Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What if one of them backed out at the last minute..

Go down 
+6
Patodactyl
starrwilliams
W.A.R.
TaylorsMom
anananana
Szabo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Szabo

Contribution Points : 67663
Forum Reputation : 35

What if one of them backed out at the last minute.. Empty
PostSubject: What if one of them backed out at the last minute..   What if one of them backed out at the last minute.. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 4:42 pm

what do you think the other would've done?

I think at least in Dylan's case he would've committed suicde either way.
Back to top Go down
anananana

anananana

Contribution Points : 62178
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: What if one of them backed out at the last minute..   What if one of them backed out at the last minute.. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 9:30 pm

I've often wondered about this, and I've come to the logical and obvious conclusion that it just takes a very "special" kind of mental illness to have allowed it to "come to fruition" without either of them backing down, or at least waiting for the cops to arrest them/attempt escape.
Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

Contribution Points : 78017
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: What if one of them backed out at the last minute..   What if one of them backed out at the last minute.. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 9:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] there are a few different threads about this exact topic. I know it can be intimidating to search here but I find everyone's opinions fascinating! Definitely worth a look! I'm on my phone right now or else I'd link them here for you. Maybe someone else could? Smile
Back to top Go down
Szabo

Contribution Points : 67663
Forum Reputation : 35

PostSubject: Re: What if one of them backed out at the last minute..   What if one of them backed out at the last minute.. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 6:27 am

Thanks TaylorsMom. I had a feeling this had probably been discussed already. I'll have a search through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What if one of them backed out at the last minute..   What if one of them backed out at the last minute.. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 5:38 pm

Dont know

Last edited by TheyAllFloatDownHere on Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70298
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: What if one of them backed out at the last minute..   What if one of them backed out at the last minute.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 8:34 am

Dylan goes to Arizona and Eric joins the Marines.
Back to top Go down
starrwilliams

starrwilliams

Contribution Points : 65674

PostSubject: Re: What if one of them backed out at the last minute..   What if one of them backed out at the last minute.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 1:18 pm

W.A.R. wrote:

I don't know about Eric going to the Marines unless he got off his meds all together. They rejected him because he was on the meds.
Back to top Go down
Patodactyl

Contribution Points : 64624

PostSubject: Re: What if one of them backed out at the last minute..   What if one of them backed out at the last minute.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 7:36 am

I think they'd both have gotten too impatient and done what they wanted to do anyway. Dylan was looking so forward to death he'd have killed himself anyway. And Eric wanted to shoot everyone at that school so bad he'd have gone on a shooting spree solo. Unless it was just delayed by a day or so, but if one of them decided they didn't want to pursue it at all then those are my guesses. I read somewhere that it was actually planned for the 19th, and it was coincidentally on Hitler's birthday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What if one of them backed out at the last minute..   What if one of them backed out at the last minute.. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 4:25 pm

They would've been too far into the plan. They dedicated their last years to the plan.
Back to top Go down
Grenier_VoDKa

Grenier_VoDKa

Contribution Points : 61757

PostSubject: Re: What if one of them backed out at the last minute..   What if one of them backed out at the last minute.. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 10:56 pm

If Eric backed down: Dylan would probably alone and probably kill more than he did with Eric. By the 9/11 call and eyewitness accounts Dylan enjoyed killing a lot and without Eric's broken nose he'd go longer. Dylan would either be in jail or dead.

If Dylan backed down: Eric would be disappointed in Dylan, his plans would probably be foiled. If his plans didn't go foiled it would be the same case for Dylan. Eric would probably kill Dylan.

Seeing as they're alone Columbine wouldn't be half as popular and they'd get disarmed sooner or later in the shooting. The guns, bombs, and ammunition would be double for both however.

Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83238

PostSubject: Re: What if one of them backed out at the last minute..   What if one of them backed out at the last minute.. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 6:06 pm

W.A.R. wrote:

I think Dylan ends up at UA for sure... possibly suicide down the road, but more likely he just meanders through his issues. DK was so numb and directionless I'm not sure he could go through with suicide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What if one of them backed out at the last minute..   What if one of them backed out at the last minute.. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2021 5:38 pm

(Deleted)

Last edited by 9mmtomyhead on Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AestheticDeath

Contribution Points : 67357

PostSubject: Re: What if one of them backed out at the last minute..   What if one of them backed out at the last minute.. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 5:17 am

9mmtomyhead wrote:
Then the shooting wouldn't have been well known because there would only be 1 shooter. Anyways, I guess if Dylan backed out he would have eventually killed himself later on, and for Eric, he would have done the shooting and ended himself.

Pretty much this. The fact that there were two stood out and still stands out. Even more-so as more of these happen and there isn't a dynamic like they had.

Actually I think Eric would have been even more pissed and it may have actually been worse. Instead of feeling like he was in a movie he might just go into a rage and try to rack up the kill count. He'd almost have to be more aggressive as he wouldn't have help. More going after trapped people, stuff like that.

Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 74944

PostSubject: Re: What if one of them backed out at the last minute..   What if one of them backed out at the last minute.. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 10:54 am

Szabo wrote:
what do you think the other would've done?

I think at least in Dylan's case he would've committed suicde either way.

Depends on what you mean by last minute.

I think either one of them would have killed people if it was a truly last minute backing out. And both would have committed suicide after killing people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if one of them backed out at the last minute..   What if one of them backed out at the last minute.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What if one of them backed out at the last minute..
Page 1 of 1