Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Eric's prom date situation?

Go down 
+19
bubbles
runreilly
Kiwik
sscc
Scarletmoon
W.A.R.
slippy123
Criminalprofiling123
Pennydreadful
Fatheroftwo
Lizpuff
Rose The Hat
dahlia_rose
Jenn
sororityalpha
Love
TheSpiral
shades
bradt93
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92406
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 10:48 pm

I have a question and I don't think I asked this yet, but why did Dylan find a date for the prom and Eric couldn't? Were girls really that freaked out by him more than Dylan? I mean he asked a lot of them and they turned him down? Their had to be a reason, because I would think at least one of them would've been interested.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades


Posts : 2383
Contribution Points : 81161
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 11:35 pm

Dylan didn't find one I would say I think he and Robyn probably worked it out and went together for fun. Robyn had an original person she wanted to go with but he was out of town so Dylan was second best. I think she wrote to him in a letter too saying she went "with her good friend" to prom, I can't remember.

As for Eric, I don't know. I think he asked the wrong girls, girls that were out of his league obviously. But he wasn't completely hopeless I mean he spent the night in with Susan anyways, and they were almost intimate. Afterwards he went to the after party.
Eric may have had some girl who wanted to go with him but he didn't know cause had high expectations.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?

anna444 and Isabela like this post

Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral


Posts : 550
Contribution Points : 76239
Forum Reputation : 63
Join date : 2016-04-15
Age : 25
Location : Croatia

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 3:21 am

I don't think he needed to go to the prom anyway, like you said he spent the night with Susan and than the after party. I would be pretty satisfied.

_________________
Falling out of airplanes and hiding out in holes
Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home
Jump out from behind them and shoot them in the head
Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
Love

Love


Posts : 241
Contribution Points : 69016
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-12-06

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 5:16 am

I think Eric wanted to go with a pretty, popular girl. But such girls usually don't date "nerds" or "geeks". I'm sure in school there were girls who liked Eric, but he was too busy with others to notice. Eric didn't know what to say to girls. He didn't know how to please a girl. Despite all of his unbridled sexual fantasies, he was very shy and hesitant.

_________________
I just want something I can never have.

Isabela likes this post

Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92406
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 am

shades wrote:
Dylan didn't find one I would say I think he and Robyn probably worked it out and went together for fun. Robyn had an original person she wanted to go with but he was out of town so Dylan was second best. I think she wrote to him in a letter too saying she went "with her good friend" to prom, I can't remember.

As for Eric, I don't know. I think he asked the wrong girls, girls that were out of his league obviously. But he wasn't completely hopeless I mean he spent the night in with Susan anyways, and they were almost intimate. Afterwards he went to the after party.
Eric may have had some girl who wanted to go with him but he didn't know cause had high expectations.
Really? I thought Robyn did want more than friendship with Dylan.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha


Posts : 2922
Contribution Points : 125449
Forum Reputation : 1001
Join date : 2013-03-21

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 11:54 am

shades wrote:
Robyn had an original person she wanted to go with but he was out of town so Dylan was second best. I think she wrote to him in a letter too saying she went "with her good friend" to prom, I can't remember.

Here is a thread referencing that:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn


Posts : 3135
Contribution Points : 120210
Forum Reputation : 1024
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 1:23 pm

I guess Robyn really wasn't all that into Dylan if she was writing love letters to this other guy and making plans to go see him the summer after her graduation. Unless she was into both of them at the same time?

I guess it's possible she just didn't want to miss out on her prom and Dylan was the only guy friend she felt comfortable going with.

_________________
"I’ll see you in Heaven if you make the list"
Zachary Patrick Bowen (March 7, 1995-November 5, 2021).
I miss you little brother.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha


Posts : 2922
Contribution Points : 125449
Forum Reputation : 1001
Join date : 2013-03-21

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 1:32 pm

Jenn wrote:
I guess Robyn really wasn't all that into Dylan if she was writing love letters to this other guy and making plans to go see him the summer after her graduation. Unless she was into both of them at the same time?

And don't forget about the picture of John Weers in her bedroom as well.
Back to top Go down
Love

Love


Posts : 241
Contribution Points : 69016
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-12-06

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 1:42 pm

I wonder what happened to their relationship after?

_________________
I just want something I can never have.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn


Posts : 3135
Contribution Points : 120210
Forum Reputation : 1024
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 1:48 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
Jenn wrote:
I guess Robyn really wasn't all that into Dylan if she was writing love letters to this other guy and making plans to go see him the summer after her graduation. Unless she was into both of them at the same time?

And don't forget about the picture of John Weers in her bedroom as well.
Yea, so I guess she was that type of girl who had crushes on a bunch of different guys. It seems like none of them were really interested in being in a committed relationship with her though.

_________________
"I’ll see you in Heaven if you make the list"
Zachary Patrick Bowen (March 7, 1995-November 5, 2021).
I miss you little brother.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades


Posts : 2383
Contribution Points : 81161
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 2:15 pm

Jenn wrote:
Yea, so I guess she was that type of girl who had crushes on a bunch of different guys. It seems like none of them were really interested in being in a committed relationship with her though.

I think so too.

and I think Robyn was a simple girl. Plus sometimes certain girls have male friends who are platonic enough to them who can fill in as a date but no boundaries are crossed, I think she and Dylan had that sort of relationship.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92406
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 3:12 pm

So she used him?

_________________
bt
Back to top Go down
dahlia_rose

dahlia_rose


Posts : 57
Contribution Points : 71279
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-09-05
Age : 32
Location : United States

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 7:29 pm

I don't think Robyn used Dylan and if we could ask Dylan, I have the feeling he wouldn't think of it that way either. Dylan initially didn't want to go to prom at all and said as much to his parents (Sue really wanted him to go if memory serves me and he caved in). Prom seemed more important to Eric as more of a social accomplishment.
Back to top Go down
Rose The Hat




Posts : 112
Contribution Points : 66923
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-03

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 8:21 pm

I know I read this somewhere in the 11K, but I can't find the reference.

The police actually interviewed Eric's mother's hairdresser. The hairdresser told the cops that Eric's mom mentioned that Eric was upset that he didn't have a date to the prom. Eric's mom said she sat next to Eric on his bed and he said that "being a teenager sucks'. The hairdresser didn't remember Eric's mom ever speaking about him before this time.

The IO asked about the procedures Eric's mom was getting. A wax and a haircut before a 'girls' trip to Florida.

It's somewhere in the 11k.

Can you imagine the cops asking about your personal grooming habits at a salon? Gross.
Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92406
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 8:27 pm

dahlia_rose wrote:
I don't think Robyn used Dylan and if we could ask Dylan, I have the feeling he wouldn't think of it that way either. Dylan initially didn't want to go to prom at all and said as much to his parents (Sue really wanted him to go if memory serves me and he caved in). Prom seemed more important to Eric as more of a social accomplishment.
my high school didn't have a prom, because it was a private school which sort of made me sad, but we did have a senior trip to Daytona Beach Florida.
Back to top Go down
Rose The Hat




Posts : 112
Contribution Points : 66923
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-03

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 9:02 pm

If body language proves anything, Robyn had feelings for Dylan. If you look at the Prom Pics, or the 'relaxed' official senior picture, you can see that. Robyn really liked Dylan. Chemistry is an odd thing, though. If he didn't return her feelings, it was what it was.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha


Posts : 2922
Contribution Points : 125449
Forum Reputation : 1001
Join date : 2013-03-21

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 9:03 pm

Rose The Hat wrote:
I know I read this somewhere in the 11K, but I can't find the reference.

The police actually interviewed Eric's mother's hairdresser. The hairdresser told the cops that Eric's mom mentioned that Eric was upset that he didn't have a date to the prom. Eric's mom said she sat next to Eric on his bed and he said that "being a teenager sucks'. The hairdresser didn't remember Eric's mom ever speaking about him before this time.

The IO asked about the procedures Eric's mom was getting. A wax and a haircut before a 'girls' trip to Florida.

It's somewhere in the 11k.

Can you imagine the cops asking about your personal grooming habits at a salon? Gross.

Here you go:

Page 010247: Cheryl Valdez

Cheryl advised the following:

That Cheryl is a hairdresser and her client is Kathy Harris, who is the mother of Eric Harris.

That the last time that Cheryl saw Kathy was on 040899, when she did her hair.

That during that appointment, Kathy talked about a vacation to Florida which she had been planning for a while.

That Cheryl had asked Kathy if she was taking her family with her and Kathy told her that it was a "girlfriend trip", so her husband and boys would not be going.

That Kathy had also come in to the shop for a waxing on 041799, prior to leaving on her vacation.

That during the last conversation that Cheryl had with Kathy, she had talked about Eric's disappointment that he could not find a date for the prom and Kathy related that she felt sorry for Eric.

That Kathy told Cheryl about a conversation that she had with Eric reference the above and described bow she (Kathy) and Eric sat on his bed and talked.

That during that conversation, Eric told Kathy that, "sometimes being a teenager really sucks."

That other than the aforementioned conversation, Kathy had never talked about Eric,

That on 042099, when Cheryl had heard about the CHS incident on the news, she called Kathy's house to find out if her boys were alright, but did not get an answer and later remembered that Kathy was vacationing in Florida.

That Cheryl also advised that about four years ago she cut Eric's and his brother, Kevin's hair.

That she described Eric as being a "reserved kid that she couldn't get a word out of"

That Cheryl stated that Kevin was the opposite and described him as "real outgoing".
Back to top Go down
Rose The Hat




Posts : 112
Contribution Points : 66923
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-03

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 9:25 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
Rose The Hat wrote:
I know I read this somewhere in the 11K, but I can't find the reference.

The police actually interviewed Eric's mother's hairdresser. The hairdresser told the cops that Eric's mom mentioned that Eric was upset that he didn't have a date to the prom. Eric's mom said she sat next to Eric on his bed and he said that "being a teenager sucks'. The hairdresser didn't remember Eric's mom ever speaking about him before this time.

The IO asked about the procedures Eric's mom was getting. A wax and a haircut before a 'girls' trip to Florida.

It's somewhere in the 11k.

Can you imagine the cops asking about your personal grooming habits at a salon? Gross.

Here you go:

Page 010247: Cheryl Valdez

Cheryl advised the following:

That Cheryl is a hairdresser and her client is Kathy Harris, who is the mother of Eric Harris.

That the last time that Cheryl saw Kathy was on 040899, when she did her hair.

That during that appointment, Kathy talked about a vacation to Florida which she had been planning for a while.

That Cheryl had asked Kathy if she was taking her family with her and Kathy told her that it was a "girlfriend trip", so her husband and boys would not be going.

That Kathy had also come in to the shop for a waxing on 041799, prior to leaving on her vacation.

That during the last conversation that Cheryl had with Kathy, she had talked about Eric's disappointment that he could not find a date for the prom and Kathy related that she felt sorry for Eric.

That Kathy told Cheryl about a conversation that she had with Eric reference the above and described bow she (Kathy) and Eric sat on his bed and talked.

That during that conversation, Eric told Kathy that, "sometimes being a teenager really sucks."

That other than the aforementioned conversation, Kathy had never talked about Eric,

That on 042099, when Cheryl had heard about the CHS incident on the news, she called Kathy's house to find out if her boys were alright, but did not get an answer and later remembered that Kathy was vacationing in Florida.

That Cheryl also advised that about four years ago she cut Eric's and his brother, Kevin's hair.

That she described Eric as being a "reserved kid that she couldn't get a word out of"

That Cheryl stated that Kevin was the opposite and described him as "real outgoing".


SA, you are amazing.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades


Posts : 2383
Contribution Points : 81161
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 10:35 pm

rose the hat wrote:
If body language proves anything, Robyn had feelings for Dylan. If you look at the Prom Pics, or the 'relaxed' official senior picture, you can see that. Robyn really liked Dylan. Chemistry is an odd thing, though. If he didn't return her feelings, it was what it was.

she liked him but she liked everybody else too.

You are not wrong though. One of the reasons for it is that she was willing to buy guns for him and Eric. Probably to impress him and not let him down. If anything Dylan used Robyn cause he knew she would do anything for him.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 97549
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 6:20 am

I think Eric built up Brandi as his prom date. He wanted to go with her and thought she would say yes. When she said no, he didn't quite have a backup plan and started asking basically everyone else. His friends tried as well but no one could find him a date.

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92406
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 6:45 am

I don't like that women don't give a lot of guys a chance, but Eric freaked a lot of people out by the way he would dress and act. I don't think his looks were the problem.

_________________
bt
Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92406
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 6:47 am

Where was "Jeremy" when the school was getting shot up? I'm sorry, but Brandi was a total bitch to Eric. I watched the cafeteria scene, horrible.

_________________
bt
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 97549
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 7:01 am

bradt93 wrote:
Where was "Jeremy" when the school was getting shot up? I'm sorry, but Brandi was a total bitch to Eric. I watched the cafeteria scene, horrible.

Yes in hindsight she should have mentioned to Eric she was not interested in him as it is obvious he couldn't take a hint but she was young.  She was what 16 at the time?  Not that age is an excuse but she most likely only thought of herself and self interests as most teens do.

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
shades

shades


Posts : 2383
Contribution Points : 81161
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 7:11 am

If Eric freaked people out so much, or girls, why was he with Susan that night?
It means that he hasn't found the right girls for him at the time yet, and he asked girls who were wrong for him.

It's not that he couldn't get anyone at all, he just couldn't be with the ones he wanted.

and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], please do not generalise women again, or blame Brandi for anything at all.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?

Isabela likes this post

nochcherna dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo




Posts : 331
Contribution Points : 84638
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-15
Location : Denver

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 2:44 pm

I would say Dylan's prom date "found him" if anything.

Likely reasons Eric struggled to find a date:

1. Future mass murderers usually are not described as charming, funny, warm, popular and on the
high end of the social hierarchy.. with all apologies to Ted Bundy of course.

2. Female students want a guy that is charming, funny, warm, popular and on the high end of the
social hierarchy.

3. While we can all look at pics of Eric and say "that's not a bad looking guy".. from the neck down
was under developed.

4. Eric seemingly started looking for dates very late in the process.

5. Eric targeted girls that were either taken already, out of his league or he used the wrong
approach.

6. All of the above.


Men will always be judged on power, style and reputation. Looks usually fall behind those categories. Eric didn't position himself as a viable candidate to say the least.

This guy (Elliott Rogers) died a virgin.. Hollywood family, all the connections etc.. if you are weird or anti traditional you leave yourself with few options. To each their own, but don't get upset when your "style" effects your results.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



Back to top Go down
Pennydreadful




Posts : 35
Contribution Points : 66725
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-04

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 6:43 pm

what do you mean by under developed? he seems pretty average to me. is it because he wasn't a muscular guy? i agree with everyting else said here though. he wasn't popular, went for girls out of his league, who on top of that even had boyfriends. and it certainly didn't help that he came on too strong and couldn't handle rejection that well. he would be way more successful if he had better social skills.
Back to top Go down
dahlia_rose

dahlia_rose


Posts : 57
Contribution Points : 71279
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-09-05
Age : 32
Location : United States

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 8:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Aw, sorry to hear that! Prom is a subjective experience, not everyone cares if they go or not. But a trip to Florida actually sounds pretty bomb for your senior year.
Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92406
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 9:06 pm

Pennydreadful wrote:
what do you mean by under developed? he seems pretty average to me. is it because he wasn't a muscular guy? i agree with everyting else said here though. he wasn't popular, went for girls out of his league, who on top of that even had boyfriends. and it certainly didn't help that he came on too strong and couldn't handle rejection that well. he would be way more successful if he had better social skills.  
Well, I hate high school teens, they are so fickle and picky.
Back to top Go down
Criminalprofiling123

Criminalprofiling123


Posts : 63
Contribution Points : 66806
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-06
Age : 28
Location : Canada

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 9:10 pm

I didn't go to my high school prom. Mostly because 90% of the people hated me and I didn't want to spend huge amounts of money just to see them.
To be honest I do regret not going but it's okay.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I agree with you, it's not life or death if you do or don't attend prom.

A trip to any of the continents around the world for senior year would be bomb.
I remember for our senior year, we had a trip to some kind of tropical beach I don't remember the name but I didn't go because it consisted of people who I didn't get along with but it looked fun.

_________________
"I know we're gonna have followers because we're so fucking God-like" - Dylan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pennydreadful




Posts : 35
Contribution Points : 66725
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-04

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 9:33 pm

bradt93 wrote:
Pennydreadful wrote:
what do you mean by under developed? he seems pretty average to me. is it because he wasn't a muscular guy? i agree with everyting else said here though. he wasn't popular, went for girls out of his league, who on top of that even had boyfriends. and it certainly didn't help that he came on too strong and couldn't handle rejection that well. he would be way more successful if he had better social skills.  
Well, I hate high school teens, they are so fickle and picky.
true, most kids that age are assholes, but fortunately most of us grow up and mature at least to some degree. i too felt like i dont belong in hs, i felt just completely worthless and painfully shy. i had 3 friends, never felt like i'm good enough or smart enough to even talk to people. well, few years ago we had a reunion and some of my classmates who were popular, expressed how they thought i was kinda stuck up as if i deemed myself too cool, because i didn't wanna talk to them or hang out. it's quite interesting how differently we perceive ourselves vs. how others see us. especially at that awkward age.

nochcherna likes this post

Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92406
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 9:40 pm

Well, I was pretty well liked. I played football, but I always was nice to everyone. Maybe other football players should take notice.

_________________
bt
Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92406
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 9:57 pm

Criminalprofiling123 wrote:
I didn't go to my high school prom. Mostly because 90% of the people hated me and I didn't want to spend huge amounts of money just to see them.
To be honest I do regret not going but it's okay.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I agree with you, it's not life or death if you do or don't attend prom.

A trip to any of the continents around the world for senior year would be bomb.
I remember for our senior year, we had a trip to some kind of tropical beach I don't remember the name but I didn't go because it consisted of people who I didn't get along with but it looked fun.
Ahh, snob problems huh? lol.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha


Posts : 2922
Contribution Points : 125449
Forum Reputation : 1001
Join date : 2013-03-21

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 9:59 pm

Pennydreadful wrote:
It's quite interesting how differently we perceive ourselves vs. how others see us.

This is true no matter how young or old we are, hehe.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123


Posts : 879
Contribution Points : 106788
Forum Reputation : 1235
Join date : 2015-08-25

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 10:18 pm

So Eric's mom was in FL when the shooting occurred? Never knew that. I wonder if she flew home immediately.
Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92406
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 10:33 pm

I'm going to tell a secret here about myself, the bullying got so bad for me in middle school 16 years ago, I went to a psychiatric hospital. I stayed about a week and when I got out, I felt great. I then decided to get out of that school atmosphere and go to a private H.S. If I stayed there, I probably wouldn't be here today. It literally saved my life. Now I hope you all see why I'm so passionate about the bullying issue and I don't mean to keep repeating it either.

_________________
bt
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn


Posts : 3135
Contribution Points : 120210
Forum Reputation : 1024
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 10:49 pm

slippy123 wrote:
So Eric's mom was in FL when the shooting occurred? Never knew that. I wonder if she flew home immediately.
No. She couldn't have been in Florida. She was there at the house when they searched it and was telling the police she didn't want them going in Eric's room. A flight from Florida to Colorado would probably take 4 hours. The cops showed up at the Harris' house not long after the shooting started.

_________________
"I’ll see you in Heaven if you make the list"
Zachary Patrick Bowen (March 7, 1995-November 5, 2021).
I miss you little brother.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123


Posts : 879
Contribution Points : 106788
Forum Reputation : 1235
Join date : 2015-08-25

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 10:51 pm

Jenn wrote:
slippy123 wrote:
So Eric's mom was in FL when the shooting occurred? Never knew that. I wonder if she flew home immediately.
No. She couldn't have been in Florida. She was there at the house when they searched it and was telling the police she didn't want them going in Eric's room. A flight from Florida to Colorado would probably take 4 hours. The cops showed up at the Harris' house not long after the shooting started.

Thats what I thought. I guess her trip was planned sometime after the 20th then.
Back to top Go down
Criminalprofiling123

Criminalprofiling123


Posts : 63
Contribution Points : 66806
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-06
Age : 28
Location : Canada

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 9:01 am

bradt93 wrote:
Criminalprofiling123 wrote:
I didn't go to my high school prom. Mostly because 90% of the people hated me and I didn't want to spend huge amounts of money just to see them.
To be honest I do regret not going but it's okay.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I agree with you, it's not life or death if you do or don't attend prom.

A trip to any of the continents around the world for senior year would be bomb.
I remember for our senior year, we had a trip to some kind of tropical beach I don't remember the name but I didn't go because it consisted of people who I didn't get along with but it looked fun.
Ahh, snob problems huh? lol.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you could say that, also they were bullies but the issue was that it was very subtle. I think now that there is more awareness people are cautious of how they act but it hasn't prevented them from bullying other people subtly.
People would think what they were doing was normal and just for kicks. I'm the crazy one for thinking that way but it's not like they liked me or wanted me to hang out with them. They made that clear.

Oh boy, I remember the one time this guy came up to me in from of everybody to see and handed me a condom saying that I would need it. Then everyone gathered around started taking his side and saying stupid shit. I was just laughing and playing around but deep down I was embarrassed and ashamed but at least I never took it from him and left everyone dissapointed.

_________________
"I know we're gonna have followers because we're so fucking God-like" - Dylan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92406
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 11:59 am

I'll give an example of what happened to me in H.S. This girl said I was cute and she wanted me to go to lunch with her and her friends, but she said I couldn't ride with her, because b/f wouldn't like it. I didn't even ask her if she thought I was cute, she just said it. Now, here's my question if she has a b/f already, why would she say that? I don't take it as just being nice, because I didn't ask her what she thought of my looks. So, when she said I couldn't ride with her in her car to lunch, I drove my car to a separate restaurant, because I was pissed.

_________________
bt
Back to top Go down
Criminalprofiling123

Criminalprofiling123


Posts : 63
Contribution Points : 66806
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-06
Age : 28
Location : Canada

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 1:11 pm

bradt93 wrote:
I'll give an example of what happened to me in H.S. This girl said I was cute and she wanted me to go to lunch with her and her friends, but she said I couldn't ride with her, because b/f wouldn't like it. I didn't even ask her if she thought I was cute, she just said it. Now, here's my question if she has a b/f already, why would she say that? I don't take it as just being nice, because I didn't ask her what she thought of my looks. So, when she said I couldn't ride with her in her car to lunch, I drove my car to a separate restaurant, because I was pissed.

Well you did the right thing, she already had a boyfriend. I mean if she had just said to hang out with you guys then it wouldn't be that bad.

I tried to get into ever clique/group in my grade and all I got was inside jokes, whispers and secrets that I had no idea about since I was new to the area. Plus it seemed like they didn't really want me to be there since they ignored me hard so I became a lone ranger.

_________________
"I know we're gonna have followers because we're so fucking God-like" - Dylan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92406
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 1:39 pm

She was so beautiful though and nice Sad

_________________
bt
Back to top Go down
shades

shades


Posts : 2383
Contribution Points : 81161
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 1:43 pm

bradt93 wrote:
I'll give an example of what happened to me in H.S. This girl said I was cute and she wanted me to go to lunch with her and her friends, but she said I couldn't ride with her, because b/f wouldn't like it. I didn't even ask her if she thought I was cute, she just said it. Now, here's my question if she has a b/f already, why would she say that? I don't take it as just being nice, because I didn't ask her what she thought of my looks. So, when she said I couldn't ride with her in her car to lunch, I drove my car to a separate restaurant, because I was pissed.

She's a fool and she's taking the piss out of you. Shouldn't have bothered inviting you out at all.

Do me a favor? Could you forget about it? It's long done and in the past.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92406
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 2:07 pm

Well, that was way back in H.S. I'm glad she did compliment on my looks though, I have a low self esteem.

_________________
bt
Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92406
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 2:23 pm

Their is no harm in contacting her on facebook right? I think she's single now.

_________________
bt
Back to top Go down
shades

shades


Posts : 2383
Contribution Points : 81161
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 2:24 pm

Rolling Eyes

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
Criminalprofiling123

Criminalprofiling123


Posts : 63
Contribution Points : 66806
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-06
Age : 28
Location : Canada

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 2:34 pm

bradt93 wrote:
Their is no harm in contacting her on facebook right? I think she's single now.

Well it's up to you man, if you haven't talked to her in ages then it's probably best not to be quick about it since she'll think it's creepy.
Be careful though, it was high school back then now you're all grown up and she may or may not have those same feelings for you as she did back then.

_________________
"I know we're gonna have followers because we're so fucking God-like" - Dylan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92406
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 4:20 pm

Well, I think she has a kid and I'm not ready to be a stepfather and I will not help raise it.

_________________
bt
Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92406
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 4:23 pm

I'm in college, I love my independence. I don't hate kids, but I don't want to help raise someone elses. I'm talking about if we ever got serious.
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.




Posts : 582
Contribution Points : 71698
Forum Reputation : 345
Join date : 2017-03-11

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 4:35 pm

Eric was aiming too high [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Last edited by W.A.R. on Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92406
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 4:38 pm

Oh well, it was their loss. He could've been a great boyfriend or husband.

_________________
bt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Eric's prom date situation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's prom date situation?   Eric's prom date situation? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Eric's prom date situation?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Erics Brain Splatter On The Ceiling
» Dylan and Erics knives
» Who are these four people from Erics hit list?
» Erics German skills
» Erics perception of reality

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: