Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Columbine Reunions

Go down 
+3
Tuga
Screamingophelia
katherinex
7 posters
AuthorMessage
katherinex

Contribution Points : 62286
Forum Reputation : 125

Columbine Reunions Empty
PostSubject: Columbine Reunions   Columbine Reunions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 12:45 pm

Is anyone aware if there have been any class reunions especially the years affected by the shooting? Such as the seniors at the time (Lauren's friends, Isiah's friends and Eric and Dylan's friends) reuniting and if they do, I wonder what they talk about. It'd be interesting to see if they do reunions and what they chat about.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193633
Forum Reputation : 1317

Columbine Reunions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine Reunions   Columbine Reunions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 12:50 pm

Their 20 year reunion is coming up for the class of 1999. I’m sure they have but probably low key.

It had to have strained so many friendships, those who were friends with E&D but also friends with those they killed or injured.

Columbine Reunions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine Reunions   Columbine Reunions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 12:58 pm

Is the class of 1999 the year they left school? Just wondering as we didn't use a term like that when we left school as I'm from the UK. It's probably became a thing now as we have kids at nursery (kindergarten in the USA) graduating from nursery before they go into the next stage of their schooling.
Back to top Go down
Tuga

Contribution Points : 64842
Forum Reputation : 0

Columbine Reunions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine Reunions   Columbine Reunions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 1:11 pm

In my country we use the following standard for graduating seniors ''start of senior school year/end of senior school year''. For example, Eric and Dylan, had they graduated, would have been ''Class of 1998/1999'' under this standard.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Columbine Reunions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine Reunions   Columbine Reunions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 1:15 pm

katherinex wrote:
Is the class of 1999 the year they left school? Just wondering as we didn't use a term like that when we left school as I'm from the UK. It's probably became a thing now as we have kids at nursery (kindergarten in the USA) graduating from nursery before they go into the next stage of their schooling.

Yes. 1999 was the year they graduated high school. Then after that you choose if you want to go to college etc...

In the US the class of 1998 would have graduated when E&D were juniors.
Back to top Go down
katherinex

Columbine Reunions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine Reunions   Columbine Reunions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 1:32 pm

Thank you for explaining how "class of...." works
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Columbine Reunions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine Reunions   Columbine Reunions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 1:58 pm

katherinex wrote:
Thank you for explaining how "class of...." works

You're welcome!! Smile
Back to top Go down
katherinex

Columbine Reunions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine Reunions   Columbine Reunions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 6:52 pm

It got me thinking because of this Reunion short film that was made about what the reunion could have looked like had it gone ahead without the fact the shooting had happened. I will say it made me cry so tissues will need to be on hand. Link below to it on YouTube if you've not seen it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Columbine Reunions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine Reunions   Columbine Reunions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 8:48 pm

katherinex wrote:
It got me thinking because of this Reunion short film that was made about what the reunion could have looked like had it gone ahead without the fact the shooting had happened. I will say it made me cry so tissues will need to be on hand. Link below to it on YouTube if you've not seen it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I've never seen this! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120778
Forum Reputation : 3191

Columbine Reunions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine Reunions   Columbine Reunions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 12:15 am

I can't even begin to imagine the kind of feelings they'd have about a class reunion.

Tuga

Contribution Points : 64842

Columbine Reunions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine Reunions   Columbine Reunions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 9:46 am

There will be a raw multi part documentary series for the 20th anniversary. I'm not sure who's producing it but I know that Austin Eubanks will be participating, he said so in an interview. He believes that there is value in reuniting people who've experienced it especially with these new mass shootings so they can reach out to these people in need. Most notable Columbine survivors are empathetic people. I'm curious how it'll play out.
Back to top Go down
milkwood

Contribution Points : 63131

Columbine Reunions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine Reunions   Columbine Reunions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 2:20 pm

Tuga wrote:
There will be a raw multi part documentary series for the 20th anniversary. I'm not sure who's producing it but I know that Austin Eubanks will be participating, he said so in an interview. He believes that there is value in reuniting people who've experienced it especially with these new mass shootings so they can reach out to these people in need. Most notable Columbine survivors are empathetic people. I'm curious how it'll play out.

That's really interesting. Looking forward to seeing what the end product is.

Otherwise, I don't see much chance of E&D's friends participating in a reunion. After the tragedy they were isolated from the school and weren't allowed to return. There was a lot of bitterness there for them then because of that, and just the fact that their friends committed such an awful act there. They've probably spent years moving on, I doubt they'd consider returning for a reunion. On the other hand, those who were injured that day, or those who weren't directly affiliated with E&D but experienced the tragedy, have all the more reason to come back. Unity would show how they've moved on but still remember the victims, and would probably play a part in the bigger picture of their healing process. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a reunion.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83663

Columbine Reunions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine Reunions   Columbine Reunions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 6:23 pm

Otherwise, I don't see much chance of E&D's friends participating in a reunion. After the tragedy they were isolated from the school and weren't allowed to return. There was a lot of bitterness there for them then because of that, and just the fact that their friends committed such an awful act there. They've probably spent years moving on, I doubt they'd consider returning for a reunion. On the other hand, those who were injured that day, or those who weren't directly affiliated with E&D but experienced the tragedy, have all the more reason to come back. Unity would show how they've moved on but still remember the victims, and would probably play a part in the bigger picture of their healing process. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a reunion.

E & D's circle of friends didn't seem too likely to be reunion attendees with or without 4/20, but I agree.. too much pressure and negative associations to E & D. Most of their associates have vanished from social media or life in general and I take that as a concerted effort to move on and not be identified with the killers or face the headaches.

Few doubts the reunion will be a big and very positive turnout, the school and community rallied behind each other and seemed determined to not let 4/20 be their legacy.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98944
Forum Reputation : 21

Columbine Reunions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine Reunions   Columbine Reunions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 9:14 am

Brooks Brown was asked about this in his Reddit AMA.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Columbine Reunions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Columbine Reunions   Columbine Reunions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Columbine Reunions
Page 1 of 1