Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question about Mark Kintgen's interview (11k)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Question about Mark Kintgen's interview (11k) Empty
PostSubject: Question about Mark Kintgen's interview (11k)   Question about Mark Kintgen's interview (11k) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 10:59 pm

I am finally getting around to reading this document, and I noticed something in Mark Kintgen's interview :
"When asked if he recalled anything specific about the announcements that day, Mark Kintgen responded in the negative, but stated he did remember a scrolling message which is shown throughout the school at various locations. Mark Kintgen identified that message as "Today is not a good day to be here" .

I have never heard of this before. Does anyone know if this is an accurate recollection ?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 128759
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Question about Mark Kintgen's interview (11k)   Question about Mark Kintgen's interview (11k) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 11:35 pm

Page 010914:

Eric Veik stated the RNN features a phrase of the day each day He stated the phrase of the day that had been planned for, he did not feel was appropriate, so he changed it. He wrote the phrase, which was aired that morning. The phrase was "how could you expect us to stay in school on a day like this?" Veik stated the original phrase of the day was by James Davis, a senior. The phrase was "quit your bitching." Davis told Veik he didn't care if it was inappropriate because he was going to be graduating in 16 days. Veik went ahead and changed the phrase because he felt it was inappropriate.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 102894
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Question about Mark Kintgen's interview (11k)   Question about Mark Kintgen's interview (11k) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 12:46 am

I think the message was referring to the fact that it was a warm spring day and that everyone was stuck at school.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 84317
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Question about Mark Kintgen's interview (11k)   Question about Mark Kintgen's interview (11k) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 12:52 am

the "quit your bitching" is a WEIRD coincidence too as Eric basically said that to somebody he wounded while shooting.

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 100524
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Question about Mark Kintgen's interview (11k)   Question about Mark Kintgen's interview (11k) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 8:28 am

It is kinda funny to read all the different variations of that thought of the day in the 11k. No one quite heard it the same.

PostSubject: Re: Question about Mark Kintgen's interview (11k)   Question about Mark Kintgen's interview (11k) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 1:00 pm

The coincidences are definitely strange. I'm only on the first set of documents from the 11k , but I can't help noticing accounts such as that one that seem to foreshadow how awful that day was.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 100524
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Question about Mark Kintgen's interview (11k)   Question about Mark Kintgen's interview (11k) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 1:15 pm

lilypadlane wrote:
The coincidences are definitely strange. I'm only on the first set of documents from the 11k , but I can't help noticing accounts such as that one that seem to foreshadow how awful that day was.

I am almost done with the 11k. I have read it all. Some is very very boring and there are a lot of repeats. But that is how you find out what the facts are sometimes. Repeating of the same series of events by multiple people
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Mark Kintgen's interview (11k)   Question about Mark Kintgen's interview (11k) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about Mark Kintgen's interview (11k)
Page 1 of 1