Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook

Go down 
+6
InsaneIntruder
nbkdoom
spidEr
STK
sscc
abstractsmigs
10 posters
AuthorMessage
abstractsmigs

abstractsmigs

Contribution Points : 71223
Forum Reputation : 0

Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Empty
PostSubject: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 7:30 am

And when I make the comparison to Zero Hour, I'm speaking quite loosely. Obviously they would not portray dramatizations in the same manor, as I doubt anyone would want child actors to perform such a reenactment.

The closest I know of that actually goes through the actions of the day is The Deadliest Minute, and that's just a youtube video by CW Wade (although it is very good). I'd like a documentary with more production value.
Back to top Go down

Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 3:24 pm

Yes Documentarys are some of my favourite passtimes and i believe they should make a sandy hook documentary detailing him growing up and his online activity which can be presented with cutscenes of him at his computer and having episodes in the night, then it could show clips of him drawing strange drawings and also a narrator reading his travis the chimp and culture writings. Then it could show a scene involving ambience showing adam loading his .22 and walking towards his mothers door and soon as he opens it the screen fades into a haze and you hear 4 shots, then it shows the drive and we see him get out the car and unveil his rifle and shoot through the school window, we are then shown a blurry scene involving a dark figure shooting two people in a hall and then the final clip showing the dark figure walk open the classroom door and then the screen fades out and we here children screaming and loud banging and then it fades to a remembrance to the children and shows the aftermath and comes to a conclusion of his motives.

Not well put together but its a brief example of what a Dramatized sandy hook documentary could look like, I imagine that final scene being very disturbing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 3:28 pm

Also im thinking of writing an extremely detailed piece by piece document describing every detail and step adam took from morning to his suicide, it will also include his mental activity and online activity.

It should take me a week to make it as im digging deep for uncommon and unknown details.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82271
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 9:55 pm

TheyAllFloatDownHere wrote:
Yes Documentarys are some of my favourite passtimes and i believe they should make a sandy hook documentary detailing him growing up and his online activity which can be presented with cutscenes of him at his computer and having episodes in the night, then it could show clips of him drawing strange drawings and also a narrator reading his travis the chimp and culture writings. Then it could show a scene involving ambience showing adam loading his .22 and walking towards his mothers door and soon as he opens it the screen fades into a haze and you hear 4 shots, then it shows the drive and we see him get out the car and unveil his rifle and shoot through the school window, we are then shown a blurry scene involving a dark figure shooting two people in a hall and then the final clip showing the dark figure walk open the classroom door and then the screen fades out and we here children screaming and loud banging and then it fades to a remembrance to the children and shows the aftermath and comes to a conclusion of his motives.

Not well put together but its a brief example of what a Dramatized sandy hook documentary could look like, I imagine that final scene being very disturbing
In my opinion, one slightly interesting detail in the moments before the shooting was that there were two sweatshirts dropped on the ground right outside of Adam's car.

Was he wearing both of them to cover his ammunition vest or was he using one or both of them to cover the weapons in his car and possibly the rifle as he approached the school? Honestly, it could even be a bit of a nod to Columbine, either symbolically or from a practical perspective. It certainly reminds me of Eric's trench coat dropped on the ground outside of the school after he used it to hide the weaponry strapped to his body.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 10:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
sscc wrote:
In my opinion, one slightly interesting detail in the moments before the shooting was that there were two sweatshirts dropped on the ground right outside of Adam's car.

Was he wearing both of them to cover his ammunition vest or was he using one or both of them to cover the weapons in his car and possibly the rifle as he approached the school? Honestly, it could even be a bit of a nod to Columbine, either symbolically or from a practical perspective. It certainly reminds me of Eric's trench coat dropped on the ground outside of the school after he used it to hide the weaponry strapped to his body.

it may well of been a nod to columbine but my main speculation is it is all part of the plan, he was using one hoodie to cover his eddie Bauer vest and the other one to cover the Bushmaster Rifle in the back seat or boot of car (note one was near the right rear door), i believe he got out the car retrieved his rifle out the back seat uncovered and threw the hoodie on the floor then took a few steps towards the right side front of the car and removed his hoodie covering the vest and then threw that down then i assume he proceeded to the entrance to shoot out the glass.
Back to top Go down
abstractsmigs

abstractsmigs

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2017 5:28 am

I believe one would have been to conceal the arsenal on his person and another for concealing items in the car, but the idea that it could have been a nod to columbine is interesting. I like that, even though there is no way to know. But just to entertain the theory, if he did do it as a nod I'd like to think he thought ha, someone will get it. Who knows

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72184
Forum Reputation : 328

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 5:47 am

On a somewhat related topic, do you think the survivors will speak publicly in the future? I remember a victim of Brenda Spencer doing so in a newspaper article, so the possibility is there.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 12:08 pm

Maybe in his final hour he just decided "meh I really hate these hoodies" and just threw them. tongue Honestly though I think he just used those articles of clothing to cover up his ammunition and weapons.
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 68826
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 11:18 pm

I don't think so, there was never one for Dunblane and that's basically the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 1:00 am

spidEr wrote:
I don't think so, there was never one for Dunblane and that's basically the same.

There is a dramatized Dunblane documentary which shows reconstructions of Thomas Hamilton walking into the school in all black and fades into shooting children in the gymnasium
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 12:19 am

TheyAllFloatDownHere wrote:
spidEr wrote:

There is a dramatized Dunblane documentary which shows reconstructions of Thomas Hamilton walking into the school in all black and fades into shooting children in the gymnasium
Link?

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 8:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] look up Dunblane Crimes that Shook Britian
Back to top Go down
nbkdoom

nbkdoom

Contribution Points : 60942

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 6:37 pm

I think the biggest problem surrounding Sandy Hook is hoaxers. I was looking for reviews on the book Newtown: An American Tragedy and all I could find was 1 star reviews by hoaxers calling it "propaganda". So its likely the same thing would happen with a documentary/dramatisation. Disrespectful, imo

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85078
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 9:05 pm

STK wrote:
On a somewhat related topic, do you think the survivors will speak publicly in the future? I remember a victim of Brenda Spencer doing so in a newspaper article, so the possibility is there.  
There's a video of a Sandy Hook survivor on youtube. Not sure if it's an interview or not, but it probably is considering it's probably very hard to even get a kid to talk about such a traumatising event.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 11:41 pm

That would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 1:18 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:

There's a video of a Sandy Hook survivor on youtube. Not sure if it's an interview or not, but it probably is considering it's probably very hard to even get a kid to talk about such a traumatising event.
I mean when the kids are adults and are better able to articulate their feelings.

- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 10:53 pm

Probably, but it'll take another few years before people even consider the possibility. The victims were mostly six year olds, after all.

STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 11:31 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Probably, but it'll take another few years before people even consider the possibility. The victims were mostly six year olds, after all.
I'm looking forward to when enough time has passed for the heavy hitters to really enter the mainstream popular culture, like serial killers.

- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 12:28 am

STK wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
I'm looking forward to when enough time has passed for the heavy hitters to really enter the mainstream popular culture, like serial killers.

Yeah, popular culture is a bit behind in that regard. Shows like Criminal Minds, CSI, and Law and Order usually rely on serial killers to be the big villains, instead of mass murderers. I think this is because serial killers provide a mystery to be solved and a threat that needs to be stopped. Mass murder is so quick that the main characters would likely never be able to stop it in time, and the mystery is more of a "why" than a "who".
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82271
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 2:56 am

QuestionMark wrote:
STK wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

Yeah, popular culture is a bit behind in that regard. Shows like Criminal Minds, CSI, and Law and Order usually rely on serial killers to be the big villains, instead of mass murderers. I think this is because serial killers provide a mystery to be solved and a threat that needs to be stopped. Mass murder is so quick that the main characters would likely never be able to stop it in time, and the mystery is more of a "why" than a "who".  
There was actually a Law and Order: SVU episode that was a bit of a nod to the Elliot Rodger saga. The story of how the killings go down is completely changed but the actor who plays the killer does a pretty good job of impersonating Elliot.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 11:11 pm

sscc wrote:

There was actually a Law and Order: SVU episode that was a bit of a nod to the Elliot Rodger saga. The story of how the killings go down is completely changed but the actor who plays the killer does a pretty good job of impersonating Elliot.
Criminal minds also had an Elliot Rodger esque bad guy for the season 12 episode 15 episode Alpha Male. The writer stated on twitter that Rodger was the primary inspiration for the villian and Elliot himself is mentioned by name.

- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 2:27 am

sscc wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
STK wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:

It's a start, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 69924
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 12:32 am

I sincerely hope so
Back to top Go down
shouldbeshot

Contribution Points : 59442

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 5:22 am

I thought I had read that Zero Hour was discontinued or something along those lines. I loved the one on Columbine and the Oklahoma Federal building bombing. Ben Johnson was very good in both.
Back to top Go down
abstractsmigs

abstractsmigs

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 12:05 pm

shouldbeshot wrote:
I thought I had read that Zero Hour was discontinued or something along those lines. I loved the one on Columbine and the Oklahoma Federal building bombing.  Ben Johnson was very good in both.

Yes, I think it was. Thats why I want one of even better quality now.
Back to top Go down
Sporttster

Sporttster

Contribution Points : 55591
Forum Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 1:52 am

I'm not sure anyone other than sick individuals would want to relive that horrifying day. It's the most wicked and evil shooting we've had in this land, taking the lives of very young, innocent kids in such a vile, demonic fashion. There are true civil sensitivities to such a thing. It's horrific to even imagine much less realize it actually happened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook   Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you think there will ever be a Zero Hour type documentary for Sandy Hook
Page 1 of 1