Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect

Go down 
+2
sororityalpha
Stoned Slacker
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stoned Slacker

Stoned Slacker


Posts : 148
Contribution Points : 57879
Forum Reputation : 15
Join date : 2018-02-17

Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Empty
PostSubject: Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect   Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 7:29 pm

Police identified the Georgia suspect as Rex Whitemire Harbour, 26, a former student at the University of Georgia.  

“What his motivation was other than just hate, we don’t know at this time,” Hall County Sheriff Gerald Couch told reporters. “He had the weapons, the ammunition and obviously the will to inflict a lot of harm and a lot of hate.”

“What his motivation was other than just hate, we don’t know at this time. He had the weapons, the ammunition and obviously the will to inflict a lot of harm and a lot of hate.”

- Sheriff Gerald Couch, Hall County, Ga.
Found inside Harbour's vehicle were three 9mm pistols, a 12-gauge shotgun, a BB gun and more than 3,400 rounds of ammunition, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reported.

Investigators found at least 17 shell casings near the site of the shooting, Couch told the newspaper, adding that none of the weapons were believed to have been stolen.

On Saturday morning, Couch said, a handwritten note had been found in Harbour’s home, proclaiming inspiration from Cruz, whom authorities allege killed 17 people at a high school in Parkland on Feb. 14.

Couch said Harbour hit seven cars on Highway 365 near Whitehall Road. Two people were hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.  

Investigators discovered a camera allegedly showing Harbour positioned on the south side of the highway, Couch said. Authorities pursued Habour but he allegedly shot himself and died en route to a hospital.

Habour reportedly had no criminal or violent history and passed background checks, Couch said.

An investigation is ongoing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Already sniper attacks this year


Last edited by Stoned Slacker on Sun May 06, 2018 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha


Posts : 2913
Contribution Points : 122008
Forum Reputation : 1001
Join date : 2013-03-22

Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect   Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 7:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
Rex Harbour wrote that Nikolas Cruz was a hero and Nikolas gave him courage and confidence.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 120103
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-05

Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect   Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 7:51 pm

Stoned Slacker wrote:
Investigators discovered a camera allegedly showing Harbour positioned on the south side of the highway, Couch said.

Does this mean that the attack was caught on film?

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect   Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 7:57 pm

Rex Whitemire Harbour

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR




Posts : 2443
Contribution Points : 91667
Forum Reputation : 575
Join date : 2017-12-28
Age : 22
Location : UK

Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect   Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 8:13 pm

My question is that why did he have a BB gun with him?

_________________
"Life's short but I wanna die."

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
pess1mist




Posts : 81
Contribution Points : 57315
Forum Reputation : 15
Join date : 2018-01-14

Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect   Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 8:27 pm

The predictions of Parkland becoming the next Columbine are starting to come true. We already have the first copycat
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR




Posts : 2443
Contribution Points : 91667
Forum Reputation : 575
Join date : 2017-12-28
Age : 22
Location : UK

Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect   Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 8:32 pm

pess1mist wrote:
The predictions of Parkland becoming the next Columbine are starting to come true. We already have the first copycat
Parkland is nothing compared to Columbine.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect   Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 9:05 pm

He managed to do even worse than Randy Stair. Cuckoo
Back to top Go down
STK

STK


Posts : 980
Contribution Points : 72693
Forum Reputation : 330
Join date : 2017-02-11
Location : Somewhere Hot and Dry

Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect   Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 6:23 am

Ziamber II wrote:
He managed to do even worse than Randy Stair. Cuckoo
To be fair he was shooting at moving cars on a highway. It must be hard to hit anybody in that situation, much less kill them.

_________________
"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 120103
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-05

Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect   Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 8:19 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
pess1mist wrote:
The predictions of Parkland becoming the next Columbine are starting to come true. We already have the first copycat
Parkland is nothing compared to Columbine.

For now. But years from now? Maybe it will be on par with Columbine.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect   Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 3:14 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
pess1mist wrote:
The predictions of Parkland becoming the next Columbine are starting to come true. We already have the first copycat

Parkland is nothing compared to Columbine.

For now. But years from now? Maybe it will be on par with Columbine.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]       The main draw of Columbine was the mystery of it all. Eric and Dylan left everyone with more questions then answers. Even after 19 years we still are finding out new information. But with Parland, Cruz is still alive and will in time answer all the questions that people have in regards to why he did it.

In my opinion, only time will tell if Parkland will have the same staying power that Columbine has had. But honestly I don't think it will. I mean the gun control issues are more headlining news now then the shooting that caused it. SO that should tell you something. Even Cruz's court appearances barely make the news. Although this may change when it get to the real trial, presenting the evidence, etc.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 120103
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-05

Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect   Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 9:53 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
The main draw of Columbine was the mystery of it all.

I gotta disagree. I think the main draw of Columbine was that the shooters were pretty similar to millions of other American teenagers, evoking a sense of fear and confusion. Maybe the mystery is appealing to others, but I think by and large the draw is from how Eric and Dylan were mostly normal people until their decision to commit murder. 

Perhaps not so coincidentally this allows any jackass with an agenda to project their pet issues on what caused the shooting.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel


Last edited by QuestionMark on Mon May 07, 2018 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect   Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 9:56 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
The main draw of Columbine was the mystery of it all.

I gotta disagree. I think the main draw of Columbine was that the shooters were pretty similar to millions of other American teenagers, evoking a sense of fear and confusion. Maybe the mystery is appealing to others, but I think by and large the draw is from how Eric and Dylan were mostly normal people until their decision to commit murder.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].  That's what I meant. Very Happy  The fact that two seemingly normal kids had plotted and hoped to kill hundreds of people.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 120103
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-05

Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect   Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 9:57 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
The main draw of Columbine was the mystery of it all.

I gotta disagree. I think the main draw of Columbine was that the shooters were pretty similar to millions of other American teenagers, evoking a sense of fear and confusion. Maybe the mystery is appealing to others, but I think by and large the draw is from how Eric and Dylan were mostly normal people until their decision to commit murder.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].  That's what I meant. Very Happy  The fact that two seemingly normal kids had plotted and hoped to kill hundreds of people.

Oh, I didn't really understand, sorry.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect   Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 9:58 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
The main draw of Columbine was the mystery of it all.

I gotta disagree. I think the main draw of Columbine was that the shooters were pretty similar to millions of other American teenagers, evoking a sense of fear and confusion. Maybe the mystery is appealing to others, but I think by and large the draw is from how Eric and Dylan were mostly normal people until their decision to commit murder.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].  That's what I meant. Very Happy  The fact that two seemingly normal kids had plotted and hoped to kill hundreds of people.

Oh, I didn't really understand, sorry.


No worries Hun. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect   Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Highway sniper wounds 3, kills self; likely inspired by Parkland suspect
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Parkland shooting suspect’s brother has ‘all the same flags,’ prosecutors s
» Judge orders much of Parkland school shooting suspect's statement released
» Zhao Xiaodong - gunman kills eight people, police kills seven more
» D.C Sniper Attacks + 'Blue Caprice' Movie
» Rachel Scotts wounds and autopsy

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Other Mass Shootings-
Jump to: