Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jeffco documents

Go down 
+2
sororityalpha
gunsgobang
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gunsgobang

Contribution Points : 75958
Forum Reputation : 0

Jeffco documents Empty
PostSubject: Jeffco documents   Jeffco documents Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 8:40 pm

I was just looking at the Jeffco website trying to purchase their Columbine reports, but they dont seem to be available anymore? I know when I have looked at the site in the past, it was relatively easy to buy copies of the 11k, diaries, etc... Am I just not seeing the link or did they stop selling them? :/
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124034
Forum Reputation : 1001

Jeffco documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffco documents   Jeffco documents Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 10:16 pm

There is the Records:

Jefferson County RECORDS Unit

303-271-5542 FAX 303-271-5552

200 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden, CO 80401

Email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by sororityalpha on Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Jeffco documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffco documents   Jeffco documents Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 10:19 pm

There is also the Archive:

Jefferson County Archives

3500 Illinois St., Suite 2350

Golden, CO 80401

(303) 271-8448

E-mail: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Direct Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
gunsgobang

Jeffco documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffco documents   Jeffco documents Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 8:36 am

Thanks! Do you know the difference of what is in the records/archives? Or how much either costs?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Jeffco documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffco documents   Jeffco documents Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 11:32 am

Evidence released by the Jeffco Sheriff's Department

(1) $15.00   Sheriff's Office Final Report on the Columbine High School shootings on CD (Released May 15, 2000).

(2) $10.00  Littleton Fire Department video and raw helicopter footage by Channel 4 on VHS tape (Released April 26, 2000).

(3) $30.00  Cafeteria surveillance on DVD  (Released June 7, 2000).

(4) $10.00  "Rampart Range" video VHS tape (Released October 21, 2003).

(5)  $10.00  "Crowd" video VHS tape (Released February 26, 2004). Approximately 38 minutes of crowd footage filmed by JCSO Crime Lab outside Columbine High School after 1 p.m. on April 20, 1999.

(6)  $10.00  Klebold/Harris footage VHS tape (Released February 26, 2004). Miscellaneous footage of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold retrieved from school or given to JCSO by citizens. Segments dubbed onto master tape: 94 minutes long.

(7)  $25.00  Two CD-ROM set of the  Jefferson County 911 and dispatch audio (Released August 7, 2000).

(8]  $25.00  Denver  dispatch cassette tapes containing 7 1/2 hours of communication (Released March 6, 2003).

(9) $30.00  11,000 pages of investigative files on one DVD (Released November 21, 2000).  Main release of reports.

(10)  $15.00  Additional investigative files (Released August 8, 2001) on one CD containing:
- Additional ancillary reports (tips, Internet, threats, and connected reports)
- Audio cassette of Jefferson County 911 dispatch tape (missed side of tape from previous release)
- Two large crime scene diagrams (from CD)  

(11)  $15.00  Printout of evidence log on CD  (Released April 2001). This is only 200 pages long and duplicative of the evidence books released later.

(12)  $15.00  Evidence books on CD  (Released May 11, 2001).

(13)  $15.00  Crime Scene Processing Team reports and sketches on CD  (Released June 19, 2001).

(14)  $15.00  FBI Crime Scene Processing Team reports and sketches on CD (Released September 5, 2001).

(15)  $3.00  Colorado Bureau of Investigation laboratory report, 5 pages (Released May 31, 2000).  Note: This report is included in the 11,000 pages of investigative files that were released later.

(16) $15.00  CBI laboratory report on CD (Released February 6, 2002).

(17)  $15.00  Misc. items on CD containing the following:
-  Draft search affidavit (Released April 10, 2001)
-  CD (audio) of the shoot team interviews (Released April 10, 2001)
-  Written transcript of an interview with Columbine High School Community Resource Officer Neil Gardner, and the executive summary of the library investigative team (Released April 10, 2001)

(18)  $15.00  Warrants book on CD (Released June 9, 2003).

(19)  $15.00  Tracking sheets, investigative index and other Columbine documents on CD (Released January 8, 2003).

(20)  $15.00  Fifty-seven pages of documents that show slight differences from previously-released originals, and documents that were inadvertently unreleased on CD (Released 2003).

(21)  $15.00  FBI report of interview with Randy, Judy and Brooks Brown on CD (Released May 22, 2001).

(22)  $15.00  Additional pages/Harris Web site: 1997 memo and Web pages on CD (Released October 30, 2003).

(23)  $15.00  936 pages of documents seized from Harris and Klebold residences/vehicles on CD (Released July 6, 2006).  Pages are in PDF format on a single CD.

*Note:  All orders must be paid in U.S. currency and must provide an exact mailing address.

Evidence released by other agencies
Contact the listed agency directly for information on obtaining copies.

(A)  Grand Jury Investigation Reports.

(B)  Autopsy summaries (Released February 6, 2001). Contact Jefferson County Coroner's Office, 800 Jefferson County Parkway, (303) 271-6480.  Must pick up in person.  $1.25 per page.

(C)  Klebold autopsy reports (Released February 23, 2001).  Contact Jefferson County Coroner's Office, 800 Jefferson County Parkway, (303) 271-6480.  Must pick up in person.  $1.25 per page.

(D)  El Paso County Sheriff's Report (Released April 10, 2002).  Contact El Paso County Sheriff's Office: 719-520-7144.

(E)  Juvenile Diversion program documents (Harris);  (Released November 4, 2002). Contact Jefferson County District Attorney's Office, 500 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden, CO 80401.  303-271-6800.

(F)  Juvenile Diversion program documents (Klebold);  (Released November 22, 2002). Contact Jefferson County District Attorney's Office, 500 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden, CO 80401.  303-271-6800.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79711
Forum Reputation : 38

Jeffco documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffco documents   Jeffco documents Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 5:14 pm

Quote :
(20)  $15.00 Fifty-seven pages of documents that show slight differences from previously-released originals, and documents that were inadvertently unreleased on CD (Released 2003).

(21)  $15.00  FBI report of interview with Randy, Judy and Brooks Brown on CD (Released May 22, 2001).

(22)  $15.00  Additional pages/Harris Web site: 1997 memo and Web pages on CD (Released October 30, 2003).

(23)  $15.00  936 pages of documents seized from Harris and Klebold residences/vehicles on CD (Released July 6, 2006).  Pages are in PDF format on a single CD.

I want these.

shades

Jeffco documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffco documents   Jeffco documents Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 5:15 pm

Could someone explain to me how it ended up being a thing for the documents to be released where it's purchasable?

Jeffco documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffco documents   Jeffco documents Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:33 pm

Thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ! Where did you find that information? I still cant seem to find that page on Jeffcos website
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83189
Forum Reputation : 80

Jeffco documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffco documents   Jeffco documents Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2016 8:23 pm

shades wrote:
Could someone explain to me how it ended up being a thing for the documents to be released where it's purchasable?

Freedom of Information Act allows anyone acces to documents appropriate for public viewing by a judge. In the case with Columbine it came down to the massive public interest too. Unfortunately we all know the BTs weren't considered fit for public viewing, which is why FOIA requests for copies aren't successful. Most legal documents have some cost associated with accruing them. It covers the materials used (paper/disks), the man hours spent digging out files, and any shipping costs. Depending on the documents requested and the agency you're requesting them from it can get very expensive.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Jeffco documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffco documents   Jeffco documents Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2016 12:56 pm

Thanks very informative.

Imperator

Contribution Points : 73220
Forum Reputation : 175

Jeffco documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffco documents   Jeffco documents Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 4:51 pm

Nirvana92 wrote:
shades wrote:

Freedom of Information Act allows anyone acces to documents appropriate for public viewing by a judge. In the case with Columbine it came down to the massive public interest too. Unfortunately we all know the BTs weren't considered fit for public viewing, which is why FOIA requests for copies aren't successful. Most legal documents have some cost associated with accruing them. It covers the materials used (paper/disks), the man hours spent digging out files, and any shipping costs. Depending on the documents requested and the agency you're requesting them from it can get very expensive.
Since I have personally had to deal with FOIA requests, legalese find ways to avoid sending out particular info.  Although at this point in time I really find it hard for that justification from JeffCo.  Copy cat killers will exist with or without the release of things like the BT nor a call to arms which has already been eluded to in the public info of Harris's journals.  

There must be something more in there to keep them out of the hands of the public.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Jeffco documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffco documents   Jeffco documents Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 5:04 pm

Do you think so? And now that you mention it, how sure are we at all that the transcripts for each tape at all is to its full extent.

Plus I feel anyway if we know what happens in the tape why can't we actually view them?

Imperator

Contribution Points : 73220
Forum Reputation : 175

Jeffco documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffco documents   Jeffco documents Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 5:09 pm

I just got done with a FOIA request at my employment. Let's just say I couldn't send out certain info and even I raised a stink not sending it out (proponent of not releasing certain info). Our legal Dept agreed on certain aspects of what the individual wanted refused on others based on my concerns. And what I do for a living isn't anything glamorous as law enforcement or DOJ type stuff. Yes I think for certain if any FOIA has been refused there is something in there to not refuse no allowance to the public. We can't even find out who killed JFK...

Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83257
Forum Reputation : 598

Jeffco documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffco documents   Jeffco documents Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 1:43 am

shades wrote:
Do you think so? And now that you mention it, how sure are we at all that the transcripts for each tape at all is to its full extent.

Plus I feel anyway if we know what happens in the tape why can't we actually view them?
I was always under the impression that we don't have much of the content from the tapes. Weren't there several hours of footage on all the tapes? Even with the parts that are summarized instead of quoted, it seems like there is not enough content covered for the transcripts to fully describe everything that happened on those tapes.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Jeffco documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffco documents   Jeffco documents Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 7:11 am

Exactly and now I wish I knew what's possibly on there that Jeffco won't tell us to their grave.

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83189
Forum Reputation : 80

Jeffco documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffco documents   Jeffco documents Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2016 6:23 am

There's a="sscc"]
shades wrote:

I was always under the impression that we don't have much of the content from the tapes. Weren't there several hours of footage on all the tapes? Even with the parts that are summarized instead of quoted, it seems like there is not enough content covered for the transcripts to fully describe everything that happened on those tapes.[/quote]

There seems to be a general consensus that Eric's "trigger" moment for NBK stemmed from the boy's January arrest. The transcripts state that they mention the arresting officer (deputy Walsh) by name at least once during the tapes. IMO the boy's must have talked a lot about being arrested and how they wanted revenge against the cops on the tapes, which could in turn make JeffCo out to blame for the massacre in the court of public opinion. We know they had a chance to investigate Eric for both threats of bodily harm to Brooks, as well as pipe bomb manufacturing. Having the boy's on tape ranting about hating police and wanting revenge against them could have provoked a media shit storm which may have cost quite a few JeffCo officials their jobs and ruined their reputations. That's pure speculation of course, but it would explain why we never even got small excerpts of the tapes in any official release. They could have released small excerpts of the tapes for broadcast on the news. They never did though and the idea of "copycats" has allowed them to keep them under lock and key for close to 2 decades now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jeffco documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeffco documents   Jeffco documents Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeffco documents
Page 1 of 1