Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

John not under table

Go down 
+2
sscc
NotYourRobot
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NotYourRobot

Contribution Points : 74724
Forum Reputation : 0

John not under table Empty
PostSubject: John not under table   John not under table Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 5:17 pm

I saw pictures/diagrams of the layout of the library with marks to show where the bodies were found and it looked like John Tomlin crawled/fell out from under the table before or after he was shot, so I was going to make a post asking about that but I found this before I got a chance [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It's incredibly sad because I feel like John is the forgotten victim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John not under table   John not under table Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 7:26 pm

Dylan kicked John and Eric executed him.

Dylan was struggling with Isiah, and Eric also killed him. Then Dylan opened fire on Matt Kechter and killed him.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83552
Forum Reputation : 698

PostSubject: Re: John not under table   John not under table Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 7:33 pm

[/]

Last edited by sscc on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79861
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: John not under table   John not under table Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 12:27 am

Never knew about the kicking. Thank you this is new to me.

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96691
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: John not under table   John not under table Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 1:36 am

Is it proven that John said Haven't you done enough?
Is this a fact?

I don't think John is forgotten as he was a definite inspiration to many Christians, but he doesn't get as much attention as Cassie and Rachel.
I would say the 3rd most known victim is Daniel Mauser because of his Father's gun activism.

Rachel is still very known today because of the program in her name that is ongoing still today.
Kids now in high school who weren't even born when she she died, see her picture, hear her story, learn about her life.Of course there were several books about her, some videos which people no doubt still read and see but I would say its Rachel's Challenge that makes her still so known today.

Cassie is remembered because the She said yes thing was so huge and went unquestioned for 6 months following her death.She was hailed by Christians worldwide as a modern day martyr.
There was even a chant about her that was even said in some churches by the members "We remember Cassie Bernall and her commitment to Christ even onto her death."
A percentage of people hear her story for the first time each year and believe that she did say yes.

It's sad but the other victims don't have a "hook" like that, that would make them widely individually remembered I guess.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96299
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: John not under table   John not under table Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 8:33 am

I think Steve Curnow is one of the victims that people often forget. His family wasn't in the 13 families video either.

shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: John not under table   John not under table Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 8:41 am

I do not want to forget Steven at all. He is just a little kid and he had so much to accomplish and I bet you he didn't even know of Eric and Dylan's existence and he is not at fault for the boys' misery. This reminds me that while I'm empathetic of the boys they did a horribly fucked up thing.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: John not under table   John not under table Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 8:49 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
I do not want to forget Steven at all. He is just a little kid and he had so much to accomplish and I bet you he didn't even know of Eric and Dylan's existence and he is not at fault for the boys' misery. This reminds me that while I'm empathetic of the boys they did a horribly fucked up thing.

Something about the way his body lay when he died upsets me too. Arms still folded.....I don't know if I can explain it but it makes me sad
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: John not under table   John not under table Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 8:56 am

Ok so I went to look up the "Haven't you done enough" statement, and it took me back to a tumblr page i've bookmarked, it was the narrative reconstruction of Tim Krabbe's book. I thought that it was Steven, and in this case maybe John who said that but it just said "someone" cried that out, with no specifics as to who said that.

Also a little OT but did either Eric or Dylan shouted that monologue in the library about "This is for all the shit you've given to us for the past 4 years" or something like that? Did they really say that or was that just for dramatic effect in the documentary?

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: John not under table   John not under table Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 9:12 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Ok so I went to look up the "Haven't you done enough" statement, and it took me back to a tumblr page i've bookmarked, it was the narrative reconstruction of Tim Krabbe's book. I thought that it was Steven, and in this case maybe John who said that but it just said "someone" cried that out, with no specifics as to who said that.

Also a little OT but did either Eric or Dylan shouted that monologue in the library about "This is for all the shit you've given to us for the past 4 years" or something like that? Did they really say that or was that just for dramatic effect in the documentary?

Dylan did supposedly say that yes.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: John not under table   John not under table Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 9:14 am

They didn't plan to say that or did they, he just thought to say that on the spot like a melodramatic?

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: John not under table   John not under table Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 9:15 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
They didn't plan to say that or did they, he just thought to say that on the spot like a melodramatic?

I don't think it was really planned. Dylan said a lot of stuff that day and I think it was all mostly improv. "Today is the day I am gonna die!" was also said.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: John not under table   John not under table Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 9:23 am

They should have just started singing a song.

Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 123775
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: John not under table   John not under table Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2018 4:15 pm

shades wrote:
They should have just started singing a song.

Roll lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John not under table   John not under table Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John not under table
Page 1 of 1