Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement

Go down 
+3
Wideawake
starviego
philosopher_king
7 posters
AuthorMessage
philosopher_king

philosopher_king

Contribution Points : 101147
Forum Reputation : 8

Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement Empty
PostSubject: Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement   Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The 2013-14 school year will be his last year.

"This is a special year at Columbine High School as we celebrate the 40 Year Anniversary. The Columbine School Community is truly special and I have been blessed to have spent the past 34 years at CHS. I want to take this opportunity to inform you that I have decided to retire after this school year. It has been my privilege to lead this wonderful school through the best and worst of times.

The support of our families and the Columbine community has meant the world to me; I have been profoundly honored and humbled to be a part of the Columbine family. I can never thank you enough for the continued support that you have given me over the past four decades as a teacher, coach, assistant principal and the past 18 years as principal.

It has given me great pleasure to see many of my former students’ children attending and graduating from Columbine High School. I felt it might be time to retire before a student informs me that I taught their grandparents. Thank you for 18 memorable years as principal of this extraordinary school. I know that I will shed a lot of tears, tears of joy and tears of sadness; and I know that the memories of my time at Columbine will last for a lifetime. I am eternally grateful. Wherever my next journey in life takes me, my heart will always be with Columbine.

“You’re A Columbine Rebel for Life and No One Can Ever Take That Away From You”
We Are Columbine!

Sincerely,

Frank DeAngelis
Principal"

Back to top Go down
starviego

Contribution Points : 101237
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement   Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:51 pm

I give him credit for hanging in there. Most would have immediately applied for a disability pension due to stress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement   Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 12:32 pm

Good for him. Smile I hope that he'll enjoy his retirement in peace. He's been a part of this school for a very long time, so it'll be quite interesting to see if anything will change in the community and school after his retirement. Mr D certainly deserves some credit for sticking with this school through the worst of times. I truly believe that he, in his own fashion, embraced the school and did his best to 'make it work'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement   Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:13 pm

"and I know that the memories of my time at Columbine will last for a lifetime."

LOL.......I'm sure they will Frank, I'm sure they will.
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101601

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement   Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:19 pm

-eulogy- wrote:
"and I know that the memories of my time at Columbine will last for a lifetime."

LOL.......I'm sure they will Frank, I'm sure they will.
I genuinely LOL'd at this.
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

Contribution Points : 101622

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement   Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:20 pm

Fair play to the man, he stuck around when many would have run for the hills and never looked back. He really honored his word and hung in there until everyone involved had graduated, and then some. I wish him all the best in the next season of his life.

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement   Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 4:27 am

First order of business for Frank now that he has retired:

SELECT REALISTIC LOOKING TOUPEE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement   Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 1:55 am

I definitely give this man serious props. He will always have my full respect. With everything Frank DeAngelis has been through over the years, he deserves a golden award.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement   Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 10:54 pm

^I don't.

He was a shit principle. I mean, that's CLEARLY evident. didn't care whether or not his kids felt safe at his school.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 101988
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement   Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 11:40 pm

-eulogy- wrote:
^I don't.

He was a shit principle. I mean, that's CLEARLY evident. didn't care whether or not his kids felt safe at his school.
What's your evidence for this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement   Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 2:22 am

lasttrain wrote:
-eulogy- wrote:
^I don't.

Well gee....how about the fact that 13 people died under his watch? Isn't that enough evidence already?

Or is that not enough?

Even Brooks says he was scum, and I'm positive that Eric and dylan didn't think highly of him either.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement   Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 12:09 pm

-eulogy- wrote:
lasttrain wrote:
-eulogy- wrote:
^I don't.

Well gee....how about the fact that 13 people died under his watch? Isn't that enough evidence already?

Or is that not enough?

Even Brooks says he was scum, and I'm positive that Eric and dylan didn't think highly of him either.
No, that's not enough evidence. Many workplaces have been subject to violent incidents. Did the superintendent of the federal building in Oklahoma City not care about the well-being of his employees? What about the manager of the WTC? Caring is not bullet-proof or bomb-proof.

Where does Brooks Brown say he was scum? The fact that Eric and Dylan didn't think highly of him doesn't mean much to me as an indicator of DeAngelis's character, because they also wanted to commit homicide against all of the children in the school.
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101049
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement   Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 1:02 pm

One reason I did not like him is that he said there was nothing wrong with Columbine. Think he did not learn anything. And I did not understand that he is the principal for all those years...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement   Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 11:26 pm

lasttrain wrote:
-eulogy- wrote:
lasttrain wrote:
-eulogy- wrote:
^I don't.

Or is that not enough?

No, that's not enough evidence.  Many workplaces have been subject to violent incidents.  Did the superintendent of the federal building in Oklahoma City not care about the well-being of his employees?  What about the manager of the WTC?  Caring is not bullet-proof or bomb-proof.

Where does Brooks Brown say he was scum?  The fact that Eric and Dylan didn't think highly of him doesn't mean much to me as an indicator of DeAngelis's character, because they also wanted to commit homicide against all of the children in the school.
The fact that a shooting took place at the school is evidence enough. Pleased students don't shoot up their school. There's a reason why Eric and Dylan picked their school to shoot up.

Case closed.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement   Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 10:50 am

-eulogy- wrote:

The fact that a shooting took place at the school is evidence enough. Pleased students don't shoot up their school. There's a reason why Eric and Dylan picked their school to shoot up.

Case closed.
Just because every single student at the school wasn't happy all the time doesn't mean that Frank DeAngelis didn't care about the students' welfare.

By your logic, the governor of Oklahoma doesn't care about his constituents because Timothy McVeigh was unhappy.

The mayor of Samson, Alabama doesn't care about his residents because someone went on a rampage there in 2009.

Obviously, this is an absurd line of logic. No governor, or mayor, or principal, can protect all his people all the time from every psycho who shows up. Doesn't mean he doesn't care.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78653
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement   Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 12:54 pm

When I listened to the interview on swedish radio I did feel sorry for what he had to go through. Not justifying the bullying that was ignored(I think the world knows much more about the impact of bullying behaviour now than back than). I cant imagine what its like to loose 13 people, what its like to be so traumatized by this and so on.

As for Eric and Dylan and mass shootings, we probably May never fully understand why some people decides to go on a ranpage like that. People are still trying to figure out the case of Breivik and hes still alive and breeding. Now, imagine when we are talking about dead people.
Its near impossible to fully understand, as Peter Langmann suggests. Do I believe bullying is a part of it? Yes. But too much emphasis on bullying, imo, isnt the best response in regards to school shootings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement   Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frank DeAngelis Announces Retirement
Page 1 of 1