Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Empty
PostSubject: EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo    EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 5:15 pm

After six days of surveillance and the analysis of a discarded DNA sample, police in Sacramento arrested a 72-year-old ex-cop Wednesday as the suspected Golden State Killer in a series of rapes and murders that terrorized California communities in the 1970s and 1980s.

Joseph James DeAngelo, who had worked for two California police departments, was charged with two counts of murder under a warrant from the Ventura County sheriff's department, according to jail records.

The elusive, masked killer is blamed for 12 murders, 45 rapes and the ransacking of more than 100 area homes.

DeAngelo was under surveillance for six days as police sought to learn his pattern of movement to see how he might react if confronted, Sacramento county Sheriff Scott Jones told reporters. Officers then developed a plan to arrest him outside rather than in his car or in his home.

"He was very surprised," Jones said. Initially, DeAngelo appeared to be searching his mind to implement a long-standing plan to stave off apprehension, but had no time to execute it.

"It happened almost instantaneously," Jones said.

Over the years, as a series of horrendous crimes erupted across 10 counties, the perpetrator was variously dubbed the Golden State Killer, East Area Rapist, Original Night Stalker and Visalia Ransacker, but it was not clear whether they were related.

New DNA techniques, plus beefed-up DNA databases, only recently allowed investigators to tie the various cases together and lead them to their suspect.

Link for the full text: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 72598
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo    EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 6:02 pm

I always it was funny that they put out he had a small penis.

Thats how you embarrass these serial rapist/killers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo    EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 6:27 pm

W.A.R. wrote:
I always it was funny that they put out he had a small penis.

Thats how you embarrass these serial rapist/killers.

Or fuel them to attack more to try and disprove it. Shocked
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 122653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo    EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 6:46 pm

Fuckin crazy, I thought this was going to be one of those cases that never got solved, like the Texarkana Phantom or the Zodiac.

PostSubject: Re: EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo    EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 7:42 pm

holy shit.

i saw the words golden state killer on my homepage thought it was gonna be them calling for him to be caught

can't believe it man

the normies know about him now though

not a cool case anymore

oof

rip coldcase earons

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo    EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 8:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

rare pic of him as a cop

looks just like the visalia ransacker holy shit

the composites in the ons case were just suspicious people while the the visalia ransacker actually showed his face

maybe thats how the ons looked like
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo    EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 8:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sketch of the ons not some random sus guy
Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 81681
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo    EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 8:31 am

What made someone tip the police that it might be him?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo    EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 11:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

From the article-

The case was investigated intensively in “I’ll Be Gone in the Dark,” a book published earlier this year. Author Michelle McNamara died in 2016, and the book was finished by a writer hired by her husband, Patton Oswalt. Oswalt said in a video posted on social media on Wednesday, "I think you got him, Michelle."

Sad that she didn't get to see all her work finally pay off.  I will definitely be adding her book to my Summer read list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo    EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 8:55 pm

ugh now everyone and their mom knows about my favorite case Sad

glad he was caught tho
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo    EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 9:59 pm

eldigato wrote:

glad he was caught tho

Well like that is ok I guess.
Back to top Go down
boringguy

boringguy

Contribution Points : 84960
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo    EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 2:18 am

eldigato wrote:

glad he was caught tho

I'm actually surprised at how little coverage this story got. It seems like it would have been all over the news. I have tried discussing it with some of the people in my residence hall and only one of them even knew what I was talking about...

PostSubject: Re: EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo    EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 7:25 am

boringguy wrote:
eldigato wrote:

glad he was caught tho

I'm actually surprised at how little coverage this story got. It seems like it would have been all over the news. I have tried discussing it with some of the people in my residence hall and only one of them even knew what I was talking about...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  It is a somewhat older case. Which is likely why most hadn't heard of it.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 126349
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo    EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 8:42 am

Joseph James DeAngelo’s Family: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo    EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 8:51 am

sororityalpha wrote:
Joseph James DeAngelo’s Family: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Has any of the victims or the victim's families released statements yet? scratch
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo    EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 2:20 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo    EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 6:48 pm

sororityalpha wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Thank you for posting all these! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo    EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 12:08 am

No problem.

He appeared in court today.

No plea entered yet and he was in a wheelchair.

Next appearance is May 17 I think.

More info here too:

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 122653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo    EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 12:38 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
No problem.

He appeared in court today.

No plea entered yet and he was in a wheelchair.

Next appearance is May 17 I think.

More info here too:

Sounds like the dude might die before the trial is over.

sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo    EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 5:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo    EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EAR/ONS finally captured, name apparently Joseph James DeAngelo
Page 1 of 1