Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric and Dylan's final moment

Go down 
+3
Therewereonlyvictims
sororityalpha
lol
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lol

Contribution Points : 102572
Forum Reputation : 325

Eric and Dylan's final moment Empty
PostSubject: Eric and Dylan's final moment   Eric and Dylan's final moment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 1:38 am

What we know is that both Dylan and Eric had their backs turned on each other when they killed themselves. They did not look at each other. We know Eric kills himself first. It is possible Dylan turns back, and sees Eric's brains everywhere, so he decides to go for the less messy option, and shoots himself with the Tec 9 instead of his double barrel.

Or else he just heard Eric kill himself, and then lights up one more molotov cocktail on the table, and then kills himself

But it makes me wonder. Do you think they said anything to each other?  Is it possible they understood each others' body language, and knew what they would have to do so they didn't need to use words?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 122083
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan's final moment   Eric and Dylan's final moment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 2:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

From the evidence it appears that Dylan/Eric were almost across from each other.

I have no idea what they said or did before pulling the trigger.

It also could have been Eric that lit the molotov on top of Table [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

It did surprise me that Eric killed himself the way he did - shotgun in the mouth. Major damage from that blast left an 8 inch by 3 inch hole on the right side of his head - unbelievable.

Quote :
The scalp is covered by short, blood stained, black hair. The normal contour of the head is prominently distorted by extensive laceration of the scalp and associated massive fracturing of the cranium. Present in the mid-aspect of the lower forehead and extending downward to involve the bridge of the nose; the distal portion of the right side of the nose; and the medial aspects of both orbits; is an oblong configured blow-out type of laceration measuring 3" in length by 2” in width, associated with underlying multiple fracture fragments which extend outward from the wound. Present on the right lower forehead, extending upwards and across the lateral aspect of the right side of the head; extending up over the apex of the head; and then extending downward to involve the posterior aspect of the scalp to the level of the horizontal plane of the ears; is a large gaping laceration which measures 8" in length by 3” in width.
Back to top Go down
Therewereonlyvictims

Contribution Points : 64445
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan's final moment   Eric and Dylan's final moment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 am

That famous photo of the killers' bodies has always been a bit creepy to me because you see that Eric completely blew open the back half portion of the top of his head and that the resultant impact caused his face to be all misshapen such that his eyes looked like they were stuck inside his head while the rest of his face sank down, plus he had a broken nose. You couldn't make a zombie in a horror flick look that scary.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118575
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan's final moment   Eric and Dylan's final moment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 3:47 am

lol wrote:
What we know is that both Dylan and Eric had their backs turned on each other when they killed themselves. They did not look at each other. We know Eric kills himself first. It is possible Dylan turns back, and sees Eric's brains everywhere, so he decides to go for the less messy option, and shoots himself with the Tec 9 instead of his double barrel.

Or else he just heard Eric kill himself, and then lights up one more molotov cocktail on the table, and then kills himself

But it makes me wonder. Do you think they said anything to each other?  Is it possible they understood each others' body language, and knew what they would have to do so they didn't need to use words?
Where did you come up with the idea that they had their backs to each other? That's not true at all. They were facing each other because Dylan fell face first down onto Eric's left leg. Dylan would have been looking straight at him when he pulled his own trigger.

It seems you might be thinking that Dylan had his back to Eric, shot himself and then fell backwards and landed on his back. The pictures prove that isn't how it happened though. Just look at the blood line across Dylan's chin. For that line to have dried like that, he would have had to been face down with his head tilted slightly to the left.

Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Amarantha

Contribution Points : 72272
Forum Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan's final moment   Eric and Dylan's final moment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 3:50 am

lol wrote:
Do you think they said anything to each other?  Is it possible they understood each others' body language, and knew what they would have to do so they didn't need to use words?

I think that they just shot themselves without any further word. They probably just nodded at each other to make sure that their last moment was about to come, but nothing more.

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan's final moment   Eric and Dylan's final moment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 6:18 am

Eric most likely just was done and let it be done to Dylan. Dylan most likely said nothing, but he didn't die right away. I hope they're at peace.
Back to top Go down
Skrik

Skrik

Contribution Points : 64817
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan's final moment   Eric and Dylan's final moment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 1:33 pm

sororityalpha wrote:

It did surprise me that Eric killed himself the way he did - shotgun in the mouth. Major damage from that blast left an 8 inch by 3 inch hole on the right side of his head - unbelievable.

It always made sense to me the way each of them chose to commit suicide in a way. Eric had done what he needed to do, he surely knew by that point that he'd be all over the news and would be remembered for a long time, and didn't seem like he really cared if he went out messy. So, he just picked the most quick and painless method, which would be the shotgun. Dylan, on the other hand, seemed like he almost romanticized the idea of suicide and probably had an idealistic mental image of how his body would be found, lying peacefully dead or whatever, so he chose to use the less devastating firearm and specifically avoided shooting himself directly in the face.

shades

Contribution Points : 79536
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan's final moment   Eric and Dylan's final moment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 1:55 pm

I said it before here, that it's bittersweet their final moment were with each other. What they last thought would always be a mystery and even probably a mystery to each other too.

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan's final moment   Eric and Dylan's final moment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric and Dylan's final moment
Page 1 of 1