Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric's Growth Spurt

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hollybeth328

Contribution Points : 54900
Forum Reputation : 0

Eric's Growth Spurt Empty
PostSubject: Eric's Growth Spurt   Eric's Growth Spurt Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 6:44 pm

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum. I'm a forensic psychology student doing my thesis on Columbine.

I've noticed that Eric's looks seem to have changed significantly between sophomore, junior and senior year. It's like he had a growth spurt. He looks like an adult in his senior photos and not a teenager. Could this be a result of late puberty? If so this hormonal change could have contributed to his homicidal rage. Has anyone speculated on this before?

Last edited by Hollybeth328 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ainjel

Ainjel

Contribution Points : 65858

PostSubject: Re: Eric's Growth Spurt   Eric's Growth Spurt Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 7:06 pm

He started planning the massacre during the spring of his junior year I believe. I would bet that he had these thoughts long before he started actually planning. So while I can see where you are coming from I don’t feel like this would be a major contributing factor.  I feel like Eric’s lack of self esteem and his willingness to blame his problems on others is what put this plan in motion.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Eric's Growth Spurt   Eric's Growth Spurt Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 7:43 pm

Maybe a spike in hormones caused him to act somewhat more aggressively, but this wouldn't adequately explain the massacre for me.

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Eric's Growth Spurt   Eric's Growth Spurt Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 8:02 pm

Maybe hormonal changes coupled with the medicine?

I am always surprised how young Eric looks in the Eric in Columbine video compared to his senior pics but was filmed after the pictures.

Contribution Points : 54900

PostSubject: Re: Eric's Growth Spurt   Eric's Growth Spurt Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 8:24 pm

[quote="Screamingophelia"]Maybe hormonal changes coupled with the medicine?

I am always surprised how young Eric looks in the Eric in Columbine video compared to his senior pics but was filmed after the pictures. [/quote]

Interesting. I didn't realize they were taken before, I would have assumed they were after the video. Are you sure about this? I mean, I know photographers have their tricks, but Eric looks like an adult man in those photos. In Dylan's pictures, he just looks like Dylan.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Eric's Growth Spurt   Eric's Growth Spurt Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 9:28 pm

Hollybeth328 wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Maybe hormonal changes coupled with the medicine?

I am always surprised how young Eric looks in the Eric in Columbine video compared to his senior pics but was filmed after the pictures.

Interesting. I didn't realize they were taken before, I would have assumed they were after the video. Are you sure about this? I mean, I know photographers have their tricks, but Eric looks like an adult man in those photos. In Dylan's pictures, he just looks like Dylan.

If someone can correct me please do but in A Mother’s Reckoning Sue said Dylan got his pictures taken in the summer before senior year and I assumed Eric did too but TBH that was always an assumption and I’ve never gotten confirmation.

Eric in Columbine I believe was confirmed filmed in fall of 1998

But TBH Car Wax was filmed around then (I think 3 days before Dylan’s 17th bday) and Eric looks older.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric's Growth Spurt   Eric's Growth Spurt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric's Growth Spurt
Page 1 of 1