Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If E & D didn't die

Go down 
+7
Massoccur
42099_4EVA
QuestionMark
Wumselito
Lunkhead McGrath
Littlelo
Screamingophelia
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

If E & D didn't die  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    If E & D didn't die  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 11:50 pm

MalonsMilk wrote:
I think Eric would actually be the first one to go. In real life, despite all of Dylan's lamentations on wanting to die, it was Eric that killed himself first and that showed a lot about both the boy's personalities.

When Eric said he was going to do something, he did it. I doubt he would have wanted to go to prison which would essentially be living in a Columbine-like world being insulted and bullied forever so he would've offed himself pretty quick. Dylan would waiver and go into depressions and then eventually I think he would top himself. Dylan was always the dreamer never the dooer, I'm pretty sure he wavered before shooting himself in the head in the library before he realised it was the safest and most sensible option for him.

Just my thoughts.

I agree with this. In my opinion there was no way Eric would have backed away from his suicide. He knew it was going to be his last rebellious act. If anyone could have had the capability of backing out it would be Dylan. He had talked of death and his own suicide for years. Yet to our knowledge never attempted it. I think after Eric killed himself, Dylan knew it was now or never and pulled the trigger.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193257
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    If E & D didn't die  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 12:00 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
MalonsMilk wrote:
I think Eric would actually be the first one to go. In real life, despite all of Dylan's lamentations on wanting to die, it was Eric that killed himself first and that showed a lot about both the boy's personalities.

When Eric said he was going to do something, he did it. I doubt he would have wanted to go to prison which would essentially be living in a Columbine-like world being insulted and bullied forever so he would've offed himself pretty quick. Dylan would waiver and go into depressions and then eventually I think he would top himself. Dylan was always the dreamer never the dooer, I'm pretty sure he wavered before shooting himself in the head in the library before he realised it was the safer st and most sensible option for him.

Just my thoughts.

I agree with this. In my opinion there was no way Eric would have backed away from his suicide. He knew it was going to be his last rebellious act.  If anyone could have had the capability of backing out it would be Dylan. He had talked of death and his own suicide for years. Yet to our knowledge never attempted it.  I think after Eric killed himself, Dylan knew it was now or never and pulled the trigger.

I’d assume we’d know about Dylan’s Suicide attempt(s) from Sue.

I agree, once Eric pulled the trigger Dylan realized he had to do it.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but is there any reason he lit a Molotov cocktail? Was it maybe to try to set the library on fire?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    If E & D didn't die  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 12:05 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
MalonsMilk wrote:

When Eric said he was going to do something, he did it. I doubt he would have wanted to go to prison which would essentially be living in a Columbine-like world being insulted and bullied forever so he would've offed himself pretty quick. Dylan would waiver and go into depressions and then eventually I think he would top himself. Dylan was always the dreamer never the dooer, I'm pretty sure he wavered before shooting himself in the head in the library before he realised it was the safer st and most sensible option for him.

Just my thoughts.

I agree with this. In my opinion there was no way Eric would have backed away from his suicide. He knew it was going to be his last rebellious act.  If anyone could have had the capability of backing out it would be Dylan. He had talked of death and his own suicide for years. Yet to our knowledge never attempted it.  I think after Eric killed himself, Dylan knew it was now or never and pulled the trigger.

I’d assume we’d know about Dylan’s Suicide attempt(s) from Sue.

I agree, once Eric pulled the trigger Dylan realized he had to do it.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but is there any reason he lit a Molotov cocktail? Was it maybe to try to set the library on fire?

I think it can be chalked up as a last "F*CK YOU!", or that is how I always took it. Whether he intended to try to burn the library down or maybe just his and Eric's bodies is not known. But people have their own opinions about that last act.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    If E & D didn't die  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 4:05 am

Littlelo wrote:
He called himself a god. Why would he then end his life on the same day in the same room as his victims who were "beneath" him in his mind? What's the thought process behind having to die too?

I think he went to the library to take a couple of shots at the police. When the cops didn't kill him he just decided to die right then and there.

The reason he decided he had to die along with his victims is pretty simple, he didn't want to go to prison.

Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66528
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    If E & D didn't die  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 3:40 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
He called himself a god. Why would he then end his life on the same day in the same room as his victims who were "beneath" him in his mind? What's the thought process behind having to die too?

I think he went to the library to take a couple of shots at the police. When the cops didn't kill him he just decided to die right then and there.

The reason he decided he had to die along with his victims is pretty simple, he didn't want to go to prison.

I've always been conflicted as to how exactly he wanted to die. Because at times it seemed like he wanted to be killed by police fire, but he also seemed ok with the idea of taking his own life, which was the ultimate control. If Eric 100% wanted the police to kill him he could have made it happen. I guess he didn't want to take a chance and get caught alive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    If E & D didn't die  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 3:47 pm

Littlelo wrote:
I've always been conflicted as to how exactly he wanted to die. Because at times it seemed like he wanted to be killed by police fire, but he also seemed ok with the idea of taking his own life, which was the ultimate control. If Eric 100% wanted the police to kill him he could have made it happen. I guess he didn't want to take a chance and get caught alive.

Agreed. I think he didn't care how he died, but didn't really want to risk getting caught either. Eric wanted to be in control of his death, which is probably why he did decide to kill himself rather then try for a suicide by cop type situation.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    If E & D didn't die  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 5:42 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Littlelo wrote:

Agreed. I think he didn't care how he died, but didn't really want to risk getting caught either. Eric wanted to be in control of his death, which is probably why he did decide to kill himself rather then try for a suicide by cop type situation.

It does make me wonder if Eric and/or Dylan tried to leave the school if the cops or Swat would shoot to kill them or wound them so they could be arrested? Eric put a lot of money on the fact that the cops would kill them. I have to agree that committing suicide would be the ultimate control.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66528
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    If E & D didn't die  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 5:44 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Littlelo wrote:

It does make me wonder if Eric and/or Dylan tried to leave the school if the cops or Swat would shoot to kill them or wound them so they could be arrested? Eric put a lot of money on the fact that the cops would kill them. I have to agree that committing suicide would be the ultimate control.

Good question. I think if they left the school and were coming for the police with weapons drawn they may have been killed. But if they simply tried to flee and make their escape, the police could have tried to shoot them to incapacitate them instead.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    If E & D didn't die  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 9:03 pm

Littlelo wrote:

A shotgun blast through the roof of your mouth is also a lot quicker and less potentially painful then taking a few rounds to the chest.

Rosie1756 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    If E & D didn't die  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 9:11 pm

I’m still not sure why Dylan chose his temple. I’ve read conflicting reports on if he felt anything for those several minutes or if he was brain dead

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    If E & D didn't die  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 9:15 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I’m still not sure why Dylan chose his temple. I’ve read conflicting reports on if he felt anything for those several minutes or if he was brain dead

I would say that he had saw it in a movie somewhere, and thought it would do the job instantly.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    If E & D didn't die  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 9:24 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I would say that he had saw it in a movie somewhere, and thought it would do the job instantly.

That's the most likely reason. He was certainly acting like he was a deranged killer in a movie.

His "Die Mother fuckers" line in the library.. if one believes the transcripts. I only hear him go hahaha, shut the fuck up (to Val) and Everybody get up now on the 911 call.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    If E & D didn't die  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If E & D didn't die
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2