Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Columbine.WAD

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Heinrich94

Heinrich94

Contribution Points : 83180
Forum Reputation : 0

Columbine.WAD  Empty
PostSubject: Columbine.WAD    Columbine.WAD  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 12:40 pm

G'day, long time lurker but first time poster. Recently discovered and played through Columbine.WAD and was wondering just how accurate the layout of this .WAD is compared to the school itself, as it was in 1999. also, do you think Eric and/or Dylan ever tried to create a .WAD just like this? I know its rumored they did with no evidence to back the claim up, but would be rather surprised if they didn't to be honest. Here's a link to a video I made of it for anyone interested: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Felt very eerie to play, and not just because its essentially a mass-murderer simulator. Its just that I've seen that school so many times in footage and photographs that it felt spooky to step into a virtual world of it. Also, bit of a side note, but what are yalls opinion on this .WAD? personally, I find it rather sickening. Creating a detailed level of just the school itself would have been interesting, and hell, could even have filled it full of DOOM demons to blast through. But the fact that they added unarmed civilian sprites that cannot attack you makes it rather stomach turning, even though actually shooting them is entirely up to the player. That being said, however, I'm not bent out of shape about its existence, especially since the creator was more than likely deliberately setting out to shock and offend. The feeling I felt after playing was nothing deleting the .WAD file and taking a shower couldn't fix lmao

Anyway, hope I posted this in the right section!

Back to top Go down

Columbine.WAD  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine.WAD    Columbine.WAD  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 12:53 pm

I highly doubt it's that accurate to the real layout, for starters the library isn't on top of the cafeteria.
Back to top Go down
Heinrich94

Heinrich94

Contribution Points : 83180

Columbine.WAD  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine.WAD    Columbine.WAD  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 1:00 pm

Ah yes, noticed that myself, though that would have been out of necessity given the fact that you cannot have a floor above another in the DOOM engine

Contribution Points : 41600

Columbine.WAD  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine.WAD    Columbine.WAD  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2019 12:12 pm

Heinrich94 wrote:
Ah yes, noticed that myself, though that would have been out of necessity given the fact that you cannot have a floor above another in the DOOM engine
You can't in the original DooM but GZDoom supports 3d floors(room above room) I just started learning how to make them in GZdoom builder.
Back to top Go down
REBELVODKA

REBELVODKA

Contribution Points : 47264
Forum Reputation : 125

Columbine.WAD  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine.WAD    Columbine.WAD  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2019 2:39 pm

I highly doubt it

Columbine.WAD  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine.WAD    Columbine.WAD  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Columbine.WAD
Page 1 of 1