Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?

Go down 
+11
BlackAndWhiteKittenz
DanielBryer
Yaughst
nat_reality
Mr Bubbless
Koschei
Carnifex879
Jea
QuestionMark
Screamingophelia
Flanders Darrel
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Flanders Darrel

Contribution Points : 56364
Forum Reputation : 25

Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Empty
PostSubject: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 10:45 am

Was Nikolas Cruz known to have obsessed over Columbine or was he known to be a member of this forum?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 12:27 pm

He was clearly obsessed with guns, and said he wanted to be a professional school shooter. BUT even if he had never heard about Columbine(which is highly unlikely) the media will say he was obsessed with Columbine.

I don't think he has been connected to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 1:11 pm

I agree, the boys got what they wanted and even if the Cruz wrote “don’t try to compare me to those nerds in Colorado with their junk guns ahd German music” people would still compare.

DanielBryer, Denethor and Woundfucker like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 1:18 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I agree, the boys got what they wanted and even if the Cruz wrote “don’t try to compare me to those nerds in Colorado with their junk guns ahd German music” people would still compare.

Well it is true that all roads seem to lead back to Columbine when the media is talking about another school shooting, whether it really does or not.

I actually think its because the mere mention of Columbine is guaranteed to bring more viewers/readers etc.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 1:35 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Well it is true that all roads seem to lead back to Columbine when the media is talking about another school shooting, whether it really does or not.

I actually think its because the mere mention of Columbine is guaranteed to bring more viewers/readers etc.

They even made a point to interview people from Columbine. Like this is a big tragedy these kids from the actual school are doing something about it but wait what do the kids from Columbine think???They definitely have an opinion!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 1:40 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

They even made a point to interview people from Columbine. Like this is a big tragedy these kids from the actual school are doing something about it but wait what do  the kids from Columbine think???They definitely have an opinion!!!

EXACTLY!
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 4:55 pm

Flanders Darrel wrote:
Was Nikolas Cruz known to have obsessed over Columbine or was he known to be a member of this forum?

I don't get why people keep asking if Nick was a member here. Plenty of school shootings happened before without people asking the question.

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 5:05 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Flanders Darrel wrote:

I don't get why people keep asking if Nick was a member here. Plenty of school shootings happened before without people asking the question.

I think it stems from the fact that the last two recent shooters have been members here.
Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea

Contribution Points : 57542
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 5:18 pm

At least we know he researched about mass shooters on youtube

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2021 3:47 pm

He did watch Zero Hour the day before the shooting if I'm correct
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 67497
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 12:04 am

9mmtomyhead wrote:
He did watch Zero Hour the day before the shooting if I'm correct
It was a Zero Hour Columbine music video, but I’m not sure of the exact title.

ANOMIC likes this post

Back to top Go down
Koschei

Koschei

Contribution Points : 29929
Forum Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2021 10:53 pm

Nikolas Cruz studied quite a few mass shooting's as his internet search history shows Columbine searches  
Columbine search phrases that he used
"Columbine diary"
"Columbine documentaries"
"Columbine/Pumped up kicks"

other cases that he looked at were.

> The Aurora theater shooting took a screenshot of the Wikipedia page
>The Marshall county high school shooting
>Red lake high school shooting
>Virginia tech shooting ( search phrases used "Video's made by VT shooter" "VT shooting documentaries" )
>Jokala high school shooting ( Search phrase used "Pekka Shooting Finland")
>He also commented on a video about Elliot Rodger  

Kinkeloukaitis, Mr Bubbless, Sufficient-weight, Kartoffeln, anna444 and Woundfucker like this post

Back to top Go down
Mr Bubbless
Top Contributor
Mr Bubbless

Contribution Points : 38446
Forum Reputation : 731

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2021 2:08 am

Flanders Darrel wrote:
Was Nikolas Cruz known to have obsessed over Columbine?
He was aware of Columbine and had researched it but he was far from a fanatic. He seemed more interested in mass shootings as a whole rather than just Columbine (which I'm sure the media would love to portray him as).

Flanders Darrel wrote:
was he known to be a member of this forum?
No.

Last edited by Mr Bubbless on Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total

QuestionMark, Kartoffeln and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
nat_reality

nat_reality

Contribution Points : 23654
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 10:27 am

But how much (little) does it take for any shooter to be considered obsessed with Columbine? To me it has similarities as the based on a true story - trope we so often see in horror movies. "The killer was obsessed with Columbine" - I guess it probably sounds juicy and will draw attention and clicks to the story.

DanielBryer, anna444 and cthulhu like this post

Back to top Go down
Mr Bubbless
Top Contributor
Mr Bubbless

Contribution Points : 38446
Forum Reputation : 731

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 6:30 am

nat_reality wrote:
But how much (little) does it take for any shooter to be considered obsessed with Columbine?

According to Columbine "researchers" (*cough, cough* Dave Cullen) and the media: not much

Koltin, 12GaugeGod and Kartoffeln like this post

Back to top Go down
Yaughst

Contribution Points : 22129

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2022 3:10 am

He liked it and its perpetrators, but he was far more into the generic 'quiet kid'/'Pumped Up Kicks' memes that were popular at the time, as well as media about fictional, overtly stereotypical shooters (like Token's song Exception), than he was about E&D or any other specific real shooters.

The only people who still think he was specifically 'obsessed' with Columbine are people with a bias against those 'obsessed' with shooters in the first place.
Back to top Go down
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 28803
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2022 2:45 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
This exact thing happened here in the UK. Raoul Moat got compared with Derrick Bird despite clearly stating that he hated him.

Denethor likes this post

Back to top Go down
BlackAndWhiteKittenz

BlackAndWhiteKittenz

Contribution Points : 22921
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2023 10:07 pm

It seems like just knowing and writing one thing on Eric and Dylan will get a shooter into the “Columbine effect” Wikipedia list. Salvador Ramos and all these hood shootings avoid that list. Nikolas just researched them like a bazillion other attacks and watched the pumped up kicks edit which is why he’s on the list.

QuestionMark, vril and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2023 10:06 am

BlackAndWhiteKittenz wrote:
It seems like just knowing and writing one thing on Eric and Dylan will get a shooter into the “Columbine effect” Wikipedia list. Salvador Ramos and all these hood shootings avoid that list. Nikolas just researched them like a bazillion other attacks and watched the pumped up kicks edit which is why he’s on the list.

It makes it seem like more of a problem than it is, possibly deliberately and perhaps as a way to agitate for further censorship. After all, if the problem is people learning about previous mass killers then it’s easier to argue that information should be restricted.

LucienBarminswaAlexander likes this post

Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 41899
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2023 2:10 pm

Cruz probably had a surface-level knowledge of Columbine. Maybe a bit deeper, but I doubt it.

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.

QuestionMark likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2023 2:14 pm

NEXT STEP UP wrote:
Cruz probably had a surface-level knowledge of Columbine. Maybe a bit deeper, but I doubt it.
He definitely researched it doesn't seem that he wanted to copy it basically.
Back to top Go down
1312c0lumb1n3r

1312c0lumb1n3r

Contribution Points : 15249

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2023 3:53 am

He certainly did
Back to top Go down
heytdm

heytdm

Contribution Points : 8650

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2023 1:57 pm

Giving his deep obsession with guns and self-professed desire to become a ‘professional school shooter’ I find it unlikely that he wouldn’t have researched arguably the most infamous incident.

Of course Eric & Dylan would have hated him lol

QuestionMark, anna444 and Denethor like this post

Back to top Go down
Octal

Octal

Contribution Points : 5846

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2023 10:36 am

I thought Eric and Dylan would've liked all the fame. Eric had a journal, and the basement tapes are yet to be released, so what gives?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?   Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did Nikolas Cruz like Columbine?
Page 1 of 1