Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold

Go down 
+14
jada887
Spac3case
Falco
Draw_It_White
Kiwik
PaintItBlack
Freezingmoon
Magnaphoria
sscc
aquillina
Moonshadow
spinvault
Lizpuff
shades
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
shades

shades


Posts : 2382
Contribution Points : 68336
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 5:26 pm

That's why I said that low-key Dylan was selfish cause he sorta dragged Eric into his ultimate suicide-plan and the bombing/murder was Eric's desire which Dylan willingly helped his friend execute.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

Kiwik


Posts : 325
Contribution Points : 62801
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2016-04-10

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 6:29 pm

I recently started seeing E&D's planning and executing of NBK as 2 kids who were paired up to do a school project together. You always have the one kid who does pretty much all the work planning, researching and building the project, and the other kid who has good ideas to contribute but kinda slacks through the whole thing but steps up when you have to present it.

Eric had plenty of likeable traits and was such a Loyal person. It seems like if he valued you he probably would have done anything for you. I think he was someone who didnt like to let others down. This might be where some of his anger came from. I was a lot like this as a teenager, and overly loyal people can often be easily used and taken advantage of. I think that with all of the moving his family did and him always having to change schools just kinda threw him off, and he had a hard time adjusting. This could be why he had trouble making friends.

Dylan also had plenty of likeable traits. He was so laid back and seemingly easygoing. Personally I get along better with mellow people. Those that knew him claimed he was easy to approach and some even described him as a pacifist. He seemed like someone who would have been fun to hang out with.

Both of them equally had their flaws like anyone else. Their arrogance would have been a big roadblock for me haha. As a teenager I probably would have been more drawn to Dylan first, mainly because of his taste in music and laid back personality. On a superficial level, I was somewhat part of and pretty into the "skater" crowd at that age and he *kinda* looked the part at least. But in getting to know them I probably would have been better friends with Eric. I shared traits with both of them as a teenager, but Eric would have been someone I could share all my teenage hardships with (and vise versa), who would probably be more interested in going out and doing things instead of just "hangning out" somewhere. He was open and honest (not including he and Dylan hiding nbk from everyone). And again on a superficial level, if he actually had two different colored eyes I would have been drawn to him regardless haha.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

shades


Posts : 2382
Contribution Points : 68336
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 6:49 pm

Kiwik wrote:
I recently started seeing E&D's planning and executing of NBK as 2 kids who were paired up to do a school project together. You always have the one kid who does pretty much all the work planning, researching and building the project, and the other kid who has good ideas to contribute but kinda slacks through the whole thing but steps up when you have to present it.

Eric had plenty of likeable traits and was such a Loyal person. It seems like if he valued you he probably would have done anything for you. I think he was someone who didnt like to let others down. This might be where some of his anger came from. I was a lot like this as a teenager, and overly loyal people can often be easily used and taken advantage of. I think that with all of the moving his family did and him always having to change schools just kinda threw him off, and he had a hard time adjusting. This could be why he had trouble making friends.

Dylan also had plenty of likeable traits. He was so laid back and seemingly easygoing. Personally I get along better with mellow people. Those that knew him claimed he was easy to approach and some even described him as a pacifist. He seemed like someone who would have been fun to hang out with.

Both of them equally had their flaws like anyone else. Their arrogance would have been a big roadblock for me haha. As a teenager I probably would have been more drawn to Dylan first, mainly because of his taste in music and laid back personality. On a superficial level, I was somewhat part of and pretty into the "skater" crowd at that age and he *kinda* looked the part at least. But in getting to know them I probably would have been better friends with Eric. I shared traits with both of them as a teenager, but Eric would have been someone I could share all my teenage hardships with (and vise versa), who would probably be more interested in going out and doing things instead of just "hangning out" somewhere. He was open and honest (not including he and Dylan hiding nbk from everyone). And again on a superficial level, if he actually had two different colored eyes I would have been drawn to him regardless haha.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

shades


Posts : 2382
Contribution Points : 68336
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 6:53 pm

Dylan is the type of guy people are drawn to because he has his own aesthetic, he was grungy, taller, laidback, the dreamer mellow dude, so you hang out a few times, as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] said, eventually when you get to know Eric, you'd appreciate him more and if you have thoughts or you like intellectual conversations you can have it with him. If you don't mind dry jokes or a few complaints here and there then Eric's the guy hahaha. But yeah, I appreciate his loyalty and dedication too and if he liked you I'll say you've found a good one.

Dylan's the guy for the lazy nights out under the stars and Eric's the guy for a mission wrecking things and going on the run.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

Kiwik


Posts : 325
Contribution Points : 62801
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2016-04-10

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 7:09 pm

Forgot to add Eric's appreciation for nature, his fascination with the night sky. Most teenagers are into materialistic superficial things and don't see that far past their own small spaces, and overlook the natural world. It's a shame neither of them could find others that appreciated or shared these things that were important to them. Could have steered them in a different direction.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

shades


Posts : 2382
Contribution Points : 68336
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 7:25 pm

Kiwik wrote:
Forgot to add Eric's appreciation for nature, his fascination with the night sky. Most teenagers are into materialistic superficial things and don't see that far past their own small spaces, and overlook the natural world. It's a shame neither of them could find others that appreciated or shared these things that were important to them. Could have steered them in a different direction.
Do you think it's a result of where they were? Conventional Littleton, in Columbine High? Say if they were in another school and they found the right group of friends, girls they could continue seeing, people thought their interests were cool. Would it have bucked things up abit? Or was it not the place but it was their minds?

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina




Posts : 383
Contribution Points : 61998
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-05-25

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 8:48 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Kiwik wrote:
Forgot to add Eric's appreciation for nature, his fascination with the night sky. Most teenagers are into materialistic superficial things and don't see that far past their own small spaces, and overlook the natural world. It's a shame neither of them could find others that appreciated or shared these things that were important to them. Could have steered them in a different direction.
Do you think it's a result of where they were? Conventional Littleton, in Columbine High? Say if they were in another school and they found the right group of friends, girls they could continue seeing, people thought their interests were cool. Would it have bucked things up abit? Or was it not the place but it was their minds?

I'd say it could have been a combination of both. The environment they lived in probably contributed to their mental instabilities and it only got worse. I would also believe that Eric and Dylan wasted too much time and effort pursuing the wrong kind of girls.

_________________
I have nothing to live for, & I won't be able to survive in this world. However, if it was true that you loved me as I do you,... I would find a way to survive. Anything to be with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

Kiwik


Posts : 325
Contribution Points : 62801
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2016-04-10

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 10:06 pm

aquillina wrote:
ultraviolencelv wrote:
Kiwik wrote:
Forgot to add Eric's appreciation for nature, his fascination with the night sky. Most teenagers are into materialistic superficial things and don't see that far past their own small spaces, and overlook the natural world. It's a shame neither of them could find others that appreciated or shared these things that were important to them. Could have steered them in a different direction.
Do you think it's a result of where they were? Conventional Littleton, in Columbine High? Say if they were in another school and they found the right group of friends, girls they could continue seeing, people thought their interests were cool. Would it have bucked things up abit? Or was it not the place but it was their minds?

I'd say it could have been a combination of both. The environment they lived in probably contributed to their mental instabilities and it only got worse. I would also believe that Eric and Dylan wasted too much time and effort pursuing the wrong kind of girls.

I agree with this. I think a lot of things factored into this. It didn't help that they lived in a small town where the majority of the residents had a very closed minded mentality, and from what I understand were kinda pushy with religion. Plus not all teenagers are self aware or even aware of what's going on in the lives of those around them, and they shouldn't be expected to be. I think E&D would have benefited from help from adults who have been where they were, learned from their experiences and gained perspective from it. I don't think other teenagers could have helped them unless they found some very mature, wise beyond their years old soul types who "got" them haha. Its possible that if they had gone to other schools they would have found more like-minded people or been more accepted, but of those schools were in the same area it's likely they would have run tnto similar problems.

nochcherna likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

Kiwik


Posts : 325
Contribution Points : 62801
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2016-04-10

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 10:11 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:


Dylan's the guy for the lazy nights out under the stars and Eric's the guy for a mission wrecking things and going on the run.

BTW both of these sound like a blast haha

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina




Posts : 383
Contribution Points : 61998
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-05-25

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 11:26 pm

Kiwik wrote:
ultraviolencelv wrote:


Dylan's the guy for the lazy nights out under the stars and Eric's the guy for a mission wrecking things and going on the run.

BTW both of these sound like a blast haha

Oh yeah I would so go on a date with either one of them. HeeHee

_________________
I have nothing to live for, & I won't be able to survive in this world. However, if it was true that you loved me as I do you,... I would find a way to survive. Anything to be with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

shades


Posts : 2382
Contribution Points : 68336
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 12:05 am

I mean honestly after a couple of discussions, be it if it's in hindsight or not, I've always thought to myself that there's nothing completely wrong with the boys. In fact they're just like any other teenage guys if not better with how stable their lives were, how smart they were, they were funny, they probably looked better than most guys, they had potential...I really wished I knew why. Why couldn't they have sat back and thought about everything they should be grateful for, that everyone else goes through the same amount of insecurity and self-esteem issues, just a little bit more time to get the hell out of there and prosper to a young adult. Why the hell not? But who am I to say. The fault in their minds or the wiring of their brains didn't do them justice. If they felt they were doomed, no one could help them.

Unfortunately with their sense of entitlement it caused them to view the world like it did not treat them the way they should be or give them what they wanted, they are angry at everyone like it was everybody's fault, and yet they snap back to the other realisation where they end up hating themselves and kicking themselves for not being enough.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

Kiwik


Posts : 325
Contribution Points : 62801
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2016-04-10

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 12:51 am

A lot of it just boils down to basic teenage emotions I guess. You really don't have a whole lot of life experience at that age. They don't have the perspective to compare their lives to others'.

For example, one thing that really bothers me about Eric is how he had such a hard time dealing with loss. His family moving so much and him having to leave all his friends behind against his will really seemed to traumatize him. He himself described it as the worst feeling in the world. If he was so affected by leaving people behind and never being able to see them again, imagine how traumatizing it would be for him if someone he cared about passed away. I imagine him handling that far worse than just moving away from his friends. He even was frantic over his dog being sick and being worried that he would pass away.

I guess the point in trying to make is you would think for someone who was sensitive enough to be traumatized by loss, how could he go on to inflict that pain on others - including his own family, who he did seem to care about? I don't think he ever experienced the loss of anyone important to him due to death. I think if he knew personally how ultimately painful It is to mourn a death, he might have had second thoughts about nbk. It kinda goes to show the lack of perspective they had, and what most people with similar life experiences have at that age.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

shades


Posts : 2382
Contribution Points : 68336
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 1:29 am

Kiwik wrote:
For example, one thing that really bothers me about Eric is how he had such a hard time dealing with loss. His family moving so much and him having to leave all his friends behind against his will really seemed to traumatize him. He himself described it as the worst feeling in the world. If he was so affected by leaving people behind and never being able to see them again, imagine how traumatizing it would be for him if someone he cared about passed away. I imagine him handling that far worse than just moving away from his friends. He even was frantic over his dog being sick and being worried that he would pass away.

I guess the point in trying to make is you would think for someone who was sensitive enough to be traumatized by loss, how could he go on to inflict that pain on others - including his own family, who he did seem to care about? I don't think he ever experienced the loss of anyone important to him due to death. I think if he knew personally how ultimately painful It is to mourn a death, he might have had second thoughts about nbk. It kinda goes to show the lack of perspective they had, and what most people with similar life experiences have at that age.

That's perfect. Thank you.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 2:49 am

EDITED


Last edited by explicit on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shades

shades


Posts : 2382
Contribution Points : 68336
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 7:46 am

Thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I like your insight.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White


Posts : 1113
Contribution Points : 86643
Forum Reputation : 104
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 38
Location : England

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2016 10:29 pm

Have we not had it confirmed that Dylan did stink? I wouldn't be surprised if he was always walking round in that coat and his big boots - especially in the summer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

shades


Posts : 2382
Contribution Points : 68336
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 10:23 am

Lol I said before that Dylan might have stunk, or had a distinct smell at least, and his friends got so used to it that it didn't bother them esp Eric.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falco

Falco


Posts : 299
Contribution Points : 75257
Forum Reputation : 45
Join date : 2014-09-13
Location : Melbourne, Australia.

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 12:13 pm

If I were to meet the two of them in my school I would probably see Eric as arrogant and ignorant.

I would probably stay aware from him and avoid conflict with him, I know afew people that remind me of him and I have done those things for them.

As for Dylan, I would probably be friendly towards him, if he was weird and awkward I would ignore it and be friendly. I know people like that as well and thats how I would react.

In relation to the proper question I think that Dylan to me seems more likable because he is sorta like that kid that things didn't go his way. As for Eric I see him as that kid that always wanted things to go his way but when they didn't things got messy.

I don't know what people who admire or take some sort of interest into them would think but from a researcher and purely researchers aspect I feel as if Dylan is the more likable one for the above reasons.

If you sympathized with them then maybe you might like Eric more as he has a lot of things to be sympathetic for.

_________________
*insert Columbine related quote here*

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2678
Contribution Points : 84725
Forum Reputation : 1140
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 34

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 2:36 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
Have we not had it confirmed that Dylan did stink? I wouldn't be surprised if he was always walking round in that coat and his big boots - especially in the summer

He may have. His mother stated he was clean and if she did his laundry his clothing was probably clean. His hair did look pretty grubby though. We know he had cleaner fingernails than Eric though on the 20
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina




Posts : 383
Contribution Points : 61998
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-05-25

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 5:04 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
Have we not had it confirmed that Dylan did stink? I wouldn't be surprised if he was always walking round in that coat and his big boots - especially in the summer
Well if you count the nicotine then there's really not much left to explain.

_________________
I have nothing to live for, & I won't be able to survive in this world. However, if it was true that you loved me as I do you,... I would find a way to survive. Anything to be with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

shades


Posts : 2382
Contribution Points : 68336
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 5:07 pm

Dylan must've smelt like nicotine/weed, natural hair grease and that musky men B.O that's not too terrible but just the kind you can get a whiff off of a t-shirt that hasn't been washed in two days.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moonshadow

Moonshadow


Posts : 218
Contribution Points : 60506
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-07-04

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 7:16 pm

I wonder why so many people assume that Dylan had poor personal hygiene. (Not that I am convinced that he was absolutely neat and clean, just wondering.)
Yes, his hair looked untidy, but it was because he had just begun to grow it out - in this "already not short, but not long yet" phase, one's hair can look really messy. No matter how often you wash it. I experienced it myself.
But has anyone - who knew him in person - mentioned that he had an unpleasant body smell? At least, I haven't read about it.
Big boots and long coat at summertime - oh yeah, it is a common problem for dark souls (sorry for the irony, I experienced this problem too.) But is it really true that Dylan insisted on wearing these items, even when the weather was hot? Does Mrs.Klebold write anything about it? (It is more than possible that I failed to read the necessary docs.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

shades


Posts : 2382
Contribution Points : 68336
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 7:31 pm

I think I have read somewhere that classmates thought he had bad personal hygiene because of how he looked so, you're getting somewhere. Someone could just look grubby but they aren't. I haven't read an account yet that said he straight up stank.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moonshadow

Moonshadow


Posts : 218
Contribution Points : 60506
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-07-04

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 7:35 pm

Awwwww, this says so much about prejudices. complaint
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White


Posts : 1113
Contribution Points : 86643
Forum Reputation : 104
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 38
Location : England

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 10:34 pm

I'm absolutely certain there were reports about him smelling foisty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina




Posts : 383
Contribution Points : 61998
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-05-25

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 10:38 pm

Seriously this conversation is really starting to crack me up. Haha

_________________
I have nothing to live for, & I won't be able to survive in this world. However, if it was true that you loved me as I do you,... I would find a way to survive. Anything to be with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

Kiwik


Posts : 325
Contribution Points : 62801
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2016-04-10

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 2:37 am

I think there are actual accounts from witnesses stating that Dylan had dirty/greasy hair. As far as smell goes, I read reports that several people confused Dylan with another kid named Robert Perry, who supposedly did have bad hygene. They said Robert Perry smelled like B.O. and apparently also had bad skin and teeth, so that could be where the bad smell rumor started?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack


Posts : 1656
Contribution Points : 85191
Forum Reputation : 52
Join date : 2014-02-12
Age : 36

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 3:06 am

Moonshadow wrote:
I wonder why so many people assume that Dylan had poor personal hygiene. (Not that I am convinced that he was absolutely neat and clean, just wondering.)
Yes, his hair looked untidy, but it was because he had just begun to grow it out - in this "already not short, but not long yet" phase, one's hair can look really messy. No matter how often you wash it. I experienced it myself.
But has anyone - who knew him in person - mentioned that he had an unpleasant body smell? At least, I haven't read about it.
Big boots and long coat at summertime - oh yeah, it is a common problem for dark souls (sorry for the irony, I experienced this problem too.) But is it really true that Dylan insisted on wearing these items, even when the weather was hot? Does Mrs.Klebold write anything about it? (It is more than possible that I failed to read the necessary docs.)

His Mom said in her book that even thought she thought his hair looked unkempt that he always kept it clean.

_________________
We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

shades


Posts : 2382
Contribution Points : 68336
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is right. I am aware of the Robert Perry mix-up, so maybe the account of funky cold medina smell is robert and not Dylan.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina




Posts : 383
Contribution Points : 61998
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-05-25

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 6:52 am

Well I guess if you leave out the tobacco, Dylan smelled pretty natural as with any guy. I guess the scientific term for it would be pheromones?

_________________
I have nothing to live for, & I won't be able to survive in this world. However, if it was true that you loved me as I do you,... I would find a way to survive. Anything to be with you.


Last edited by aquillina on Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

shades


Posts : 2382
Contribution Points : 68336
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 6:58 am

aquillina wrote:
I guess the scientific term for it would be pheromones?

That, and Androstenol. "Androstenol is the scent produced by fresh male sweat, and is attractive to females." I love me a whiff of natural pheromones and androstenol LOL. No but really, men have a distinct natural odour of something like that and some more noticable than others. Does that mean they're more horny?

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

Kiwik


Posts : 325
Contribution Points : 62801
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2016-04-10

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 5:32 am

Wasn't someone on this board in contact with Brooks Brown's parents at one point? Maybe they can get the parents to ask Brooks if he remembers anything about Dylan having an unpleasant smell haha. I think that's probably as close to knowing as we're gonna get unless someone else here has connections to people who actually knew Dylan.

But honestly I still stand by the theory that the smelly Dylan rumors came from him looking like he had dirty hair and people confusing him with that Robert Perry guy. I actually looked up a picture of Robert, and he does share a very slight resemblance to Dylan. I could see where people confused the two, especially since they were supposedly both around the same height and build and had long hair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2678
Contribution Points : 84725
Forum Reputation : 1140
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 34

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 2:49 pm

I guess I feel like Dylan would be a bit smelly because of his laziness. Wearing the same clothes, smoking, maybe not showering or cutting his hair....

Perhaps he really was clean though. We will never know.

Poor Robert Perry was always picked on though. I feel terrible for him.

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

shades


Posts : 2382
Contribution Points : 68336
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 5:19 pm

I don't know if it's my imagination or not, but I think that time when brooks answered questions on tumblr- screenshots still online, didn't someone ask him what the boys smelled like and he said he didn't remember? As in I think someone asked him that actual question. But I could be making it up.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2678
Contribution Points : 84725
Forum Reputation : 1140
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 34

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 5:23 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
I don't know if it's my imagination or not, but I think that time when brooks answered questions on tumblr- screenshots still online, didn't someone ask him what the boys smelled like and he said he didn't remember? As in I think someone asked him that actual question. But I could be making it up.

Someone asked and I can't remember the exact answer but he was quite sarcastic in his reply so I wouldn't take it too seriously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

shades


Posts : 2382
Contribution Points : 68336
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 5:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] This thread. Scroll a little down, oh someone asked him what Eric smelled like and yup, sarcastic answer.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2678
Contribution Points : 84725
Forum Reputation : 1140
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 34

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 5:35 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] This thread. Scroll a little down, oh someone asked him what Eric smelled like and yup, sarcastic answer.

Ah right. Eric smelled like a huge sigh. He should know what he is in for opening a AMA on that site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

shades


Posts : 2382
Contribution Points : 68336
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 5:39 pm

Lol a huge sigh though. He's such an ass hahaha

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2678
Contribution Points : 84725
Forum Reputation : 1140
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 34

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 5:41 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Lol a huge sigh though. He's such an ass hahaha

He wants to be in the spotlight so he opens that AMA then gets annoyed when the fangirls want to ask him questions like that. I do find him hilarious sometimes though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aquillina




Posts : 383
Contribution Points : 61998
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-05-25

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 6:01 pm

Ya know I wonder if Sue realizes all the fangirls her late son has garnished. Do you think she would be amused and entertained or disgusted?

_________________
I have nothing to live for, & I won't be able to survive in this world. However, if it was true that you loved me as I do you,... I would find a way to survive. Anything to be with you.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2678
Contribution Points : 84725
Forum Reputation : 1140
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 34

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 6:08 pm

aquillina wrote:
Ya know I wonder if Sue realizes all the fangirls her late son has garnished. Do you think she would be amused and entertained or disgusted?

I am sure she knows about them. I doubt she gives it too much headspace but I would be uncomfortable with it if I was her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

shades


Posts : 2382
Contribution Points : 68336
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 6:12 pm

good question [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I suggest making a thread on that alone, up to you, cause I've yet to ponder about an answer.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

Kiwik


Posts : 325
Contribution Points : 62801
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2016-04-10

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 7:02 pm

I bet Eric smelled like laundry detergent. With his crisp tucked in shirts and hatred of stained up clothes haha

nochcherna and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moonshadow

Moonshadow


Posts : 218
Contribution Points : 60506
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-07-04

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 10:45 pm

Yeah. We know he hated people who don't believe in personal hygiene. Any other components than detergent? E.g. hair styling gel, deo spray, smell of ammunition or the metallic smell of weapons on his hands... anything?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

shades


Posts : 2382
Contribution Points : 68336
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 2:27 am

I think Eric smelled like detergent or fresh linen, and a whiff of soap perhaps? I think when you're next to him he just smelled fresh. Had to be linen and soap. He hardly smoked and he was a clean freak so, it was either from fresh linen to nothing. He might've smelled like nothing - some people are just like that haha. He looked so wet behind the ears hahah!

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

Kiwik


Posts : 325
Contribution Points : 62801
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2016-04-10

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 3:32 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I bet some of Eric's favorite smells were ammo and that metallic smell that you mentioned, but I doubt he himself smelled like that on a normal basis. I agree with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and assume based on his preferences and the tidy way he kept himself, he probably just smelled like clean laundry. Although I've read that he did have quite a messy room so he might not have been as squeaky clean as we assume.

Not gonna lie when I was a teenager I kept myself smelling fresh and had a slight problem with people that had poor hygene and smelled bad (and could help it), but my room was a total disaster!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moonshadow

Moonshadow


Posts : 218
Contribution Points : 60506
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-07-04

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 11:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] what else could I say? Just grinning cyclops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spac3case

Spac3case


Posts : 40
Contribution Points : 58551
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-09-02
Age : 31

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 7:42 am

I relate to Dylan more than I do eric. Eric's Journal is more enjoyable than Dylan's and his IMs with that one girl is almost scarily similar to how my IMs would be at that age. Like Im pretty sure ive had that exact same conversation with multiple people.

I really do think my "likability" is linked to which one I would rather be. Dylan also looked like more of a man. Eric didnt. Often the case when we were all in highschool. My looks in HS bother me a ton because I always looked like a boy. Which made me want to act out more.

For me Columbine was a place of comfort. As sick as it sounds its true. And now that Im older Columbine brings up a lot of questions about the outside world and about myself.

Im glad i never acted on those feelings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spac3case

Spac3case


Posts : 40
Contribution Points : 58551
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-09-02
Age : 31

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 7:58 am

Really both are relate-able just Dylan more so
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shades

shades


Posts : 2382
Contribution Points : 68336
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 8:34 am

Spac3case wrote:
For me Columbine was a place of comfort. As sick as it sounds its true. And now that Im older Columbine brings up a lot of questions about the outside world and about myself.

Same goes for me. Columbine has helped me grow somehow and learnt more about the issues of people, of life, loss and togetherness.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content





Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold memes.
» Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold memes.
» Did Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris exercise?
» My observations of Eric Harris & Dylan Klebold
» Murderous Minds: Dylan Klebold & Eric Harris

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: