAY3

ZELLAweistDAY3

Contribution Points : 25088
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 10:27 pm

I'm more interested and think more in their copycats than the columbine shooting

Denethor likes this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 11:54 pm

Not much anymore. I think nearly everything there is to be said about Columbine, Sandy Hook, Parkland, and virtually every other shooting and killing has been played out. It is no longer new and interesting for me, and in the months and years since I think world affairs are both more relevant for my attention and interest. But who knows? Perhaps the old flame will find new kindling and I'll be sucked back in again. For now though I just check in every once in a while to see what's going on.

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 12:57 pm

I have only known about Columbine for a year now but you could say about every day, it has a lot of impact on me so i always make references when even the smallest things reminds me of it, it's one of the biggest interests ive ever had, not in the healthiest way. I think I'm getting out of that a little now, i wanna research different shootings.
Back to top Go down
Blaze88

Blaze88

Contribution Points : 42343
Forum Reputation : 65

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 1:26 pm

Everyday even if you don't see it or even think it, it will always be there for most of us, somewhere in our being. To you or at least to me it will never be forgot what launched at columbine that fateful day along with all other amok events that came before and after.

NEXT STEP UP likes this post

Back to top Go down
hamned

Contribution Points : 16107

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 9:40 pm

Last edited by hamned on Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rosie1756 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
exotiicgutz

exotiicgutz

Contribution Points : 19662

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2022 7:26 pm

I usually think about it everyday. I see it a lot surprisingly.

Engel and SonOfaGunz like this post

Back to top Go down
Rosie1756

Rosie1756

Contribution Points : 14996
Forum Reputation : 227

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2022 11:52 am

I always think about other mass shootings more than Columbine.

DanielBryer likes this post

Back to top Go down
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 28803
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2022 11:56 am

Rosie1756 wrote:
I always think about other mass shootings more than Columbine.
I was just about to comment this, but you beat me to it. I think about Robb, Monkseaton and Weis Market the most. Columbine is probably anywhere between 4th and 6th for me.
Back to top Go down
Engel

Engel

Contribution Points : 35327
Forum Reputation : 197

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2022 11:18 pm

Everyday. Too ingrained in my mind at this point.

"Humanity is overrated, isn't it?" - Matti Saari

"Live in virtue, no desire
And in the grave an angel's choir
You look to heaven and wonder why
No one can see them in the sky

Just as the clouds have gone to sleep
Angels can be seen in heaven's keep
Alone in fear, they question why
Goddamn, not an angel when I die
" - Engel, Rammstein (English version)

Denethor likes this post

Back to top Go down
vril

vril

Contribution Points : 21429
Forum Reputation : 844

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2022 1:29 am

Rarely anymore, maybe once a week

Outgrew my columbine phase

Rosie1756 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oliver Evail

Oliver Evail

Contribution Points : 16750

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2022 1:43 pm

anonacc489 wrote:
So out of curiousity(morbid I guess?)how often do you guys think about Columbine? Is it a daily basis sorta thing? I've only been doing this whole Columbine thing for about 3 months, and I only think about it every other day and start digging around, but then I realize there have been people in this thing for years. Makes me wonder.
Most people who study this topic just follow the official sources. of course, the same must be done, but once the sources present certain inconsistencies, it is more than clear that it is necessary to leave their relevance aside and use the mind to understand what really happened.

QuestionMark likes this post

Back to top Go down
captainbaculum

captainbaculum

Contribution Points : 14088

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2023 1:15 am

i think about columbine daily since i am autistic and it is a hyperfixation of mine

Йозеф Геббельс and Denethor like this post

Back to top Go down
Techv4921

Techv4921

Contribution Points : 25886

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2023 8:16 pm

It comes and goes in phases for me. The interest wanes for a bit but it's something I eventually return to.

Would rather be a chimp.

Engel likes this post

Back to top Go down
Denethor

Denethor

Contribution Points : 12762
Forum Reputation : 112

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2023 4:33 am

much more than i should

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
Back to top Go down
tellecat

tellecat

Contribution Points : 18358
Forum Reputation : 461

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2023 2:05 pm

definitely everyday. my hyperfixation has been waning but everything still connects back to them in my brain. for example if im watching a movie from the 90s? my brain wonders if maybe they watched it. or even just walking past dr pepper and slim jims at the store makes me think of them. after finishing with my finals i have more time back on here and researching which is my favorite hobby rn. i do still spend a lot of time just thinking about how awful it was, for the victims, for e/d's family, (i think about byron a lot) and the pain that drove them to do it, which will make me cry. i used to cry about columbine genuinely like every night for a couple months there but not as much nowadays. i think one of the things that sticks with me and occupies my brain is just how much wasted potential there was in e/d's lives, but also in the innocent lives they took, its unfathomable.

Denethor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Techv4921

Techv4921

Contribution Points : 25886

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2023 3:58 pm

I hoped there could be a day with all evidence and video tapes released and most mysteries cleared up, but that's unlikely to ever happen. Best I can hope for is some small new pieces of information on the case to find their way out once in a blue moon.

Would rather be a chimp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much do you think about Columbine?   How much do you think about Columbine? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How much do you think about Columbine?
Page 1 of 1