Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EH/DK Parents

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193796
Forum Reputation : 1317

EH/DK Parents  Empty
PostSubject: EH/DK Parents    EH/DK Parents  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 2:31 pm

This may be a silly question but in "A Mother's Reckoning" Sue states that her and Tom were not in contact with the Harris's after the shooting.

Were they not allowed to speak because of the lawsuits? Or was it just a personal decision?
Back to top Go down

EH/DK Parents  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EH/DK Parents    EH/DK Parents  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 3:36 pm

The Klebold's lawyers had told them NOT to discuss anything about the case to anyone. This may have included the Harris's because the attorneys involved were perhaps looking at different angles of the Klebold's defense strategies, and were trying to distance the Klebold's from the Harris's as a way of distancing Dylan from Eric. Would make sense from a legal stand point if they were trying to make themselves less liable.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 67053
Forum Reputation : 90

EH/DK Parents  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EH/DK Parents    EH/DK Parents  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 7:36 am

I would bet the Harris's probably didn't want to talk to them (in addition to being advised not to for legal reasons). They have remained extremely secretive from day one; Sue's recent decision to speak publicly probably didn't help. I'm sure they have had contact with them here and there over the years, just not very much.
Back to top Go down
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Contribution Points : 72431
Forum Reputation : 0

EH/DK Parents  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EH/DK Parents    EH/DK Parents  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 8:08 am

Good question! I agree woth [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], in addition to legal reasons, they would probably not have a friendly contact.

As far as I know, Mrs. Klebold is still convinced that Dylan was very much influenced by Eric - this makes me think she would not want to discuss the happenings with them. (I have no idea what Mr. Klebold thinks, anyone else?)
And we know that the Harrises are very private people, they seem to keep the thing for themselves. It's completely understandable.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 67053
Forum Reputation : 90

EH/DK Parents  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EH/DK Parents    EH/DK Parents  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 4:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Regarding Tom Klebold's feelings and interactions with the Harris's, all we know is what Sue tells us in her book. It is clear that he prefers to remain silent and live a private life, much like the Harris family. I wonder if he has a better relationship with them than Sue, or if he keeps to himself. Probably the latter.
Back to top Go down

EH/DK Parents  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EH/DK Parents    EH/DK Parents  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 8:19 pm

Both sets of parents probably blame each other for what happened. The Harris' probably thinks Dylan was the bad influence and the Klebold's probably think Eric was the bad influence.

And I think they just wanted that wound closed as soon as possible and staying in any kind of contact would just keep it open.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EH/DK Parents  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EH/DK Parents    EH/DK Parents  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EH/DK Parents
Page 1 of 1