Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

He would have been 37 today.

Go down 
+5
shades
Lizpuff
Screamingophelia
OldskoolNBK
1Mare1
9 posters
AuthorMessage
1Mare1

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 61869
Forum Reputation : 10

He would have been 37 today. Empty
PostSubject: He would have been 37 today.   He would have been 37 today. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 5:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Where do you see him after 1999 if NBK had never happened? How would his life look like?
Back to top Go down
OldskoolNBK

OldskoolNBK

Contribution Points : 75422
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: He would have been 37 today.   He would have been 37 today. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 5:59 am

I think if he had just moved on he would have possibly led a happy life post high school. Damn shame at the waste.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He would have been 37 today.   He would have been 37 today. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 8:31 am

That is a very hard question. Eric had a lot of potential. He was smart, had dedication and drive, also a good work ethic. Unfortunately he couldn't see the bigger picture of what his future could be, and chose to pour all he had into NBK.

If he had gotten the help he obviously needed, if he had learned to control his anger issues, etc. Then it isn't hard to picture him as a game designer or something related to that field, as that seemed to be a real passion he had. Eric had the capacity to pretty much do what he wanted in his future, if he had put his mind to it.

Although I do think Eric would have only done well in life IF he had actively sought out and gotten help for his problems. He definitely needed anger management classes, he needed a good therapist, possibly the right combination of meds.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193532
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: He would have been 37 today.   He would have been 37 today. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 8:36 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

That is a very hard question. Eric had a lot of potential. He was smart, had dedication and drive, also a good work ethic. Unfortunately he couldn't see the bigger picture of what his future could be, and chose to pour all he had into NBK.

If he had gotten the help he obviously needed, if he had learned to control his anger issues, etc. Then it isn't hard to picture him as a game designer or something related to that field, as that seemed to be a real passion he had. Eric had the capacity to pretty much do what he wanted in his future, if he had put his mind to it.

Although I do think Eric would have only done well in life IF he had actively sought out and gotten help for his problems. He definitely needed anger management classes, he needed a good therapist, possibly the right combination of meds.

I agree.

I sometimes think he didn't really want to join the military, I think he felt like he HAD to. He would have rather done something in a creative field like game design.

One would hope that if he did live and he got help we would have heard about him for very different reasons and he wouldn't have ended up being some internet troll on 4chan or something like that.

Though he could do both probably LOL.

I feel kind of old today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He would have been 37 today.   He would have been 37 today. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 8:40 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I agree.

I sometimes think he didn't really want to join the military, I think he felt like he HAD to. He would have rather done something in a creative field like game design.

One would hope that if he did live and he got help we would have heard about him for very different reasons and he wouldn't have ended up being some internet troll on 4chan or something like that.

REB would have made one hell of a internet troll. Haha
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96474
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: He would have been 37 today.   He would have been 37 today. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 8:42 am

There are people here on the boards that thought he would have become a serial killer or rapist had he lived.

I don't think so much of that but I have no idea where he would have ended up. I think had Dylan and the rest of his friends went off to college and he was left behind he would have been upset. He could of course have enrolled later in the year or in a community college but since he was always comparing himself to those he knew I think he would have been too jealous to do that.

We know now that he wouldn't have been able to get into the marines with his meds. So perhaps he would have tried to stop the meds to get in but I doubt that would have worked.

If he could get initiative going I could see him going to college but I see his anger problems worsening

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: He would have been 37 today.   He would have been 37 today. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 8:46 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I agree.

REB would have made one hell of a internet troll. Haha

REB also would be a pretty great youtuber too, all insulting and angry.. I bet people would have watched.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: He would have been 37 today.   He would have been 37 today. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 8:51 am

Lizpuff wrote:
There are people here on the boards that thought he would have become a serial killer or rapist had he lived.

I don't think so much of that but I have no idea where he would have ended up.  I think had Dylan and the rest of his friends went off to college and he was left behind he would have been upset.  He could of course have enrolled later in the year or in a community college but since he was always comparing himself to those he knew I think he would have been too jealous to do that.

We know now that he wouldn't have been able to get into the marines with his meds.  So perhaps he would have tried to stop the meds to get in but I doubt that would have worked.

If he could get initiative going I could see him going to college but I see his anger problems worsening

I think without help his anger would have worsened I agree. Also Dylan's depression would have gotten worse...

It's kind of wishful thinking. You want to think that everyones lives would have been great. We would have heard of Rachel Scott because she was a playwright or maybe Cassie Bernall would have been a world renowned doctor. We know the most about this group of people who died almost 19 years ago, more so than other tragedies.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 80036
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: He would have been 37 today.   He would have been 37 today. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 9:18 am

Happy Birthday Eric. x

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120678
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: He would have been 37 today.   He would have been 37 today. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 4:27 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I disagree.

Eric saw the bigger picture. He knew what he could be. He didn't like it. It wasn't good enough for him. NBK was a better picture in his mind, one he liked much better.

Just my two cents.

PostSubject: Re: He would have been 37 today.   He would have been 37 today. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 4:41 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I disagree.

Eric saw the bigger picture. He knew what he could be. He didn't like it. It wasn't good enough for him. NBK was a better picture in his mind, one he liked much better.

Just my two cents.

I agree that in the moment, and at his current state of mind, NBK is likely all he saw. Yet I can't help but think Eric would have possibly seen something worth living for on the horizon if he had gotten help sooner.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92242
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: He would have been 37 today.   He would have been 37 today. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 4:46 pm

Happy 37th Birthday Eric.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He would have been 37 today.   He would have been 37 today. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 5:27 pm

Imagine what Lynn Ann is doing right now. ACTUALLY DONT I WANNA BLEACH MY BRAIN NOW AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He would have been 37 today.   He would have been 37 today. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 5:32 pm

eldigato wrote:
Imagine what Lynn Ann is doing right now. ACTUALLY DONT I WANNA BLEACH MY BRAIN NOW AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Shocked Suspect No
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98318
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: He would have been 37 today.   He would have been 37 today. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 2:11 am

I think he’d have gone on to form a KMFDM tribute band. Him as lead singer, Dylan on drums, Brooks on guitar. They’d have been absolutely awful and he’d blame it all on the fans for not appreciating how better they were than the actual KMFDM. Then one day they’d get a booking at Littleton town hall but only Brooks would show up on time. As Brooks was about to leave Eric would pull up and start getting the band equipment bags out of his car and he’d get an earful from Brooks. Eric would tell him it didn’t matter they’d missed playing the show and tell Brooks to leave...

But seriously, I just think he’d have gone to local college whilst still making pizza for a few years then end up in some sort of office job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: He would have been 37 today.   He would have been 37 today. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 7:15 am

Draw_It_White wrote:
I think he’d have gone on to form a KMFDM tribute band. Him as lead singer, Dylan on drums, Brooks on guitar. They’d have been absolutely awful and he’d blame it all on the fans for not appreciating how better they were than the actual KMFDM. Then one day they’d get a booking at Littleton town hall but only Brooks would show up on time. As Brooks was about to leave Eric would pull up and start getting the band equipment bags out of his car and he’d get an earful from Brooks. Eric would tell him it didn’t matter they’d missed playing the show and tell Brooks to leave...

But seriously, I just think he’d have gone to local college whilst still making pizza for a few years then end up in some sort of office job.

That is a likely scenario as well.

Eric would be that one guy in the office who finally snapped and trashed the printer, or hurled his computer through a window. Haha
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 92242
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: He would have been 37 today.   He would have been 37 today. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 7:26 am

I think this would of been Eric if he had a office job:

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 92331
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: He would have been 37 today.   He would have been 37 today. Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 8:18 pm

He would do 100 % game play videos on YouTube
And become game developer
When I read Eric and marine I think about Tim McVeigh mixed with breivik for some reason...
Maybe his mother did this for his own good/safety ?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: He would have been 37 today.   He would have been 37 today. Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 9:03 pm

Rebbie556 wrote:
He would do 100 % game play videos on YouTube
And become  game developer
When I read Eric and marine I think about Tim McVeigh mixed with breivik for some reason...
Maybe his mother did this for his own good/safety ?

There’s something about Eric and Dylan that touches people. It’s like if we don’t acknowledge them we can’t ever understand why they took lives it is a cycle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: He would have been 37 today.   He would have been 37 today. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

He would have been 37 today.
Page 1 of 1