Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why eric was taking Luvox ?

Go down 
+4
shades
Lizpuff
Jenn
afrrs
8 posters
AuthorMessage
afrrs

afrrs

Contribution Points : 80558
Forum Reputation : 0

Why eric was taking Luvox ? Empty
PostSubject: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Why eric was taking Luvox ? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 11:34 pm

eric was taking luvox and he had traces of it in his body after he was dead , the autopsy showed . But i dont understand why he was taking it because :

" Fluvoxamine ( brand names: Faverin, Fevarin, Floxyfral, Dumyrox and Luvox) is used primarily for the treatment of obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD),[3] and is also used to treat major depressive disorder and anxiety disorders such as panic disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder.Fluvoxamine CR (controlled release) is approved to treat social anxiety disorder. "

eric had none of this symptoms .

he was taking another medication before luvox , right ? What was it ? i cant remember .
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119183
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Why eric was taking Luvox ? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 12:02 am

He was taking Zoloft before Luvox. They took him off of Zoloft because he was having suicidal and homicidal thoughts. Luvox is basically the same thing as Zoloft though. They are both SSRI's.

And the reason that Eric was seeing a doctor to begin with was because the court made him after he and Dylan broke into the van.

And Eric filled out forms himself saying that he did have anxiety, suicidal thoughts, homicidal thoughts, anger issues, mood swings and obsessive thoughts.

Back to top Go down
afrrs

afrrs

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Why eric was taking Luvox ? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 12:28 am

Jenn wrote:
He was taking Zoloft before Luvox. They took him off of Zoloft because he was having suicidal and homicidal thoughts. Luvox is basically the same thing as Zoloft though. They are both SSRI's.

And the reason that Eric was seeing a doctor to begin with was because the court made him after he and Dylan broke into the van.

And Eric filled out forms himself saying that he did have anxiety, suicidal thoughts, homicidal thoughts, anger issues, mood swings and obsessive thoughts.

yes , those forms , i forgot all about those .
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96574
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Why eric was taking Luvox ? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 1:48 pm

I think if his counseling was anything like his diversion papers then his counselor attached to the wrong diagnosis. He seemed to latch onto his obsessive thoughts and racing mind. Ignoring the homicidal thoughts. Quite possibly he thought it wasn't a true homicidal feeling for him but he was wrong.

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Why eric was taking Luvox ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 5:10 pm

I've wondered if Eric was misdiagnosed. Now that I've come out as having Bipolar, I'll go ahead and elaborate on why I want so badly to see Eric's therapy notes and medical records.

Back when I was first diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, I had a similar experience on Paxil. I had initially been diagnosed with depression, was prescribed Paxil, and sent on my merry way. Fast forward a few weeks, I was having racing thoughts, suicidal thoughts, panic attacks, obsessive compulsive thoughts, and the other fun stuff that comes with having Bipolar Disorder . I had no idea that the thoughts were coming from an episode triggered by an incomplete medication course, but I did know something was desperately wrong with me and I sought help. I spent several days in the hospital, was diagnosed and stabilized, and was sent home back as my usual self.

Given this experience, I wonder if the Luvox or Zoloft may have triggered a full blown episode that could have been stopped in it's tracks had someone added a mood stabilizer & antipsychotic .
Back to top Go down
afrrs

afrrs

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Why eric was taking Luvox ? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 4:05 pm

Jenn wrote:

i dont understand why eric said all that on those forms about himself . If he had lied he wouldnt have to take the medication .
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 80136
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Why eric was taking Luvox ? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 7:58 pm

Maybe it's because he did want to get help.

afrrs

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Why eric was taking Luvox ? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 11:14 pm

shades wrote:
Maybe it's because he did want to get help.

i think he was trying to prove a point .

and point was that he could give all the signs that he was up to something brutal ( nbk ) and nobody would suspect anything even though he put all that on those forms .
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 69976
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Why eric was taking Luvox ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 12:52 am

"my doctor wants to put me on medication to stop thinking about so many things and to stop getting angry."
sums it up for me. Those pills just rot your brain and turn you into a zombie. Which is what they wanted to do for him.
Back to top Go down
bubbles

Contribution Points : 75417

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Why eric was taking Luvox ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 2:09 am

spidEr wrote:
"my doctor wants to put me on medication to stop thinking about so many things and to stop getting angry."
sums it up for me. Those pills just rot your brain and turn you into a zombie. Which is what they wanted to do for him.

Yeah, better for mentally ill people to refuse any medication and run riot (yes, I know Luvox was detected in Eric's bloodstream according to his autopsy, but medication can actually really help some mentally ill people live their lives without multitudes of issues for themselves and others)
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Amarantha

Contribution Points : 72872
Forum Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Why eric was taking Luvox ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 6:10 am

afrrs wrote:

i dont understand why eric said all that on those forms about himself . If he had lied he wouldnt have to take the medication .

Extreme mental discomfort sometimes makes you want to put down all of the lies you've been making up for years just to search for a split second of inner peace.

Ldude

Contribution Points : 78001

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Why eric was taking Luvox ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 9:42 am

Last edited by Ldude on Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bubbles

Contribution Points : 75417

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Why eric was taking Luvox ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 11:02 am

No, I wasn't suggesting that. Medication for mental illness is obviously useful in many cases, though.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 80136
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Why eric was taking Luvox ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 1:38 pm

Amarantha wrote:
Extreme mental discomfort sometimes makes you want to put down all of the lies you've been making up for years just to search for a split second of inner peace.

That's perfect, and likely so. Hence I said he finally needed to call for help, since affrs' question was why he didn't lie so he wouldn't have to take medicine

PostSubject: Re: Why eric was taking Luvox ?   Why eric was taking Luvox ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why eric was taking Luvox ?
Page 1 of 1