Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.

Go down 
+15
Jenn
Sane One
ThoughtBox
gasolinechild
C#major
Sabratha
Lizpuff
WhereHateRunsRed
Juicy Jazzy
philosopher_king
CaptainMidnight
slippy123
Draw_It_White
PaintItBlack
limpfisch
19 posters
AuthorMessage
limpfisch

Contribution Points : 77916
Forum Reputation : 3

I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Empty
PostSubject: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 8:42 pm

So a few of you may remember that last year I posted a bunch of pictures and a video of me walking around and inside Columbine.
Turns out Jefferson County police department saw the video and didn't like it too much.
I received an email from google stating that Jefferson County Police had requested google to release all information about me. So obviously this prompted me to take everything down and become inactive in the Columbine community. Now I live in New Zealand so I really thought that as soon as they saw that I had left the USA that they'd forget about it all together. Well, I thought they did until about 6 months later I get a knock at the door from the local detective where I live. Now there weren't any charges or anything against me so I was not obliged to cooperate but I voluntarily went to the station for a chat with the detective to explain my actions ect.

Long story short, it's all blown over now so I'm ready to share information or whatever if you have any questions about anything. Oh, but I am completely banned from entering any school grounds in the Jefferson Country region.

I certainly do not blame the Jefferson County Police department for investigating me and it's good to see that they have a system in place for this type of thing.
That being said, it does amuse me that they'll go to the effort to chase a harmless tourist halfway across the world but won't even implement any sort of gun control.

Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 95816
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 8:47 pm

Sorry to hear this.I don't think you deserved to get in any trouble as you did nothing harmful but I am sure they want to seem extremely proactive when it comes to their schools after what happened 17 years ago.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97168
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 11:00 pm

I for one am glad they caught up with you. I'm quite surprised you weren't punished in some way. It was fairly stupid posting a video of it in my opinion.

I assume that someone from the school community reported it after seeing it on YouTube?
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 104663
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 11:27 pm

Hmm, you had your address and everything on your youtube account?
Pretty crazy they dad all that work for someone who lives out of the country for
walking though the school. I guess they take stuff like that really serious in todays age.
Back to top Go down
CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight

Contribution Points : 79797
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 11:33 pm

damn,I remember you.and guessed you deleted everything cause they found out.
now I understand how they can arrest kids/teens with NBK-y plans.

I'll take your brain to another dimension
Back to top Go down
philosopher_king

philosopher_king

Contribution Points : 100597
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 11:44 pm

I knew it was a bad idea for anyone to walk inside the school inside especially while classes are going on. I don't recommend anyone walk into the school unannounced. Visit the memorial instead.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 97794
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 3:25 am

So it seems jeffco monitor this forum. Assuming this was the only place you put the footage?
Back to top Go down
WhereHateRunsRed

WhereHateRunsRed

Contribution Points : 81079

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 3:52 am

That's pretty funny
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 4:09 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
So it seems jeffco monitor this forum. Assuming this was the only place you put the footage?

Doubt it. I suspect someone reported it to them. Think it was on YouTube too wasn't it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 6:28 am

oh I remember this.I could not see the pics though because I wasn't registered then.They caught up with u all the way over there just for taking a video of the school?That does seem a bit extreme but after what happened they cant be too cautious i guess. Glad you did not get to much flack for it though, man.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 9:22 am

I joined after your pics were taken down. Honestly in a way it is a good thing you got caught but in a way I think they should have caught you when you were there.... I know that could be pretty impossible. Since I didn't see the pics I have no idea if you look like a student or not and I think I recall you saying that a teacher did stop you.....

IDK it would probably be hard to stop a stranger from entering a school.

Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96835
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 2:27 pm

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
That or just youtube.

Or they don't monitor anything, but some regular forum member here decided it might be a warning sign and reported you.

In general, I'm glad you weren't punished in any way (cause you didn't relaly harm anyone), but I am also glad you were investigated. With all those NBK space-monkeys out there, I don't blame people for keeping an eye on things. No offence.

I don't think they monitor this place too close though, else lots of other people would get investigated - prolly me included.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
C#major

Contribution Points : 76883

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 3:22 pm

Pretty damn curious about that video now.
Back to top Go down
gasolinechild

gasolinechild

Contribution Points : 84652

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 11:24 am

Upload it with a tor relay to an onion site, and post it on clearnet as though you were someone else who found it.
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83171
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 11:54 am

Ah, if those pieces of trash in Jefferson County were only that assiduous in checking out leads back in 1998 and 1999, Columbine would never have happened, people wouldn't be dead, and we all wouldn't be in this forum.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
Sane One

Contribution Points : 84098

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 7:56 pm

It's human instinct, "what if"?   Each case should be treated differently and in your case, I'm glad you didn't get in any trouble but like every human being, questions will be asked, "what if" if you were there to do something more?  Much like somebody running onto a court or field during a sporting event.

In some ways, it shows nothing much has changed. Security is NOT better than it was back in 1999 and you proved that and that's something they have to deal with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 8:37 pm

I went in 2010 and was never questioned or confronted, even after I posted video and pictures on this forum... Granted, I wasn't inside the school, but I did walk all around it.

I actually just got back from going a second time, so I suppose I won't share any videos!!
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:16 pm

avadore wrote:
I went in 2010 and was never questioned or confronted, even after I posted video and pictures on this forum... Granted, I wasn't inside the school, but I did walk all around it.

I actually just got back from going a second time, so I suppose I won't share any videos!!
It couldn't have been this forum. This forum was not opened until 2013. You're probably talking about Danny's old forum that closed down back in 2012. And this person didn't just walk around the memorial or outside the school, they went inside and posed as a student. Carrying around school books and a lunch bag and claimed they were a student going to their Math class, when in reality, they were a 25 year old from another country who had his girlfriend following him around filming, taking the exact same path Eric took in his 'Eric in Columbine' video.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:25 pm

Jenn wrote:
avadore wrote:

It couldn't have been this forum. This forum was not opened until 2013. You're probably talking about Danny's old forum that closed down back in 2012. And this person didn't just walk around the memorial or outside the school, they went inside and posed as a student. Carrying around school books and a lunch bag and claimed they were a student going to their Math class, when in reality, they were a 25 year old from another country who had his girlfriend following him around filming, taking the exact same path Eric took in his 'Eric in Columbine' video.

You're correct, I meant the older forum.
Yikes..... did not know they did all that! That may have raised some red flags.... Did they do this during school hours? (I assume, he said he was going to a class) But HOW was a girlfriend permitted to film him as he walked through!!
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:42 pm

avadore wrote:
Jenn wrote:
avadore wrote:

Yikes..... did not know they did all that! That may have raised some red flags.... Did they do this during school hours? (I assume, he said he was going to a class) But HOW was a girlfriend permitted to film him as he walked through!!
Yes, they did it during school hours. He was in the Cafeteria and went to walk up the stairs until a teacher stopped him and he said he was going to Math class. I'm guessing the girlfriend pretended to be a student too and she was filming using a phone and I guess and it was underneath her jacket because it was hard to make the picture out at times. The user posted all the photos and videos here on the forum but took it all down a few days later. Apparently Jeffco (rightfully so) has a problem with people pretending to be students and trespassing into the school.

I'm sure people visit the school and memorial a lot and they are probably used to that, I mean that's why the memorial is there, but I can't blame them for taking this kind of precaution when someone who is openly admitting to being a fan of Eric's goes into the school to film and walks the same path Eric did. I don't believe this person had any intention on harming anyone but they don't know that, so what they did was appropriate.

Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 82513

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 10:36 pm

I didn't see security @ the memorial on 4/20 but I did see 2 police cars parked on school grounds on the North side of the building alone (didn't look to check the other sides)

There isn't driving access to the memorial from the school, while it's a mere 500 ft away or so, the two accessible driveways are through Clement park.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I wondered where you and the videos went.. glad you didn't get in too much trouble and also seem to understand why/how they reacted.

yeah, not the best of ideas and nothing i would endorse.... but, I got a good kick out of it.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 104663
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 12:25 am

Man send me the pics and video, I'll get them hosted anonymously, no one will even know you took them.
Back to top Go down
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 7:04 am

avadore wrote:
Jenn wrote:
avadore wrote:

Some interesting responses. Pretty much agree with them all. I would like to clear up that I did not carry around books or a lunch bag. I merely had my backpack on my back with just general stuff in it. Yes I did take the same path as Eric in his video, but this is due to my fixation of places. My psychologist puts this down to my Asperger's. I also visit my old primary school for similar reasons. I'll just sit in the place I used to sit when I was 9 years old for over an hour sometimes. It's just part of me and I don't really expect anyone to understand it. What I'm trying to say is that the reason I entered the school and walked the same path is for those reasons, rather than being a fan of Eric, which I am certainly not and I'm not sure if I ever said that? If I did then it's certainly not the case anymore. I also genuinely wanted to see what American high school life was like after seeing so many movies ect...i really wanted to see if it's anything like in the movies. To the people who are asking me to post the videos....I'm definitely not going to share the videos with anyone I do not know. I now realise that my actions in posting the video could inspire other people to do similar, which is obviously a concern for the school.
As for the guy who is surprised I wasn't punished.....they're not exactly going to extradite me for walking through a school....
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 9:16 am

No, I didn't expect they'd extradite you.

I'd hope someone is keeping an eye on you, particularly since you say you go back and sit at your old primary school for hours. Odd, odd behaviour.
Back to top Go down
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 9:43 am

Draw_It_White wrote:

I'd hope someone is keeping an eye on you, particularly since you say you go back and sit at your old primary school for hours. Odd, odd behaviour.

Yes it is odd behaviour. I have Asperger's which means I have many odd things that I do. Am I dangerous? Not in the slightest. Yes I do have people looking out for me, but not because of any fear I'm dangerous. Of course since Adam Lanza, everybody thinks Asperger's means that I'm going to go shoot 5 year old's at any given point....never mind the millions of non-violent people with Asperger's.
Some people might call spending time on Columbine forums ''odd, odd behaviour''
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 9:54 am

limpfisch wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:

Yes it is odd behaviour. I have Asperger's which means I have many odd things that I do. Am I dangerous? Not in the slightest. Yes I do have people looking out for me, but not because of any fear I'm dangerous. Of course since Adam Lanza, everybody thinks Asperger's means that I'm going to go shoot 5 year old's at any given point....never mind the millions of non-violent people with Asperger's.

Without a doubt people would call visiting these forums odd, odd behaviour. Probably not as odd as going half way around the world to walk in Eric's footsteps or sit outside primary schools mind.
Back to top Go down
limpfisch

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 10:01 am

Draw_It_White wrote:
limpfisch wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:

Without a doubt people would call visiting these forums odd, odd behaviour. Probably not as odd as going half way around the world to walk in Eric's footsteps or sit outside primary schools mind.

You have no idea why I traveled to the USA. You are just assuming it was to visit Columbine which was only a very small part of the reason. I'm not arguing that I'm odd....but if you call me odd for visiting Columbine, I hope you also call the millions of people that visit the sites of the murders of millions of Jews every year odd as well.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 10:22 am

limpfisch wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:
limpfisch wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:

You have no idea why I traveled to the USA. You are just assuming it was to visit Columbine which was only a very small part of the reason. I'm not arguing that I'm odd....but if you call me odd for visiting Columbine, I hope you also call the millions of people that visit the sites of the murders of millions of Jews every year odd as well.

All of us have something odd about us. The fact that we peruse these boards talking about a 17 year old crime is odd sure. I have never visited Columbine but I live in MN and visited Red Lake. I don't see anything particularly wrong with you visiting Columbine during your visit to the US but agree going inside was probably not the best decision. I do wish I hadn't missed the photos!
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 82464
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 5:44 pm

Sorry man but I'm VERY glad they followed up on that. Its too bad you don't live here because you honestly do deserve some kind of punishment. Not just for entering the school illegally either. Filming people without their permission and uploading said video to a mass shooting forum is IMO a really fucked up thing to do. I don't mean to be harsh because you obviously aren't a bad dude, but this was not an okay thing to do. I personally experienced two IOCs (Intruder On Campus) during my highschool years and it was terrifying.
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 101124
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 9:23 am

Nirvana, Filming in a public place is not illegal here in the US. There have been many court cases about this and you should have 0 expectancy of not being filmed in a public place. Columbine is a public school, which (loosely) makes it a public place.
Should he have went in walking around? No. But he was not doing anything harmful. I bet he is on a couple of government lists now and I bet in airports he will be checked and "Randomly selected" more than before.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 9:38 am

I suppose this all ties in with the 'Would you let your kid attend Columbine' thread. Possibly not if they have random weirdo's filming themselves walking the route Eric took on a movie. The next one could be some sort of maniac if it's that easy to access.
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83171
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 4:15 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
I suppose this all ties in with the 'Would you let your kid attend Columbine' thread. Possibly not if they have random weirdo's filming themselves walking the route Eric took on a movie. The next one could be some sort of maniac if it's that easy to access.

Interesting thought, I hadn't considered that: a copycat doing their copying on the original site. Now that would be f--ked up.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 82665
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 11:44 am

deathmedic wrote:
Nirvana, Filming in a public place is not illegal here in the US. There have been many court cases about this and you should have 0 expectancy of not being filmed in a public place. Columbine is a public school, which (loosely) makes it a public place.
Should he have went in walking around? No. But he was not doing anything harmful. I bet he is on a couple of government lists now and I bet in airports he will be checked and "Randomly selected" more than before.

True. Agreed, his behavior when her was there was completely non threatening and didn't really warrant any real legal action. All of the LE inquiries were probably justifiable as well. When you're recreating the steps of notorious killers, it's gonna raise some eyebrows.

Given that this is post Columbine-post 9/11 America we're talking about, things are a little tighter all around. i'm glad nothing too bad became of this.

Also, I would really love to see the footage : )

I guess we're all a little mad on here!
Back to top Go down
WhereHateRunsRed

WhereHateRunsRed

Contribution Points : 81079

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 2:16 pm

I'm extremely surprised nobody has ever tried it at CHS again tbh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.   I got in trouble for visiting Columbine. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I got in trouble for visiting Columbine.
Page 1 of 1