Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 "I'm full of love and nobody wants it"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
areyoulistening




Posts : 299
Contribution Points : 85122
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-17
Location : Ireland

"I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Empty
PostSubject: "I'm full of love and nobody wants it"   "I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 5:30 pm

Has anyone any clue where the famous "Dylan Klebold" quote "I'm full of love and nobody wants it" comes from?

I put Dylan Klebold in quotations because he never said it! It baffles me where it could come from and because it's so popular it helps to back up the leader/follower dynamic that they apparently had going on.

(This is where he actually said it and I look like a tool)

_________________
If Frodo can get the ring to Mordor, you can get out of bed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




"I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I'm full of love and nobody wants it"   "I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 5:41 pm

If Dylan really never did say this then my vote goes to Dave Cullen
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




"I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I'm full of love and nobody wants it"   "I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 6:12 pm

I think it was originally coined on Tumblr as a counter to Eric's "I'm full of hate and I love it!". Think it was used in a photoset or something? (It does sound like something Dylan could've whinged about, so I get why the quote is so widespread now.)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




"I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I'm full of love and nobody wants it"   "I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 6:20 pm

Someone on Tumblr made up "I'm full of love and no one wants it" to contrast Eric's "I'm full of hate and I love it."  Admittedly, the two phrases compliment each other nicely - one small problem - Dylan never said it.  Oh frickin' well! ;) In Tumblrland, if people reblog something enough times, people believe it's an actual quote.  I've seen a lot of people post and reblog a bunch of stuff that they take as fact and people just mindlessly reblog without appreciating whether it's an actual fact or not. Sadly, that's just the way Tumblr culture works! Cool


Last edited by InFiNiNcEX5 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StinkyOldGrapes




Posts : 251
Contribution Points : 82897
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-06-12
Location : Planet Earth

"I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I'm full of love and nobody wants it"   "I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 9:37 pm

This is the artwork that you are all talking about:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The artist never claims this is a direct quote from Dylan. She's simply contrasting their moods.

_________________
I bring NOTHING to the table.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




"I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I'm full of love and nobody wants it"   "I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 9:46 pm

StinkyOldGrapes wrote:
This is the artwork that you are all talking about:

http://j-miyao.deviantart.com/art/Love-and-Hate-349061614

The artist never claims this is a direct quote from Dylan. She's simply contrasting their moods.
Well, no, this artist isn't the originator of the fake quote.  She just liked the quote and incorporated it in her art. This person used to be on the tag a while ago.

Every so often you'll see people requoting it and then someone inevitably chimes it with the usual snark 'you know Dylan did not say that, right?"   It's like clockwork the way everything recycles on Tumblr.  LOL
Back to top Go down
StinkyOldGrapes




Posts : 251
Contribution Points : 82897
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-06-12
Location : Planet Earth

"I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I'm full of love and nobody wants it"   "I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 10:01 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:

Well, no, this artist isn't the originator of the fake quote.  She just liked the quote and incorporated it in her art.  She actually used to be on Tumblr.
Darn it! And I was feeling all proud that I discovered something new...

I agree, Tumblr is a strange world. If someone would have posed the idea of Tumblr to me years ago, I would have told them it'll never take off... shows how little I know. Very Happy

There's a lot of interesting Columbine fanart on DeviantArt though.

My personal favorite:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Damn, I wish I could draw like that!

_________________
I bring NOTHING to the table.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




"I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I'm full of love and nobody wants it"   "I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 10:13 pm

StinkyOldGrapes wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:

Well, no, this artist isn't the originator of the fake quote.  She just liked the quote and incorporated it in her art.  She actually used to be on Tumblr.
Darn it! And I was feeling all proud that I discovered something new...

I agree, Tumblr is a strange world. If someone would have posed the idea of Tumblr to me years ago, I would have told them it'll never take off... shows how little I know. Very Happy

There's a lot of interesting Columbine fanart on DeviantArt though.

My personal favorite:

http://jellyfishly.deviantart.com/art/Columbine-1999-177299483

Damn, I wish I could draw like that!
Tumblr is definitely coveted by the youngens.  It can be also be rather repetitive and limiting especially when it comes to any kind of personal, intelligent expression.  It's mainly reblog, reblog.  I try to add a little something extra in tandem with my own research. *shrugs*  It beats the mainstream blandness that is Facebook - it'd be nice if there was something in between. It can definitely be a drama trip on Tumblr.  I cringed the moment I heard Brooks Brown publicly parked himself there.  No joke that Tumblrites said to him right off "Brooks, I like you now. Get out of here, go home."  ;)

Oh yeah, that masterpiece.  I think everyone..ah hem..well, in the Columbine community, that is.. is a fan of that artwork.  I do believe E & D would be grinning from ear to ear if they saw that one.  The faces and body types are spot-on but they have that extra touch of having evolved one step beyond...... into mythical "Godlike" pop-culture charactures.  Cool


Last edited by InFiNiNcEX5 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening




Posts : 299
Contribution Points : 85122
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-17
Location : Ireland

"I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I'm full of love and nobody wants it"   "I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 12:09 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
someone inevitably chimes it with the usual snark 'you know Dylan did not say that, right?"
LOL That's usually me, although I've only ever said it once. It really irritates me and I have no idea why.

_________________
If Frodo can get the ring to Mordor, you can get out of bed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




"I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I'm full of love and nobody wants it"   "I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:15 pm

areyoulistening wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
someone inevitably chimes it with the usual snark 'you know Dylan did not say that, right?"
LOL That's usually me, although I've only ever said it once. It really irritates me and I have no idea why.
There are some things that irritate me as well in an *eye rolling* sense.  When someone reblogs something that is clearly Dylan's handwriting and yet they tag it
as Eric Harris.   People just reblog away senselessly and no one seems to say anything about it.  It's like.. um, don't you even know the difference between E & D's handwriting by
now after reading their journals a gazillion times?  heh. Sad  

While I'll give credit to whomever came up with Dylan's fake "tagline" - I mean, it's good - it embodies him well,  I just don't want to reblog it on my own site since it's false info.
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening




Posts : 299
Contribution Points : 85122
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-17
Location : Ireland

"I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I'm full of love and nobody wants it"   "I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:52 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
areyoulistening wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
someone inevitably chimes it with the usual snark 'you know Dylan did not say that, right?"
LOL That's usually me, although I've only ever said it once. It really irritates me and I have no idea why.
There are some things that irritate me as well in an *eye rolling* sense.  When someone reblogs something that is clearly Dylan's handwriting and yet they tag it
as Eric Harris.   People just reblog away senselessly and no one seems to say anything about it.  It's like.. um, don't you even know the difference between E & D's handwriting by
now after reading their journals a gazillion times?    heh. Sad  

While I'll give credit to whomever came up with Dylan's fake "tagline" - I mean, it's good - it embodies him well,  I just don't want to reblog it on my own site since it's false info.
Honestly I've read the ones in their actual handwriting only once or twice, the rest the typed version, so I can't tell it apart all that often either. Only sometimes I get a "vibe" of who it is if that makes sense? If its"fuck you all" its generally Eric Razz

I do give credit to them but it still irritates me, because in my head it gives off the vibe of "poor innocent Dylan" and that's not correct.

_________________
If Frodo can get the ring to Mordor, you can get out of bed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




"I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I'm full of love and nobody wants it"   "I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 8:37 pm

areyoulistening wrote:

I do give credit to them but it still irritates me, because in my head it gives off the vibe of "poor innocent Dylan" and that's not correct.
Ahh..  See, to my mind, "I'm full of love and no one wants it" represents someone who is internalizing rejection and self-hatred, turning the hate inward.  "I'm full of hate and I love it" represents someone that is externalizing the rejection and turning the hatred on to others.

They are the flip sides of the coin which is why it works so well!  

But, alas, Dylan didn't say it. He went for something more poetic. ;)"I now know the final battle, the pain of humanity is our love."
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq




Posts : 709
Contribution Points : 85687
Forum Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-03-17
Location : England

"I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I'm full of love and nobody wants it"   "I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:47 pm

A small part of me was really hoping this quote could be traced back to Cullen Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




"I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I'm full of love and nobody wants it"   "I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 4:19 pm

Haha queenfarooq, me too. I actually thought it was coined by Cullen about his boyfriend Dylan.

Dylan's full of "help" and NOBODY wants it, especially not Lance K.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





"I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I'm full of love and nobody wants it"   "I'm full of love and nobody wants it" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
"I'm full of love and nobody wants it"
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» I love this guy
» "Love is not enough"
» Randy Brown says in ama Eric killed Dylan. Thoughts?
» Full Columbine Roster?
» Who could this be? A survivor in love with E or D?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: