Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Russian Teen Suicide Group

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 83967
Forum Reputation : 63

Russian Teen Suicide Group Empty
PostSubject: Russian Teen Suicide Group   Russian Teen Suicide Group Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 9:06 am

It's been once, two times, and then eventually more than three times, and then a literal page dedicated to it on Tumblr where I have read about teenagers in majority in Russia who decide to take their own lives, and everytime before they do they announce it on online, and take selfies, etc. Does anyone else know about this? So then it came up that there's actually an active online group or community whatsoever where teens collide with the desire to commit suicide. I mean, that's morbid. It's certainly not the first time I've heard about these sort of things, it's usually in foreign movies though with this sort of Idk how to say it, inspiration? content? But this year there's actually an active suicide group out there and it's based in Russia. More can be read here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Someone save these kids.

"It was a story that sent shivers down every Russian parent's spine. Over the course of six months, 130 teenagers across the country were reported to have killed themselves under the influence of suicide masterminds operating within the social network VKontakte.

Novaya Gazeta, the liberal weekly newspaper that published the story, claimed mysterious "leaders" had created a whole network of closed public communities. The predators challenged school kids with creepy puzzles and assigned "death dates" to those successful in solving them. When the dates came around, children, cleverly manipulated into playing the game, committed suicide. The investigation found that group administrators have been "systematically and consistently working to step-by-step push the children" to death.

"Children are being worked on in social networks, pushed closer and closer to the edge, and this work is systematic and carefully planned," the article claimed.

The story — titled "Groups of Death" — immediately received more than 1.5 million hits, and sparked a media storm. Some commentators accused Novaya Gazeta of exaggerating the problem, and expressed fear that the story would only inspire authorities to impose more restrictions on the Internet, the standard reaction nowadays."

NEXT STEP UP likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sanitater

Sanitater

Contribution Points : 8642
Forum Reputation : 223

Russian Teen Suicide Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russian Teen Suicide Group   Russian Teen Suicide Group Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2024 11:42 pm

cutting myself for kosta (((

Russian Teen Suicide Group
Page 1 of 1