Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric's IM Logs.

Go down 
+9
Kida
fxiths
bubbles
shades
Kiwik
Lizpuff
Vii
sororityalpha
slippy123
13 posters
AuthorMessage
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105413
Forum Reputation : 1235

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 2:00 am

Most people probably have seen these, but for the few that haven't I find them really interesting. Eric talking about what he thinks when he looks at the stars, writing a note about how he really feels to his family, and he sort of gets kind of deep about certain things. He even says he's "going to a 2 year college to major in computers, but definitely not a 4 year school", with no mention of the marines. I find these really bring out the human side of him. Although it wouldn't be Eric without talk of wanting to "be the judge of who can live or die". They seem to be typed out in the summer of 98, going into senior year.

Does anyone know the person or people he is talking to in these logs? He says "Jen" in the last conversation, but I'm sure who she is, or if she is the same girl from all three.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124059
Forum Reputation : 1001

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 2:07 am

oops sorry slippy I didn't notice that you already realized one of them was Jen

Last edited by sororityalpha on Sun May 01, 2016 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 2:12 am

sororityalpha wrote:

026571-026573 Eric’s Chat Room Log 1 - not sure.

026574-026575 Eric’s Chat Room Log 2 - not sure.

026630-026632 Eric’s Chat Room Log 3 - Eric is talking to a girl named Jen.

I wrote that above, Very Happy. It would seem that they might have worked together at Tortilla Wraps since they talk about working with certain people and Eric saying he isn't really friends with the guy she mentioned that he works with.
Back to top Go down
Vii

Vii

Contribution Points : 74155
Forum Reputation : 0

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 3:59 am

I'm pretty certain that two of these people were just his online friends and the other one ( as it was mentioned ) he might have known from work.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96174
Forum Reputation : 1190

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 4:06 am

I find these quite interesting. Funny how he hoped he did not upset her with his question. You can see his embarrassment plain as day

Kiwik

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 74176
Forum Reputation : 25

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 7:12 am

I don't get why the night sky question made her too uncomfortable to answer, even if her mom was in the room. Its not like he was asking her what she was wearing or something inappropriate. I took it as he was just looking for deep conversation. Maybe I'm just weird? Or maybe she was bored with the conversation and was politely trying to end it...

Moonqueen31 and Isabela like this post

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79736
Forum Reputation : 38

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 7:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] "I find these quite interesting. Funny how he hoped he did not upset her with his question. You can see his embarrassment plain as day"

This proves how EXTREMELY self conscious he was and so shy to get deep with a girl. I've felt that way before talking to a crush and minding the sentences I say...it reminds us how he's just a normal teenage boy.

@Kiwiki "I don't get why the night sky question made her too uncomfortable to answer, even if her mom was in the room. Its not like he was asking her what she was wearing or something inappropriate. I took it as he was just looking for deep conversation. Maybe I'm just weird? Or maybe she was bored with the conversation and was politely trying to end it..."

he was looking for a deep convo, and jen sounds like she's shy to get too deep with her mom around, i'm gonna assume perhaps her mother was looking at the screen and reading the conversation? cause otherwise she's quite cool with talking all these deep stuff with eric if you read the other chat logs, like the one about his dream and stuff.

Contribution Points : 75017

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 1:44 pm

liquorvamp wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] "I find these quite interesting. Funny how he hoped he did not upset her with his question. You can see his embarrassment plain as day"

This proves how EXTREMELY self conscious he was and so shy to get deep with a girl. I've felt that way before talking to a crush and minding the sentences I say...it reminds us how he's just a normal teenage boy.

@Kiwiki "I don't get why the night sky question made her too uncomfortable to answer, even if her mom was in the room. Its not like he was asking her what she was wearing or something inappropriate. I took it as he was just looking for deep conversation. Maybe I'm just weird? Or maybe she was bored with the conversation and was politely trying to end it..."

he was looking for a deep convo, and jen sounds like she's shy to get too deep with her mom around, i'm gonna assume perhaps her mother was looking at the screen and reading the conversation? cause otherwise she's quite cool with talking all these deep stuff with eric if you read the other chat logs, like the one about his dream and stuff.

Ehh, not sure if I believe his "coyness". Eric was pretty manipulative. That was not the first instance we have of him acting like he was shy and looking for something "deep" (remember his love note he sent to another girl he worked with?)..all the while he's writing that he wants to say the right things to girls to trick them into bed. And for those who say he was so scared of rejection, he asked out many girls and was incredibly pushy/persistent with many of them..not really characteristic of someone who is horribly shy and afraid of rejection.

Moonqueen31 and Isabela dislike this post

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 3:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] true, but I'm between which is the real him through his journal entries or how he actually is when approaching someone. okay, that part i agree can be heavily fabricated but, his writings are put-on too. However i will agree with the part that his persistance to asking girls out and constantly pushing them when they ditch him plays a huge factor in the whole entitled male-psycho-character thingy. and then yet, there's also the extreeeeemly self-conscious/can't make the first move side to him. which is which?

Lizpuff

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 3:35 pm

bubbles wrote:
liquorvamp wrote:

Ehh, not sure if I believe his "coyness". Eric was pretty manipulative. That was not the first instance we have of him acting like he was shy and looking for something "deep" (remember his love note he sent to another girl he worked with?)..all the while he's writing that he wants to say the right things to girls to trick them into bed. And for those who say he was so scared of rejection, he asked out many girls and was incredibly pushy/persistent with many of them..not really characteristic of someone who is horribly shy and afraid of rejection.

I am wondering about this. I think the journal could be possibly counted out because I don't think the "lying to trick girl's into my room" holds any true water. Otherwise Susan would have not been let out of his room.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 1:26 am

I just can't imagine how utterly shocked this "Jen" girl must of felt when she turned on the TV and saw Eric as one of the perpetrators of this massacre. After she had some pretty deep conversations with him, it must of been one weird feeling. That goes for everyone who Eric fooled into thinking he was this down to earth, "normal" kid.
Back to top Go down
fxiths

Contribution Points : 74928

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 7:02 am

She's the one he sent this letter to:

Quote :
Hi, I have a few things I really want to say but I never seem to be able to say them in person.

Even though I have only know you for a few weeks, and I have hardly had any time to really know you, I would really like to get to know you much better. Actually when we worked together Monday night I wanted to ask you to just hang out for a while after work and maybe just talk. Like about that guy that you mentioned, the one that you met on AOL, or about work, school, people, anything. I just really wanted to spend some time with you. But, since your friend stopped by I assumed that you and her would be leaving together so I just left without saying anything. You see, I just hope that you feel the same. I am just kind of going on an hunch here, but I’m hope I’m right. I don’t know if you like talking… or just to me… or what. From what I gather from people at work and by just being there, I see that almost every guy there flirts constantly with you or at least tries. And I try too, just to make you smile, but I have never been good at “flirting” or even talking. I see that you are a very busy girl, and have a great family and nice friends, and you seem to like to talk about what your thinking, but so far, have been cut off short. You see, I have never understood why girls spend more time with guys who just look good and flirt a lot then with guys who actually have something intelligent to say and are a little “deeper” than most other guys. Oh well. I guess what I’m trying to say is… if you have time in your life to just sit down, relax, and talk with a guy who cares a lot about you, and if you want to, let me know. Because I really want to get to know you, and who knows, maybe even “go out”. If you don’t… just don’t say anything. I’ll understand, I’m used to it. Well, bye for now, maybe I’ll see you at work sometime this week. Please reply, or call, if you want to do something.

-Love Eric.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 7:41 am

fxiths wrote:
She's the one he sent this letter to:

Quote :
Hi, I have a few things I really want to say but I never seem to be able to say them in person.

Even though I have only know you for a few weeks, and I have hardly had any time to really know you, I would really like to get to know you much better. Actually when we worked together Monday night I wanted to ask you to just hang out for a while after work and maybe just talk. Like about that guy that you mentioned, the one that you met on AOL, or about work, school, people, anything. I just really wanted to spend some time with you. But, since your friend stopped by I assumed that you and her would be leaving together so I just left without saying anything. You see, I just hope that you feel the same. I am just kind of going on an hunch here, but I’m hope I’m right. I don’t know if you like talking… or just to me… or what. From what I gather from people at work and by just being there, I see that almost every guy there flirts constantly with you or at least tries. And I try too, just to make you smile, but I have never been good at “flirting” or even talking. I see that you are a very busy girl, and have a great family and nice friends, and you seem to like to talk about what your thinking, but so far, have been cut off short. You see, I have never understood why girls spend more time with guys who just look good and flirt a lot then with guys who actually have something intelligent to say and are a little “deeper” than most other guys. Oh well. I guess what I’m trying to say is… if you have time in your life to just sit down, relax, and talk with a guy who cares a lot about you, and if you want to, let me know. Because I really want to get to know you, and who knows, maybe even “go out”. If you don’t… just don’t say anything. I’ll understand, I’m used to it. Well, bye for now, maybe I’ll see you at work sometime this week. Please reply, or call, if you want to do something.

-Love Eric.

Never knew this. Did you find this out in the 11K?
Back to top Go down
Kida

Kida

Contribution Points : 73165

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 2:16 pm

I can't remember where I read but the letter was never sent to Jennifer. I can be wrong.

Last edited by Kida on Sun May 22, 2016 3:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 8:44 pm

The boys have both written letters to a significant person that they never send out. Sigh.

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96566
Forum Reputation : 52

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 4:17 am

Kida wrote:
I can't remember where I read but the letter was never sent to Jennifer. I can be wrong.

If I am not mistaken,I believe Jen did get the letter.She just wasn't interested so poor Eric was rejected again.I think his letter was one of the nicest ones I've ever read.I would be flattered to get a letter like that from a guy.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski

Moonqueen31 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77495

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 4:44 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
Kida wrote:

If I am not mistaken,I believe Jen did get the letter.She just wasn't interested so poor Eric was rejected again.I think his letter was one of the nicest ones I've ever read.I would be flattered to get a letter like that from a guy.
He seemed very sweet and genuine in that letter. I would have been flattered too

Moonqueen31 likes this post

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 3:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] how do you know jen got the letter?

eli27

Contribution Points : 83582
Forum Reputation : 135

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 12:18 am

It's weird, after doing so much research Eric begins to become this daunting figure in your mind, and then the little things like this remind you that actually he was just a sensitive, gawky kid looking for someone to like him. He may have died a mass shooter, but he still got nervous when a girl wouldn't answer his question. Perspective is a funny thing.

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96566
Forum Reputation : 52

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 4:16 am

liquorvamp wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] how do you know jen got the letter?

I thought I read it somewhere.Maybe in her police interview?If I am wrong, someone feel free to correct me.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 6:29 am

eli27 wrote:
It's weird, after doing so much research Eric begins to become this daunting figure in your mind, and then the little things like this remind you that actually he was just a sensitive, gawky kid looking for someone to like him. He may have died a mass shooter, but he still got nervous when a girl wouldn't answer his question. Perspective is a funny thing.

I get what you're saying. I felt like that after reading these logs, remembering how in highschool I was trying to be cool talking to girls over AIM, trying to say the right things
while still not looking like a dork by saying the wrong thing. Ah, those days.
Back to top Go down
Kida

Kida

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 3:59 pm

Guys, where is Jennifer Laufenberg's entire statement? In the 11k documents pg 20207-20208 are like 5 sentences...
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 4:05 pm

Kida wrote:
Guys, where is Jennifer Laufenberg's entire statement? In the 11k documents pg 20207-20208 are like 5 sentences...

I am on 10101-10200 and I haven't come across anything yet....
Back to top Go down
Kida

Kida

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 4:42 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Kida wrote:

I am on 10101-10200 and I haven't come across anything yet....
So strange. On tumblr I read how Matt, Nate and Eric went to her house, Jen's boyfriend Matt talked with Eric about philosophy, she chated with Eric until april. Where this came from scratch ?
If I find the post I will make a screenshot.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] what? this is my first time hearing this. What/who's the source on tumblr and is it legit?
and why would Eric make a move on Jen if he knew she was spoken for

Kida

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:19 pm

This statement seems legit. Its incomplete though...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:25 pm

Kida wrote:
This statement seems legit. Its incomplete though...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well if it is from the 11k I am sure I will get to it soon. I am in the "Eric Harris" section right now. If I find it I will post it in the 11k highlights area.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:54 pm

Jennifer Laufenberg 12/18/79

Pages 013305-013308

Back to top Go down
Kida

Kida

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 6:07 pm

sororityalpha wrote:

Jennifer Laufenberg 12/18/79

Pages 013305-013308

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
12976-15911 missing?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 6:23 pm

They are missing on that website but they are available

The missing files would be:

012976-013650 Tips A-Z

013651-014224 Internet

014225-014560 Threats - Schools

014561-014869 Threats - Misc

014870-015291 Connected Reports - JCSO

015292-015627 Connected Reports - Other Agency

015628 Cassette Tape of a portion of the JCSO 911 Calls

015629 CD-Rom of FBI Diagrams

015630-015872 FBI Crime Scene Processing Team Reports & Sketches

015873-015904 Arvada PD Reports - alleged duplicates ?

015905-015909 CBI Lab Report in 11K 008934-008939 ?

015910 FBI Evidence Response Team Overall Diagram - Lower Level

015911 FBI Evidence Response Team Overall Diagram - Upper Level
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 6:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] oh wow that's really interesting. I didn't know that. Thank you so much.
Hmmm this puts the timeline of his communication with her in perspective. and from that statement then I guess yeah, she knew he liked her.

Kida

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 8:40 pm

liquorvamp wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] oh wow that's really interesting. I didn't know that. Thank you so much.
Hmmm this puts the timeline of his communication with her in perspective. and from that statement then I guess yeah, she knew he liked her.
Yeah. Now I really believe that Eric sent the letter to her. When Eric wrote that letter he didnt know that Jen had a boyfriend (or maybe she dated Matt after?) The letter must had been written in May or June 1998 -"Even thought I have only know you for a few weeks, and I have hardly had any time to really know you, I would really like to get to know you much better. Actually when we worked together Monday night I wanted to ask you to just hang out for a while after work and maybe just talk."

At the end of the letter Eric wrote "If you don’t… just don’t say anything. I’ll understand, I’m used to it. Well, bye for now, maybe I’ll see you at work sometime this week. Please reply, or call, if you want to do something."
And from her statment we learn that "she did not respond to his desires to further a relationship", therefore Eric was "friendzoned" till April.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 8:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yeah. sigh. and from the released chatlogs we have, I think they talked about the boys she dates and he goes on about how girls date guys who aren't intellectual or something (gotta refer to the convo) but Yeah they pretty much talked till after she broke up with Matt. Although I think he talks to her in a mutual friendly sense since she made it clear she isn't interested and by then he had to be into other girls.
come to think of it Eric was interested in alottt of girls hahah.

Kida

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 8:50 pm

True. We can name at least 10 Haha
Back to top Go down
Lodka

Contribution Points : 72182

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 3:08 am

It's interesting to see Eric having contact with girls, both in these logs and on the cafeteria video. I have the feeling that in both ocasion Eric was attracted to the girl and was trying to play it cool, but inside he might have feel really nervous about being close to a girl and having some kind of contact with them.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 3:42 pm

Lodka wrote:
It's interesting to see Eric having contact with girls, both in these logs and on the cafeteria video. I have the feeling that in both ocasion Eric was attracted to the girl and was trying to play it cool, but inside he might have feel really nervous about being close to a girl and having some kind of contact with them.

True. He plays it cool when his friends are teasing him about waiting for Brandi, but you can see him try to play off his disappointment when she comes down and ignores him.

Then again when she is calling for Jeremy and he just up and leaves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eric's IM Logs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's IM Logs.   Eric's IM Logs. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric's IM Logs.
Page 1 of 1