Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 April 20,2018 walk out

Go down 
+2
STK
Screamingophelia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6423
Contribution Points : 193132
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

April 20,2018 walk out  Empty
PostSubject: April 20,2018 walk out    April 20,2018 walk out  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 6:37 pm

Darn  allergies. My eyes are watering.

On Twitter I guess high school students all across the country are trying to plan a walk out on April 20. I need get more details I just saw it  on my Facebook feed.


But the researcher in me wants to tell them that the shooting started actually around 11:18  or so. But I like the significance of 11 AM Colorado time.


It’s irony though that students currently at Columbine can’t walk out of class because it’s closed on 4/20 for a day of mourning.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK


Posts : 981
Contribution Points : 72869
Forum Reputation : 330
Join date : 2017-02-10
Location : Somewhere Hot and Dry

April 20,2018 walk out  Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    April 20,2018 walk out  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 8:09 pm

Stoners all over the nation must be excited.

_________________
"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 120278
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-04

April 20,2018 walk out  Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    April 20,2018 walk out  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 9:19 pm

STK wrote:
Stoners all over the nation must be excited.

This way when they don't show up to class they can claim this an excuse.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White


Posts : 1113
Contribution Points : 97893
Forum Reputation : 154
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 39
Location : England

April 20,2018 walk out  Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    April 20,2018 walk out  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2018 2:05 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

It’s irony though that students currently  at  Columbine can’t walk out of class because it’s closed on 4/20 for a day of mourning.

Do we know this for sure now? I heard that classes were rumoured to be on this year.

I think it’s a bad idea to have it at that time if they are thinking of doing it at Columbine. You are going to have families of victims and other mourners trying to remember them that morning at nearby memorials. I expect the majority of them just want a quiet day to remember - not swarming with media like on the day of the massacre. You could guarantee some media would be there to watch the kids march from Columbine to wherever it is they are planning on going.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6423
Contribution Points : 193132
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

April 20,2018 walk out  Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    April 20,2018 walk out  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2018 2:18 am

Draw_It_White wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

It’s irony though that students currently  at  Columbine can’t walk out of class because it’s closed on 4/20 for a day of mourning.

Do we know this for sure now? I heard that classes were rumoured to be on this year.

I think it’s a bad idea to have it at that time if they are thinking of doing it at Columbine. You are going to have families of victims and other mourners trying to remember them that morning at nearby memorials. I expect the majority of them just want a quiet day to remember - not swarming with media like on the day of the massacre. You could guarantee some media would be there to watch the kids march from Columbine to wherever it is they are planning on going.

I don't know for certain, just an assumption.

I agree with you on that one. It would be like opening old wounds again. They are trying to mourn and the media is like "hey guys! Care to share how sad you are?'
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White


Posts : 1113
Contribution Points : 97893
Forum Reputation : 154
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 39
Location : England

April 20,2018 walk out  Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    April 20,2018 walk out  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2018 2:24 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

It’s irony though that students currently  at  Columbine can’t walk out of class because it’s closed on 4/20 for a day of mourning.

Do we know this for sure now? I heard that classes were rumoured to be on this year.

I think it’s a bad idea to have it at that time if they are thinking of doing it at Columbine. You are going to have families of victims and other mourners trying to remember them that morning at nearby memorials. I expect the majority of them just want a quiet day to remember - not swarming with media like on the day of the massacre. You could guarantee some media would be there to watch the kids march from Columbine to wherever it is they are planning on going.

I don't know for certain, just an assumption.

I agree with you on that one. It would be like opening old wounds again. They are trying to mourn and the media is like "hey guys! Care to share how sad you are?'

I expect most, if not all, families would support it and perhaps do the media side of things - on any day but the one they have chosen.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6423
Contribution Points : 193132
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

April 20,2018 walk out  Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    April 20,2018 walk out  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2018 2:30 am

I can understand why people chose that date though. However I think if the media comes and tries to bother people they won't be met with happiness.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
myshame




Posts : 404
Contribution Points : 74869
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-11

April 20,2018 walk out  Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    April 20,2018 walk out  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 5:21 pm

I've heard that some are planning to boycott school until gun laws are changed. I think it's a good cause.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




April 20,2018 walk out  Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    April 20,2018 walk out  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 5:58 pm

A good cause yes, but honestly I think this will likely cause more problems and have very little to no effect on the reason for the boycott/walkouts.
Back to top Go down
REBdoomer1999

REBdoomer1999


Posts : 77
Contribution Points : 64262
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-03
Age : 33

April 20,2018 walk out  Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    April 20,2018 walk out  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 7:30 pm

myshame wrote:
I think it's a good cause.
I don't know about that. My guns never hurt anyone.

_________________
Deimos floats above hell itself!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




April 20,2018 walk out  Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    April 20,2018 walk out  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 7:33 pm

REBdoomer1999 wrote:
myshame wrote:
I think it's a good cause.
I don't know about that. My guns never hurt anyone.

While true for the majority of responsible gun owners(myself included) you have to admit that something needs to change.
Back to top Go down
REBdoomer1999

REBdoomer1999


Posts : 77
Contribution Points : 64262
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-03
Age : 33

April 20,2018 walk out  Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    April 20,2018 walk out  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 7:37 pm

Yes, something needs to change. But what that is exactly, I have no idea. I think violence has a lot more to do with American culture than the prevalence of firearms. Switzerland for example has a relatively high gun ownership rate, at almost a quarter of their population, and they don't seem to be nearly as violent of a nation as the United States.

_________________
Deimos floats above hell itself!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




April 20,2018 walk out  Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    April 20,2018 walk out  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 3:29 am

It's mentality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





April 20,2018 walk out  Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 20,2018 walk out    April 20,2018 walk out  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
April 20,2018 walk out
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» April 20, 1999 vs. November 7, 2018
» Toronto Van Incident April 2018
» 3D Model / Walk around
» April, Bloody, April...
» Howard Unruh's "Walk of Death"

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: