Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

13 Families

Go down 
+17
Sabratha
John Denver
Falco
paradisedreams
gutenfxckintag
JDM87
jettfyre80
Mj2beat
philosopher_king
iceflames
Juicy Jazzy
Z_Splatter
JayJay
deathmedic
tragedy79
Lifetime
Jenn
21 posters
AuthorMessage

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 12:48 am

Has anyone seen the movie 13 Families: Life After Columbine? I really want to watch it but I think I'll be very sad the entire time. If you have seen it what were your thoughts on it?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119308
Forum Reputation : 1004

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 12:55 am

Is that the movie that shows you what could have possibly become of the victims if they didn't die?

Back to top Go down

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 1:00 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
Has anyone seen the movie 13 Families: Life After Columbine? I really want to watch it but I think I'll be very sad the entire time. If you have seen it what were your thoughts on it?

It is wonderful, but a tearjerker. Well worth the money.
Back to top Go down

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 1:08 am

Jenn wrote:
Is that the movie that shows you what could have possibly become of the victims if they didn't die?

No that's Columbine Reunion. And they really could have come up with a much better tag line.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 1:12 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
Jenn wrote:

No that's Columbine Reunion. And they really could have come up with a much better tag line.

Hm.. I'm not sure I even know what the Tagline is.

Back to top Go down

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 1:16 am

Jenn wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
Jenn wrote:

It said on April 20th 1999 15 people lost their lives that day but 13 of those lives are worth remembering. When I think it should have said and those lives are worth remembering.
Back to top Go down
Lifetime

Contribution Points : 102678
Forum Reputation : 0

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 10:53 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
Jenn wrote:

It said on April 20th 1999 15 people lost their lives that day but 13 of those lives are worth remembering. When I think it should have said and those lives are worth remembering.

The killers get remembered all the time. Besides, whats worth remembering about them? The fact that they killed 13 innocent people? They did what they set out to do and got what they wanted, everlasting infamy. Did any of the victims get to accomplish their hopes and dreams? No.

The reunion movies was about the lives those kids never got to live. Eric and Dylan lived theirs.

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 12:01 pm

Lifetime wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
Jenn wrote:

The killers get remembered all the time. Besides, whats worth remembering about them? The fact that they killed 13 innocent people? They did what they set out to do and got what they wanted, everlasting infamy. Did any of the victims get to accomplish their hopes and dreams? No.

The reunion movies was about the lives those kids never got to live. Eric and Dylan lived theirs.

You make a really good point and I get what you are saying.
Back to top Go down
tragedy79

Contribution Points : 102545

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 1:00 pm

Lifetime wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:
Jenn wrote:

I feel exactly the same. After seeing Columbine Reunion I was crying and I was furious at Eric and Dylan. For pissing all that lives away, including their own. And I am really not the crying-girlie type, but this moved me a lot...

Contribution Points : 102399
Forum Reputation : 10

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 9:41 am

I just watched (most) of it last night. It is a really good movie. It is on Hulu now so if you want to see it just got to their documentary section and it is there. I will finish it tonight (I fell a sleep during it at 1 AM)
Back to top Go down

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 12:09 pm

I wish there was a way for me to watch this one -- I've been wanting to, but official/unofficial channels don't have it available for me over here just yet. Looks like I'll have to wait. Smile
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 102399
Forum Reputation : 10

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 12:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's a direct link to it... It should work for you.
Back to top Go down

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 12:41 pm

Unfortunately not! I'm not US-based and their video content isn't available outside of the US.. but the attempt is appreciated!
Back to top Go down
JayJay

Contribution Points : 97464

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 1:39 pm

Maybe the DVD can be ordered outside the US? I was lucky enough (and surprised) they had it at my local library.

It's very good. The movie is not always sad because you can see everything positive the families have been doing to keep on living no matter what happened to them. You might get tearful at times but might also smile through your tears.

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
Lifetime

Contribution Points : 102678

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 8:16 pm

Just got done watching 13 families. Saddest part was when Patricia DePooter was washing her sons grave. I always knew that there was a lot of suffering going on after the shooting, but you don't truly understand just how much pain the tragedy cause until you watch this movie. I just wish the video footage of some of the victims was longer.

Contribution Points : 97911

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:52 pm

I thought the saddest part was Lauren's mom (I think it was Lauren's) talks about how they didn't get to "snuggle" but that they planned on snuggling the next night. And they never got the chance. So incredibly sad.
Back to top Go down

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 3:42 pm

I feel like I should watch this whenever I think I am commiserating too much about Eric's and Dylan's troubles and remember what incredible pain, anguish, sadness, turmoil, and devastation they caused to so many people which has reverberated nonstop for the last 15 years, unremittingly.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 99069
Forum Reputation : 21

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 8:25 am

Any link to a stream of any kind? Can't order to Australia apparently.
Back to top Go down
iceflames

Contribution Points : 94888

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 1:19 pm

I uploaded some pictures that were shown in the documentary (also some Lauren Townsend pictures from a CNN segment and a former website): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also some things said by family members: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There was no Steven Curnow because his family did not participate.
Back to top Go down
philosopher_king

philosopher_king

Contribution Points : 101872
Forum Reputation : 8

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 7:24 pm

thedragonrampant wrote:
I wish there was a way for me to watch this one -- I've been wanting to, but official/unofficial channels don't have it available for me over here just yet. Looks like I'll have to wait. Smile

You could always use Hola Unblocker to access the video. It is downloadable for anyone to use.
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95604
Forum Reputation : 24

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 7:48 pm

I cant watch it either and I want it so bad, I will try with what philosopher_king recommended in the last post. Hope it works

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
jettfyre80

Contribution Points : 94785

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 5:09 am

Wonderful movie! I loved it.

Contribution Points : 102156

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 9:08 am

Very moving movie. John Tomlin's mother seemed still very emotional about the whole thing, while I thought Lauren Townsend's step-mother made some compelling comments. It's good to see they are/were doing okay after Columbine.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 2:11 am

Used a proxy in the end. Amazing video, the very start was very moving and powerful!
Back to top Go down
gutenfxckintag

Contribution Points : 93154
Forum Reputation : 8

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 8:04 pm

It's kind of sad to watch the Virginia tech part and hear how they hope these shootings don't happen again knowing this film was made before Aurora and Sandy Hook.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 9:36 am

Much appreciated to the person who uploaded this.
Back to top Go down
paradisedreams

paradisedreams

Contribution Points : 84936

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 2:56 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:

Much appreciated to the person who uploaded this.

No problem. <3 I tried to upload it a few months ago on my old youtube account, but it was blocked worldwide almost instantly. Apparently the background music is owned by some Orchard music company that's been a common problem on youtube lately? Really weird.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 2:59 am

paradisedreams wrote:
No problem. <3 I tried to upload it a few months ago on my old youtube account, but it was blocked worldwide almost instantly. Apparently the background music is owned by some Orchard music company that's been a common problem on youtube lately? Really weird.
May I ask how you were able to get this? I've been trying to find a way to download the Columbine memorial service video on the C-SPAN website for months now, so I can add it to my collection.
Back to top Go down
paradisedreams

paradisedreams

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 6:28 pm

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
paradisedreams wrote:
May I ask how you were able to get this? I've been trying to find a way to download the Columbine memorial service video on the C-SPAN website for months now, so I can add it to my collection.

I got it straight from Hulu using something called 'Playlater'. Playlater allows you to 'record' things from Hulu (and other big websites) to your computer. Although, they do give you a warning that if you distribute it (like on torrents and most likely youtube too) your Playlater account can be permanently banned - even though you payed. But it was a risk I was willing to take, I guess? My only intention was/is to let people outside of the US watch it without you guys having to go find some IP changer, or something like that, just so you can access it on Hulu. Which has dreadfully long AD's, anyways.

On another note - I did cut out the beginning part where they show the families at the memorial in the summer of 2006 (And Lauren Townsend's mom & Bill Clinton speaking.) Because I thought maybe something during that first part caused it to blocked worldwide upon upload. Which I now realize probably wasn't the case. I can upload it separately if anyone is interested.
I apologize if this sounds like a giant rambling mess! I'm sure you wanted this giant novel explaining every single detail. ;)

(edit: I realize I didn't even answer your question! I can try to download and upload that C-SPAN video to youtube for you.)
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 10:19 pm

paradisedreams wrote:
I got it straight from Hulu using something called 'Playlater'. Playlater allows you to 'record' things from Hulu (and other big websites) to your computer. Although, they do give you a warning that if you distribute it (like on torrents and most likely youtube too) your Playlater account can be permanently banned - even though you payed. But it was a risk I was willing to take, I guess? My only intention was/is to let people outside of the US watch it without you guys having to go find some IP changer, or something like that, just so you can access it on Hulu. Which has dreadfully long AD's, anyways.

On another note - I did cut out the beginning part where they show the families at the memorial in the summer of 2006 (And Lauren Townsend's mom & Bill Clinton speaking.) Because I thought maybe something during that first part caused it to blocked worldwide upon upload. Which I now realize probably wasn't the case. I can upload it separately if anyone is interested.
I apologize if this sounds like a giant rambling mess! I'm sure you wanted this giant novel explaining every single detail. ;)

(edit: I realize I didn't even answer your question! I can try to download and upload that C-SPAN video to youtube for you.)
It is notoriously hard to get some of these videos, as I am outside the US. Yes please try to rip and upload it to Youtube. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 12:15 am

If you are using Google Chrome you can ad an extension called AdBlock and it gets rid of virtually all Ads. It is very simple to add to your Google Chrome account and it doesn't cost any money. It is very safe to use (if you're worried about adding extensions/downloads to your computer).

It gets rid of ALL YouTube ads, it gets rid of all those annoying ads/pop ups when you use sites like PutLocker and MegaShare. And it also gets rid of ads when watching channels like NBC (I use NBC.com to watch The Voice and I never have to sit through an advertisement). I am sure it would work with Hulu as well. I used to have Hulu and Netflix but got rid of them because I can watch just about everything that they offer online for free and with the AdBlocker it makes viewing things online so much easier.

And it also gets rid of annoying ads that pop up when you're trying to read articles. I'll tell you that my online experience has been so much better since adding the AdBlocker to my Google Chrome account.

I'm pretty sure it only works on Chrome though. Other providers like Firefox and Explorer may offer some type of Ad Blocker but the one I am referring to which is simply called 'AdBlock' is just for Google Chrome.

The one and only site that I have to disable the AdBlock for is CBS.com. I use CBS to watch Survivor and it won't allow me to watch it unless I disable the ad block for that page. Other than CBS, I've been able to use it everywhere else.

Back to top Go down
paradisedreams

paradisedreams

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 12:18 am

Jenn wrote:

If you are using Google Chrome you can ad an extension called AdBlock and it gets rid of virtually all Ads. It is very simple to add to your Google Chrome account and it doesn't cost any money. It is very safe to use (if you're worried about adding extensions/downloads to your computer).

It gets rid of ALL YouTube ads, it gets rid of all those annoying ads/pop ups when you use sites like PutLocker and MegaShare. And it also gets rid of ads when watching channels like NBC (I use NBC.com to watch The Voice and I never have to sit through an advertisement). I am sure it would work with Hulu as well. I used to have Hulu and Netflix but got rid of them because I can watch just about everything that they offer online for free and with the AdBlocker it makes viewing things online so much easier.

And it also gets rid of annoying ads that pop up when you're trying to read articles. I'll tell you that my online experience has been so much better since adding the AdBlocker to my Google Chrome account.

I'm pretty sure it only works on Chrome though. Other providers like Firefox and Explorer may offer some type of Ad Blocker but the one I am referring to which is simply called 'AdBlock' is just for Google Chrome.

The one and only site that I have disable it the AdBlock for is CBS.com. I use CBS to watch Survivor and it won't allow me to watch it unless I disable the ad block for that page. Other than CBS, I've been able to use it everywhere else.

I actually do have it already. But it never works for Hulu for some reason? Thanks, though! :/
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 12:22 am

paradisedreams wrote:
Jenn wrote:

The one and only site that I have disable it the AdBlock for is CBS.com. I use CBS to watch Survivor and it won't allow me to watch it unless I disable the ad block for that page. Other than CBS, I've been able to use it everywhere else.

I actually do have it already. But it never works for Hulu for some reason? Thanks, though! :/

Oh, that's a shame because it really is a great option to have. I haven't used Hulu in quite sometime so I wasn't sure if it would work for that site or not. Sorry to hear that it doesn't.

Back to top Go down
paradisedreams

paradisedreams

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 2:14 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
paradisedreams wrote:

It is notoriously hard to get some of these videos, as I am outside the US. Yes please try to rip and upload it to Youtube. Very Happy

Here you go. Smile
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 2:42 am

Thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 12:18 am

This is an amazing documentary. Watching Lauren Townsend's mom say "I should have known, the earth should've shaken" to denote her daughter's death really gets to me. Hearing Corey DePooter's voice and putting it to his picture, seeing Daniel Mauser's bemusement at being filmed before going to France...

We're all here because Columbine was a pivotal and fascinating event in American history. But it bugs me that often people's fascination becomes a sort of fandom of Klebold and Harris, despite the frequent protests that they "don't condone what they did." Go ahead and tell me how troubled they were. How troubled are the 15 families who lost their loved ones because of their callous and incredibly selfish actions? For all the talk I've seen about how smart Eric and Dylan were, I've seen comparatively little about how foolish and short-sighted they were.

Klebold and Harris don't deserve tumblr fans. They do deserve their own remembrance as people; people with their own struggles and families that mourn, but to lose sight of the fact that they willingly murdered innocent people in the process is asinine. I've seen threads like "why didn't they kill more?" that are both sort of academic questions about the massacre but also incredibly callous about those that did die; as if their deaths are just a statistic. Ditto for the fan artwork that depicts Eric and Dylan as badasses, which IMO misses the point entirely. This movie shows why that line of thinking is dumb. Ultimately, whatever you say about the failures of society or the culpability of Luvox, the notion of psychopathy or the climate of bullying at CHS, Eric and Dylan willingly chose to kill people and break the hearts of numerous families.

What the fuck is so admirable about that? I don't begrudge anyone interest in the case. But it's lame to say the least that SOME (certainly not all to be fair) want to have their cake and eat it too on the subject of Harris and Klebold.
Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

Contribution Points : 87182
Forum Reputation : 70

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 4:17 am

I get really angry when I see all those Facebook pages for them. They post pictures with text saying how they are handsome all over them, but I'm sure everyone's seen stuff like that before. Fan-girls (and the odd guy) really irk me :/.

Contribution Points : 81566

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 2:38 pm

I love this documentary. It's beautiful and humane, it nearly made me cry, but in the end I felt happy, because I saw the families were able to be happy after all.

They had found peace - like Kelly Fleming's mother as she is smiling in her car, talking about the angel she saw in the old library windows.

There are many warm smiles in this documentary. This is a documentary about hope (as is the new library's name).

We are used to seeing the Scott family way too much (pushing their own agenda and making Rachel a martyr), so it was really refreshing to see the others, too. The Kechters seemed down-to-earth. Corey DePooter's and Kyle Velasquez's mothers' words were truly touching. I liked how John Tomlin's mother laughed about the fact that his son's first word was "ca-r".

After a decade, they still had so much love for their children and so vivid memories of them.

For me (and I think for all of us) this was the first time hearing Dave Sanders' voice and Corey's voice. The clips were short, but they still made them more three-dimensional. It's amazing that after 16 years - seeing their photos and reading about them, knowing how they died - they came to life like this. We also see Lauren Townsend dancing.

Before we've seen and heard Rachel Scott, Cassie Bernall and Daniel Mauser (tell me if I forgot someone). Daniel Rohrbough also appears in some of Rachel's videos.

If I'm not mistaken, the Curnow family was the only one not participating in the documentary. I wonder how they are doing today.

Last edited by John Denver on Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 98333
Forum Reputation : 440

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 2:43 pm

I dunno, I didn't think it was especially interesting. But then again, the subject matter is tough to deal with - you don't want to offend the victims parents or their memries, but you can easily end up sugar-coating the persons involved.

I did like the fact taht the people making the documentary didn't attempt to mash this into some sort of coherent artifical message. Each family was allowed to speak their minds, even if their beliefs contradicted one another. I think this made teh documentary feel genuine and down-to-earth, which was good.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 97091
Forum Reputation : 52

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 3:23 am

To be fair, its only the opinion of those like yourself that say they don't deserve tumblrs about them and fans, if you want to call their sympathizers that. People like myself disagree and I don't think that just because we are in the minority it makes our opinions and feelings invalid.

joeyjoejoe wrote:
This is an amazing documentary. Watching Lauren Townsend's mom say "I should have known, the earth should've shaken" to denote her daughter's death really gets to me. Hearing Corey DePooter's voice and putting it to his picture, seeing Daniel Mauser's bemusement at being filmed before going to France...

We're all here because Columbine was a pivotal and fascinating event in American history. But it bugs me that often people's fascination becomes a sort of fandom of Klebold and Harris, despite the frequent protests that they "don't condone what they did." Go ahead and tell me how troubled they were. How troubled are the 15 families who lost their loved ones because of their callous and incredibly selfish actions? For all the talk I've seen about how smart Eric and Dylan were, I've seen comparatively little about how foolish and short-sighted they were.

Klebold and Harris don't deserve tumblr fans. They do deserve their own remembrance as people; people with their own struggles and families that mourn, but to lose sight of the fact that they willingly murdered innocent people in the process is asinine. I've seen threads like "why didn't they kill more?" that are both sort of academic questions about the massacre but also incredibly callous about those that did die; as if their deaths are just a statistic. Ditto for the fan artwork that depicts Eric and Dylan as badasses, which IMO misses the point entirely. This movie shows why that line of thinking is dumb. Ultimately, whatever you say about the failures of society or the culpability of Luvox, the notion of psychopathy or the climate of bullying at CHS, Eric and Dylan willingly chose to kill people and break the hearts of numerous families.

What the fuck is so admirable about that? I don't begrudge anyone interest in the case. But it's lame to say the least that SOME (certainly not all to be fair) want to have their cake and eat it too on the subject of Harris and Klebold.
Back to top Go down

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 2:43 am

Yes, people like me think murdering people is bad. I would definitely call some of their tumblr sympathizers fans. You're entitled to whatever opinions you wish. Am I one of those posters who has been hurting your feelings lately?
Back to top Go down

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 12:09 pm

Thanks so much for uploading this I would have never found it anywhere in Australia. I liked it it was just a whole other perspective on it. Through my research of columbine I have learnt so much about Eric and Dylan and why and when etc but I really didn't know too much about the victims. It was really insightful and sad to see their families memories and just how they've gotten through it all. It was a good documentary changed some of my thoughts and added a whole other side to my thinking.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 97091
Forum Reputation : 52

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 8:26 pm

Nobody here has ever said that killing people was a good thing. You won't hear many sympathizers saying it either, although as with any group of people there is a less desirable element who goes against most of the group.

And although I sincerely doubt, you care about my feelings, no they weren't hurt. My objections had nothing to do with hurt feelings, but rather respect that was given that wasn't given in return .

joeyjoejoe wrote:
Yes, people like me think murdering people is bad. I would definitely call some of their tumblr sympathizers fans. You're entitled to whatever opinions you wish. Am I one of those posters who has been hurting your feelings lately?
Back to top Go down

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 8:54 pm

Well, I'm glad I didn't hurt your feelings, because it wasn't my intention. I don't think I was being disrespectful, but you don't have to agree with me there. To me, it logically follows that if murdering people is obviously bad, glorifying it is too. My initial post was merely referring to some I've seen on the internet who clearly admire Harris and Klebold for what they did, but then profess not to sanction their actions, which I find dubious. I'd like to stress I'm not necessarily referring to you, because frankly I have only seen a few of your posts. I'd also add that being civil toward people with different opinions isn't the same thing as respecting them, because respect is something people give to those they deem have earned it. So ya know, have a good day.
Back to top Go down
Gonz

Gonz

Contribution Points : 85515
Forum Reputation : 50

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 7:56 am

I watched it last night and I can say that it's one of the saddest things I've ever seen. Corey's mom washing his grave, Kelly's parents with the alien inflatable she blew up 16 years ago… Sad
Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 75494

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 12:44 pm

Found it on youtube.

You still have to bust out your credit card, though.

Back to top Go down
myshame

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 6:00 pm

The interview with Isaiah's aunt made me cry. Just seeing the tear fall down her face, but she kept on talking. It just made me realize how horrible Isiah's death really was.
Back to top Go down
myshame

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 6:39 pm

Kind of weird how they avoided having the faces of the two Columbine killers in the documentary, but then they showed the Virginia Tech killer.
Back to top Go down
myshame

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 6:50 pm

It was really surprising to hear Angela Sanders say "They're victims too" about the two killers.
Back to top Go down
Lucy

Lucy

Contribution Points : 66894

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 7:05 am

Does anyone have this document and can I send it? I live in Poland and is not available to me (please

Sponsored content

13 Families  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    13 Families  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

13 Families
Page 1 of 1