Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold

Go down 
+13
jada887
Spac3case
Falco
Draw_It_White
Kiwik
PaintItBlack
Freezingmoon
sscc
aquillina
Moonshadow
spinvault
Lizpuff
shades
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Spac3case

Spac3case

Contribution Points : 73276
Forum Reputation : 0

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 6:45 am

Yes I agree. Columbine is a lot of things for me. More than all of that Columbine was true. It happened. Sometimes it still shocks me, looking at the pics of Eric and Dylan Im like..wait they ended up killing people and themselves. I wonder what they were thinking.

Maybe the same thing as the rest of us, they just had eachother to bounce that energy back and forth.
I dont think Eric would have done it if it werent for Dylan. And i dont think Dylan would have done it if it werent for Eric.

fascinating.
why did they do it? why have I found it so interesting for years?
good questions
Back to top Go down
aquillina

Contribution Points : 76723

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 2:01 pm

Spac3case wrote:

why did they do it?  why have I found it so interesting for years?
good questions

In the end we will never know all the answers why they did it. I feel as though Columbine was fated to happen and who knows how things could have been different.

shades

Contribution Points : 83247
Forum Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 2:27 pm

The reason why they did it isn't just one reason. It's a bunch of factors mixed in. It's a grey area and I've grown to accept that.
To understand Columbine is to be willing to learn more and more until we know the answers to a question right off the bat.

Spac3case

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 8:13 pm

Have you guys read Eric's Journal? I just finished it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 8:17 pm

Spac3case wrote:
Have you guys read Eric's Journal?  I just finished it.
Yeah, about 10 years ago...
Back to top Go down
Spac3case

Spac3case

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 8:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wow! thats a long time ago. you must have read them as soon as they came out
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 7:21 pm

I was a little bummed when I read that Eric hated saxophones/jazz music. He was funny with his angry commentary, but eh, he just hated so many things hahaha.

Spac3case

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 10:16 pm

LOL XD
thats pretty funny. Why were you bummed out?
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 4:22 am

Because jazz isn't bad lol...I know I know, musical tastes vary. But he was so mean about it, talking about he hates the way the musicians snap their fingers and do their dances hahah.

shades

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 4:22 am

If I were to know Eric back then we would clash with some of our interests so much hahahah.

Moonshadow

Contribution Points : 75231

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 12:36 pm

Ehhehhe, for me, it is a bit different: I have much in common with him (favourite things, interests, certain attitudes), but he had things that I absolutely refuse (radical right-wing views, supporting the death penalty.) So we would probably be either good friends, or loathe each other.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 99524
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 12:50 pm

Perhaps Eric really did like Jazz.....he could never keep his stories straight. He hated things then liked them all the time lol

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 12:58 pm

I think some of the things that Eric said he "hated", he hated them because he couldn't do those things or be part of those things. Just like dancing, he thought it was corny, sometimes it is, but maybe he just couldn't be part of the crowd who was just having fun and goofing off. For him to make observations around jazz music like that, I think he was intrigued by it and checked it out but he either really disliked it or, it made him hate it because it's not something he could be a part of.
Like what if he met a girl he liked who introduced him to these things and have him open up, wouldn't he feel good and liberated?

jada887

Contribution Points : 78878
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 9:06 pm

aquillina wrote:
Come to think of it, even Browns favored Dylan more than Eric.

Well, Eric did say he wanted to torture, as well as "shit" and "piss" all over his family. I don't think I could forgive that admission so easily.

As for likeability, I would have to say Dylan. He seemed more mellow and reserved than Eric. Eric was more of a live wire, who couldn't control himself.
Back to top Go down
abstractsmigs

abstractsmigs

Contribution Points : 75323

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 am

shades wrote:
Was it because that Eric was mostly honest and showed his true colours more than caused him to be less favoured? Because of his anger issues? Because he was vocal?

I actually find Eric more interesting, probably for these reasons. Ever sense I started researching Columbine I have had a stronger attachment to Eric's side of the story, I did not make a conscious decision about it, but that's just how my attention went. Honestly, it may have just come down to who I relate to the most, which for me would be Eric.

nochcherna and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2016 5:46 pm

I always thought Eric was more interesting. Maybe I can relate to him more. I find his military family background appealing, that he was angry, had discipline, was tidy, a bad boy maybe. Also I think he was cuter. Very Happy Maybe Dylan gets more "fans", because he seemed more like a victim, depressed, suicidal. People feel sorry for him, I think.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2016 6:35 pm

ditto on Eric. Always biased with him anyways. I feel like if I were in 1999 and met the both of 'em I would wanna know Eric more and listen to what he has to say, understand the things he enjoys doing.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 2:20 pm

shades wrote:
ditto on Eric. Always biased with him anyways. I feel like if I were in 1999 and met the both of 'em I would wanna know Eric more and listen to what he has to say, understand the things he enjoys doing.
Hehe like how you're biased with Eric, I'm biased with Dylan. If I ever met the boys I would listen to him but also give me the encouragement to feel more confident about himself.

Imperator

Contribution Points : 76595

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 7:32 pm

shades wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Why do you think Dylan is favoured more? and as an add on, who are You more biased with and through what aspect it is that you are?

Eric was far more vocal, at least after the fact through his journals. I think Cullen's portrayal has gone a long way in defining Eric and Dylan.  

As much as Eric bragged about being deceitful, he was really the more honest one.  I think his boasting of deceit was merely a way for him to compensate for not being that kind of person, for not truly being a liar.  Despite his arrest and van incident, I think his parents trusted him, his circle of friends did as well.  So that stands to reason why they trusted and believed him not that he was some suave silver tongued speaker.  I think he was resentful for being who he was as he knew who he was.

biased more towards Eric.  I can relate to Eric in many ways.  I was in the Marines (remember seeing this unfold on TV, brother was same graduating class as E & D).  Eric possess a lot of qualities I look for in people, I think he sought that as well in others.  I went to a HS that was similar to what took place at Columbine.  I think many HS's of that time period were like that.  However I don't recall any outright bullying like tampons dipped in ketchup thrown at others.  But it was very Jock cliquish and although I was a jock by virtue of playing football, built much like Eric and was never part of their inner circle.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 8:01 pm

Imperator wrote:
Eric was far more vocal, at least after the fact through his journals. I think Cullen's portrayal has gone a long way in defining Eric and Dylan.

As much as Eric bragged about being deceitful, he was really the more honest one. I think his boasting of deceit was merely a way for him to compensate for not being that kind of person, for not truly being a liar. Despite his arrest and van incident, I think his parents trusted him, his circle of friends did as well. So that stands to reason why they trusted and believed him not that he was some suave silver tongued speaker. I think he was resentful for being who he was as he knew who he was.

biased more towards Eric. I can relate to Eric in many ways. I was in the Marines (remember seeing this unfold on TV, brother was same graduating class as E & D). Eric possess a lot of qualities I look for in people, I think he sought that as well in others. I went to a HS that was similar to what took place at Columbine. I think many HS's of that time period were like that. However I don't recall any outright bullying like tampons dipped in ketchup thrown at others. But it was very Jock cliquish and although I was a jock by virtue of playing football, built much like Eric and was never part of their inner circle.

Absolutely perfect Imperator!

Imperator

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 9:39 pm

HA, not sure about perfect but Eric despite his end game would have been a successful and likable person. He was short sighted (as I can and have been). HS wasn't the end all, be all to life. His world would have opened up. Klebold on the other hand, as I think a nice of person could have been, would have likely suffered a similar fate. I think, without professional help, was doomed to a bullet to the head.

anna444 and Kalamity like this post

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 9:44 pm

The interesting thing is it took so long for him to take his own life. Honestly, I think he was cowardly to do so. Until he had a massacre plan with Eric it was then he had a reason, an obligation rather to kill himself. I definitely agree he was doomed regardless but would he kill himself on his own? He might not. I see him going through his college plans but eventually just being brooding and unhappy on the inside.

I know Eric had alot of potential too and he should've looked up better help for his rage and compulsiveness.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Imperator

Imperator

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 9:48 pm

I think Eric gave him the opportunity to take his own life.  He[Eric] was the right motivation.  Dylan wasn't motivated, Eric was (not to die necessarily).  

Dylan was lazy by all rights.  Eric planned this whole thing and Dylan used it.  Why he didn't kill himself sooner is anyone's guess.  I  think he would have eventually.  Eric, not so much.  

and I am by no means trying to bag on Dylan.  He needed help too.  

God rest all their souls.  I know the victims have peace, hope the perpetrators do as well.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 9:52 pm

Yes of course definitely. Rest all their souls.

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 2:31 am

It's still very sad the more I think about it. I still wish them peace wherever they are yet still how can they still be at peace.

Imperator

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 2:54 pm

aquillina wrote:
It's still very sad the more I think about it. I still wish them peace wherever they are yet still how can they still be at peace.

Boils down to a matter of beliefs.
Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 47570
Forum Reputation : 795

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 6:52 pm

The crazy 4chan psycho in me favors Eric, while the mental-health-focused snowflake in me favors Dylan. This is sadly the best allegory I could come up with.

Updated post, might have DID.

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.
Back to top Go down
venustriste

venustriste

Contribution Points : 15725

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2022 6:14 pm

i "prefer" dylan bc i feel connected to his story. when i read his diaries i found a lot in common with mine at that age and i could emphatize with him better than with eric. but yeah i see what you´re talking about, i see a lot of people who dislike eric bc he was a lot more vocal and people tend to find that "agressive"

PostSubject: Re: Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold   Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Likability: Eric Harris vs Dylan Klebold
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3