Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things

Go down 
+4
aquillina
Lizpuff
Jenn
shades
8 posters
AuthorMessage
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 82061
Forum Reputation : 38

Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Empty
PostSubject: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 10:06 am

An excerpt I took from Sue's book which is actually new to me, a very small detail but I thought was interesting.

Quote :
"We believed Dylan had left absolutely no trace behind to explain his actions. The investigators had already told us he'd erased the hard drive on his computer, and they had taken from his room everything that might have given us insight into Dylan's frame of mind. We had searched and searched for a note. I'd asked his friends to look when they visited; they'd opened CD cases and rifled through books. None us found anything."

Apparently some of Dylan's friends visited the Klebolds' house post-Columbine, and they had went through Dylan's things to try to find any form of clue, a note, whatsoever. What do you guys think of this? and do we have any idea which of his friends might've came to do this?

Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 121131
Forum Reputation : 1024

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 10:49 am

If I had to guess, without a doubt, the friends would have been Nate Dykeman and Zach Heckler. I remember reading somewhere that Nate was over the house and Sue was talking to him about how they found a bottle of this herbal stuff that Dylan was taking and Nate told her that he was taking it to help his "motivation". Personally, I think he was taking it for his depression.

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 98449
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 10:57 am

Jenn wrote:
If I had to guess, without a doubt, the friends would have been Nate Dykeman and Zach Heckler. I remember reading somewhere that Nate was over the house and Sue was talking to him about how they found a bottle of this herbal stuff that Dylan was taking and Nate told her that he was taking it to help his "motivation". Personally, I think he was taking it for his depression.

Agreed on this. I def think of Nate and Zach. Sue let them have some of his belongings as well. Mementos if you will
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 11:08 am

Perhaps Devon too?

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 11:22 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Perhaps Devon too?

Perhaps. Somehow I feel like she isn't as close to Dylan as she claimed. Personal opinion of course
Back to top Go down
aquillina

Contribution Points : 75648
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 11:40 am

I would also believe that Brooks might have joined in on the search? Maybe.

shades

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 12:05 pm

Maybe, but for me I don't think brooks had visited nor joined in on the search simply because himself and his parents were working hard with Jeffco busy trying to get information out and they were very hard on brooks with questioning him and his possible part in the massacre post 4/20. I doubt that they'd let him go visit the Klebolds let alone look through Dylan's things.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 12:06 pm

aquillina wrote:
I would also believe that Brooks might have joined in on the search? Maybe.

I doubt this to an extent. I know Sue was pretty uncomfortable with the way Judy reacted after NBK. I also don't think she thought he and Brooks were as close toward the end. She talks a ton about Zach and Nate

shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 12:09 pm

Def Zach and Nate but for me I might add in Devon. I just feel that she might've been there.
Why do I feel bittersweet that I doubt Eric had a treatment such as this too. Not to look for left behind clues but, close friends coming by to claim his things, talk to his parents etc. Or maybe it's just not to our knowledge.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 12:15 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Def Zach and Nate but for me I might add in Devon. I just feel that she might've been there.
Why do I feel bittersweet that I doubt Eric had a treatment such as this too. Not to look for left behind clues but, close friends coming by to claim his things, talk to his parents etc. Or maybe it's just not to our knowledge.

If so yea it wouldn't be to our knowledge. But everyone pretty much denied being his "friend". Either they stopped being close with him or called him more of an acquaintance so it wouldn't surprise me if he had no one coming to do any of those things.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 98841
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 9:34 pm

I don't think Nate looked through Dylan's things more than once because he left town to go to Florida to live with his Dad a few days after Columbine.
As far as I know he never lived in Co again although he does visit.
Sue said in her book that Nate stopped by on his way out of town and asked if he could have something of Dylan's to remember him by.
Sue and Tom agreed and Nate chose a pair of sunglasses.
Nate then told them on a visit about the time he saw Dylan but a gun behind Blackjack.
It's possible that he did come back on another visit sometime in the next 3 years and looked through Dylan's things more.After 3 years Dylan's parents finally put his things away and turned the room into a guestroom.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 98841
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 9:39 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:

Because despite the horrible thing he did Eric was still a child when he died.And he was a sad, lonely,lost and angry child in life but with much potential he never gave himself a chance to grow into.
And he deserved as much grief, understanding and empathy as Dylan got.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 8:27 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
ultraviolencelv wrote:

Because despite the horrible thing he did Eric was still a child when he died.And he was a sad, lonely,lost and angry child in life but with much potential he never gave himself a chance to grow into.
And he deserved as much grief, understanding and empathy as Dylan got.

I agree. Perhaps he even deserved a bit more, just based on how he acted toward the end vs how Dylan acted. Prior to the massacre.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 8:31 am

How did Eric act in the end as opposed to Dylan?

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 8:52 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
How did Eric act in the end as opposed to Dylan?

If we go with the idea that we are to believe him at the end when he was feeling sad about leaving his family and a bit guilty as opposed to Dylan who was just like "bye".....

I feel like Dylan gave no cares to anyone else at the end. Eric seemed to care about others. *insert argument about how it was all an act here*
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 9:51 am

Ohhhh yes of course. He was sad. He was the one who was aware what he's going to leave behind. Dylan was over and done with. Boy was ready to go. It's like I said before, Eric joined in on what was actually Dylan's suicide, while Dylan did Eric the favor with the killing of others.

Contribution Points : 104463
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 6:23 pm

There was also a bottle of St. John's Wort in his vehicle.
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 104149
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 10:03 am

I seem to recall she said that they did find something, but she never said what they found, but whatever it was they called the police back for it. I have always wondered what it was they found.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 10:08 am

deathmedic wrote:
I seem to recall she said that they did find something, but she never said what they found, but whatever it was they called the police back for it. I have always wondered what it was they found.
Did she say in the book or an interview?

Contribution Points : 104149
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 10:10 am

It was the mot recent interview if my memory serves me correct. She was saying how they tore his room apart and didn't find anything but they found something in like a headboard type thing.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 10:16 am

deathmedic wrote:
It was the mot recent interview if my memory serves me correct. She was saying how they tore his room apart and didn't find anything but they found something in like a headboard type thing.
Hmm...interesting. But she's being vague too.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 10:24 am

deathmedic wrote:

OH I remember that. They found pieces of paper from his journal in his headboard.
Back to top Go down
gunsgobang

Contribution Points : 78258

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 6:40 pm

I think Robyn would have been invited over as well.
Do we have links to the journal pages he had in his headboard, or are those in with the 11k?
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 7:27 pm

Though I think so far no one has included Robyn's name in the search as she was considered part of the problem with supplying the guns and was probably going through her own issues after columbine...I don't think it'd feel right letting her in. Besides she's not Dylan's tight-knit Friend the way Nate was.

Contribution Points : 75648

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 10:38 am

In her book, Sue said she found a nearly emptied out bottle of some form of anti-depressant pills from his medicine cabinet which if evident enough to her that Dylan was clinically depressed and he tried to medicate it himself. Not a very smart thing to do btw.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 11:09 am

aquillina wrote:
In her book, Sue said she found a nearly emptied out bottle of some form of anti-depressant pills from his medicine cabinet which if evident enough to her that Dylan was clinically depressed and he tried to medicate it himself. Not a very smart thing to do btw.

St Johns Wort. It is an over the counter herbal remedy for depression. There is no scientific proof it works but many people believe it helps with their depression
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 11:13 am

What were the writings on the paper they found on Dylan's headboard? Sue just said journal papers she didn't say the contents?

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 11:22 am

shades wrote:
What were the writings on the paper they found on Dylan's headboard? Sue just said journal papers she didn't say the contents?

I know they were journal pages but I am not sure which ones. I *think* I remember some mention that they contained drawings but I may just be pulling that out of my a$$
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things   Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looked For Traces Left Behind Amongst Dylan's Things
Page 1 of 1