Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it?

Go down 
+2
1Mare1
Seltzer
6 posters

Should I do this?
Yes
What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it? Vote_lcap163%What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it? Vote_rcap1
 63% [ 12 ]
No
What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it? Vote_lcap137%What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it? Vote_rcap1
 37% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
Seltzer

Seltzer

Contribution Points : 60704
Forum Reputation : 0

What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it? Empty
PostSubject: What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it?   What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 4:17 pm

-
-
-
(I know this is long, but PLEASE read!) ding ding ding

In movies,  Like a Star @ heaven everybody always loves the underdog. Like a Star @ heaven  Everybody always hates bullies.

And yeah, Dylan and Eric were bullied.  Like a Star @ heaven They were underdogs. Like a Star @ heaven
They had horrible lives and were pushed to the breaking point with nobody helping them out. They had horrible luck with love and were bullied by assholes.

The only problem with them being portrayed as poor, likable characters, is the fact that they murdered people. Exclamation
I haven't seen a movie out there centered around Dylan and Eric where they're the main characters and we hear from their side of the story... where we see their backstories and lives leading up to the event. And I know the reason for this. The movie would probably cause a bunch of real school shootings to pop up around the world because it would be too deep, and people would understand where Dylan and Eric came from, and their reasoning.

But what if there was a fictional movie centered around Eric and Dylan, where they DIDN'T actually go through with the shooting? Question

What if this is how it went... (Imagine if this was a movie summary): alien

Eric and Dylan are two seniors in high school, who constantly get shit on every day. Their lives suck, and the girl Dylan likes doesn't like him back. They hate the world and are slowly getting pushed to the edge. References are made to their journals and beliefs, etc. But along the way there's a girl who sees that Dylan is alone in some class and talks to him, and they become friends. (Let's say her name is Harley) And as time goes by, he starts to trust her more. And they like each-other but nobody admits it. But Harley gets hints that Dylan might be on the edge of doing something crazy. Eventually Eric comes up with the idea to shoot up the school because of the people who pick on them every day, and Dylan agrees but isn't very sure. Then when the day comes, and they drive up to the school and prepare for the massacre, Harley sees Dylan and stands in front of him and pleads that he doesn't shoot up the school because his life could improve, and she admits she has a crush on him, so he isn't hopeless. And she says that if he's going to do this, he has to shoot her first. He considers it and the situation is very suspenseful. But then he drops the gun and realizes that it isn't a good idea. And they find Eric and convince him to stop as well. But of course they still need to get revenge on the bullies, so instead of killing people, they take a different plan. Like in the real video they filmed where they stand up for some other outcast who's also getting bullied, they decide to just focus on the jocks and kick their asses. Like stand up for themselves hard and actually getting into fights with the jocks instead of killing them. So they train by learning how to fight and become the school vigilantes against all bullies, eventually get a reputation, and all the bullies start to back off. And the outcasts and nerds start looking up to Eric and Dylan as protectors. In fact, they even get Harley to help them deal with girls who are bullying other girls, and some other girl starts to like Eric so that's taken care of. And so it ends just like Dylan said in real life: "I know we're gonna have followers because we're so fucking God-like"

But without anybody dying, and if it happened this way in real life they could have saved their own lives and other innocent lives who weren't even jocks they killed. So it would be the outcasts against the bullies, and also a lesson to the world:  Very Happy  
- Don't fucking bully people because you don't know how bad you're fucking them up.  Mad
- Stand up for yourself.  king
- Columbine could have been prevented if people were actually nice to them and gave them hope. So if someone in your school is lonely or depressed, don't hesitate to be their friend. Razz

So my questions are... I love you
Does that sound like a good idea for a movie?
And if I became famous on YouTube enough to film a movie like this, how much hate would I get? Would my channel be ruined? Because that wouldn't be worth it, but if this sounds like a harmless, non-condoning of murdering, movie with moral lessons I don't see what's so bad about it. No

Thanks.  Fishy
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 61969
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it?   What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 4:41 pm

Interesting idea. It would be nice to see them in a different light and a different situation. By the way, they planned a bombing, not a shooting, and it was originally Dylan's idea, sorry I just have to point it out.

The movie would be famous among the community, but I don't think it's going to be a Hollywood size blockbuster. Nevertheless, I think a movie should be made for the sake of culture, not money/fame.

Seltzer wrote:
- Columbine could have been prevented if people were actually nice to them and gave them hope. So if someone in your school is lonely or depressed, don't hesitate to be their friend. Razz

I absolutely agree. Social neglect and torment caused the majority of school shootings. I always speak with lonely kids at my school, they are like icebergs - You only see the top bit and you think it's the entire thing, but when you take a look underwater you have a giant bunch of ice, twice bigger than the one on the top.

Go for it. You might discover your movie directing talent.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 119183
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it?   What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 6:35 pm

Cullen wrote a fictional story about Columbine, so I don't see why you couldn't do that also. This is how every fanfiction story already out there goes though. Switch the roles around. I've never come across a story where Dylan was the one who came up with the idea and went to Eric with it. That's how it actually happened and it would be nice to see that actually used in a story for once instead of Dylan constantly being made out to be this weak, emo follower.

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193633
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it?   What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 10:59 pm

The more I learn about Dylan the more I believe that in a movie he would be an evil genius. The mild mannered puppet master.

I'd be interested in reading stories about what the outcome would be if they didn't kill themselves. Also reading a story where they are confronted by their victims like in AHS would be amazing to read.

I also wonder if they didn't kill themselves and they got older in prison if they'd be so notorious with fans or if people would see their awkwardness and not think of them as so "godlike".

PostSubject: Re: What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it?   What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 8:09 am

Jenn wrote:
Cullen wrote a fictional story about Columbine, so I don't see why you couldn't do that also.

LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it?   What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 8:19 am

Seltzer wrote:
-And if I became famous on YouTube enough to film a movie like this, how much hate would I get? Would my channel be ruined? Because that wouldn't be worth it, but if this sounds like a harmless, non-condoning of murdering, movie with moral lessons I don't see what's so bad about it. No

Thanks.  Fishy

Sounds like it would be good. Anything regarding Columbine will get views, but with those views will also come opinions. Some would love it simply for the fact that it is about Columbine, and others would hate it for the exact same reason. It could make or break your channel. You just need to decide if you are willing to take that chance.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96574
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it?   What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 10:55 am

I think people would like the story but there would be a ton who wouldn't. General people who think you are condoning what happened, those that are actually involved who take offense to what you write, and others that just love to pick on any story regardless of what it is about.

If you are going to make that many changes to the story though, it wouldn't really be about Columbine though and I have seen similar stories before.

QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120778
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it?   What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 7:11 pm

Seltzer wrote:
snip

Something similar to this has already been done, it was called Bang Bang, You're Dead, I think it was a made for TV movie. It's up on YT somewhere if you want to go looking for it.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193633
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it?   What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 9:02 pm

I'm writing a short film right now about a school shooting, and it focuses on the shooters and their families and friends. One of the shooters is female and there are some Columbine esque things you could gauge from it BUT it's non condoning and you would really only know the Columbine tie ins if you were a researcher.

I'm also writing a romantic comedy web series, I think I should put JUST that in my dating profile online. All you need to know about me is I'm a writer who is writing a film about school shootings and a web series about moving to the big city to follow your dreams and finding yourself... so hokey, it's a lot better than it sounds.

I'm a proponent of writing and creating your own content in general Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it?   What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 9:31 pm

Shifted to the right section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it?   What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What if Columbine ended differently, and I made a movie about it?
Page 1 of 1