Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

Contribution Points : 65885
Forum Reputation : 28

I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded Empty
PostSubject: I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded   I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 7:02 pm

I saw a comment on Youtube under a KMFDM "Dogma" music video, by a user claiming to be Eric Harris's friend or claiming to know Eric Harris or something of the sort, and the message was saying that they wished people would stop obsessing over Eric Harris because they didn't even know him and that Eric would hate them if he were still alive and that unless we all knew what was the last video game Eric played, then we don't know shit about Eric, except for the fact that we think Eric was hot.

Well, I wanted to post on here what I posted in regards to the person on Youtube, claiming to know Eric or claiming to be Eric's friend. I wanted to post it on here too, to give people an understanding as to why some people feel a link between themselves and Eric & Dylan, and/or feel sympathetic towards them, and I'd truly appreciate if there would be no insulting me for posting this, I'm just posting this to give people an understanding. So here's what I put:

First of all, let me just say, YES, it was Eric Harris who turned me onto this song. I had never heard of it before I heard of Eric, but once I did hear it, I loved it. Not because Eric used to love KMFDM and their songs but because the music is damn bad ass, and seeing as how I loved rock music way before I had even heard of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, i'm proud to say I'm a KMFDM fan.   However, you can't escape the fact that Eric Harris was a fan of this band. Eric's name shouldn't be posted under every KMFDM video, but it is, so get over it.    

The fact that Eric was a fan of KMFDM will forever be linked, it's just the way it is. So how about people stop bitching about others mentioning Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris in the comment section and if you are tired of seeing their names in the comment section, here's an idea: just ignore the ones making comments about Eric and Dylan in the comment section. It's as simple as that.   And before anyone says it, NO I am NOT an Eric Harris or Dylan Klebold "fan-girl", because to be a fan of someone, that "someone" has to be a celebrity and Eric and Dylan were not. I'm just one female, who was introduced to KMFDM and their music via the reading of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold's journals - case CLOSED.    

Secondly, if I may, I would like to add this. You have those mentally disturbed people who are in love with two, young boys whom they never knew and you have those who feel they can identify and sympathize with Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold because of what they feel that these two teens went through. I happen to fall in the latter category.    From reading their journals, Dylan stated how he felt unloved, unwanted, how he wanted to find love but could never find it. He felt unaccepted. He felt as if he were in a constant war with himself via the disease that is depression. Eric, from his journals, hated himself, which is why he hated everyone else. He had zero self esteem, he was sick of being bullied by his Columbine classmates.  

Now, no matter how much the tel-LIE-vision lied - via their reporters and news channels, no matter how much they lied, no matter how much the students and teachers themselves lied, I wholeheartedly believe that Eric and Dylan REALLY were bullied and they were bullied BAD.  

I mean, do you think the teachers and students would actually come out and admit: "yeah, Eric and Dylan were bullied horribly, we treated them like shit at Columbine and the teachers and staff didn't do fuck-shit about it."  Does people think teachers and students would actually admit that? No, but it happened, did it give the two teens the right to do what they did? HELL no, but do I understand what made them snap? Yes.    

People tend to forget, high school can be brutal, very, very brutal. I spent four years of my high school time (1999-2002) being ostracized, being ridiculed, I had chairs thrown at me, I had people encircle me in the hallways and call me names while other students laughed, causing me to run to the nearest bathroom and ball my eyes out. My school was so rough that I'd be so afraid to go to class that I'd hide out in the bathrooms during class time and during lunch time. I had students pour milk on me in the lunchroom, in front of the whole school - who laughed about it - and that same day, I went home and contemplated suicide.    

I would have computerized flyers sent around to every student in the entire school calling me a goth freak, a nerd, a bitch, a black girl/white girl wanna-be and all of that. My high school years were hell, and I told teachers and I told staff members and they did nothing about it. At least Eric had Dylan and vice versa, I had no friends - ZERO.    

It's been sixteen years since I graduated and I still have nightmares sometimes about the abuse I endured during high school. And the abuse I endured during my high school years affected me so much that today I have almost no self esteem about myself, I'm very reserved and anti-social a LOT of times with others, I have social anxiety disorder and I battle heavily with depression. I didn't have that before I began high school, but from high school and onward, up until this very moment, I now have it.    

Saying all that to say, when Eric and Dylan did what they did and I (along with others like myself) researched into them, we found things we could all identify with the two teens with - depression, low/zero self esteem, angry, sadness, isolation and etc.   So this is why myself and others are so sympathetic of Eric & Dylan, because we know what it feels like to be disliked, to feel alone, to want love, to be unaccepted, to be bullied, and etc. We know the feelings of sadness and anger and although we in no way condone what they did or feel what they did was right, we understand why they did it, why they snapped.    

It's been twenty years or so since Columbine, and no, I didn't know Eric and Dylan personally but I wish I had, because I would've went to them and just listened to them, listened to them talk about their hurt, their pain, their feelings and then I would've hugged them (as a friend) and said, "hey, you don't have to resort to violence to unleash your hurt and your pain", there is help you can get. I would've tried to help them.    

But I didn't know them, but despite me not knowing them, I have a lot to thank them for, because, because of them, I didn't commit suicide, not just during my time during high school, but even during several other times in my life.     Reason being is because I knew if I ended my life, I would be allowing all those who subjected me to severe abuse during elementary school and high school, I'd be allowing them to win and I wasn't going to do that, and I'm not going to do that. I was and am going to do something that Eric & Dylan couldn't do, which was/is live, for them. Not "for them" in the sense that people might be thinking of, but live for them in the sense that, I was and am going to live and do all the things that Eric and Dylan could've done, had they lived but never got the chance to do. I want to experience all of the things that they never got the chance to experience. I'm going to be an ongoing battling survivor of my depression, my zero/low self esteem, my social anxiety, my abuse - which is what Eric and Dylan never had the strength to be able to do.

Because of hearing Eric & Dylan's story, they gave me the strength to fight back as much as I can - mentally and emotionally, against all the trauma, zero/low self esteem, depression, social anxiety and etc., that my high school abuse caused me. Because of hearing Eric & Dylan's story, they gave me the strength to fight back against all the ugliness that this world brings my way, and lastly, because of them, I discovered the knowledge of how the world and the people in it truly are - through their viewpoints of the world; And for that, I'm forever thankful to them, because I know I wouldn't have that strength and that knowledge, had it not been for them.  

So, I just thought I'd share that, not as some fan-girl, but as someone who has sympathy, not just for the victims of Columbine, but for the shooters/teens as well. I have sympathy for the shooters/teens because I know what they experienced, I know what they felt, because I felt the same way and I experienced the same things too, and I'd feel that way if the teens/shooters were females as well.  

For me, it's not about their looks or their gender or any of the superficial outside things, for me, it's about their lives and the experiences that they had in their lives, which made me connect with them, sympathize with them on so many levels.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded   I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 7:21 pm

This makes me think of a post I was planning to make soon but something the Cullen said recently. We have several people in the 11k AND friends like Chad and Devon talking about bullying yet he still thinks it is a "fan girl' thing.. no Cullen it is a fact and if you spent 10 years researching you would know. Also FYI I do not believe it was just bullying, but like Sue had mentioned in her book about her thinking because she felt Dylan was popular he couldn't be bullied, you can have friends and acquaintances and still be bullied and feel unpopular and unloved.

"When we published this book, I naively thought the bully-motive theory would fade. But so many kids are invested in the avenging angels myth. Columbiners are industrious cherry-pickers, pouncing on any quarrel or even sadness in the killers' lives as evidence of bullies. Eric and Dylan had some bad days, to be sure. They probably got in a food fight that left them covered in ketchup. The details are murky"

42099_4EVA

PostSubject: Re: I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded   I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 9:47 pm

Well, true, you're right, from what I read, Eric and Dylan went though a lot, and like I said, that's why I sympathize with them and feel an identity connection with them, because not only is elementary and high school tough, but so is life. Life is nothing more than a lifetime inducement of adults bullying other adults, only in life they do it through the internet and often time, out in public, at different outdoor events. So in my mind, I think Eric and Dylan did the right thing in ending their lives (I just wish they hadn't taken others lives as well, but I can understand why they did, because of all that pint up anger and hurt), because had they continued to live on, they wouldn't have been able to take the way humans treat each other today.

Today's generation of teens and adults are far worse than in 1999. People are meaner, colder, ruder, more hateful and no matter how much Eric spoke of natural selection, he nor Dylan would have never made it in today's world, with the way people are today. So they got out of the game just in time, and are far better off where they are now.

And so, with all that being said, that's why so many relate to Eric and Dylan, sympathize with them and feel connections with them, because of how cold, hateful and mean the world is today, both for those in elementary and high school and for those adults who are done with school and living among the adult world. We feel a connection to the two teens but everything they experienced in 1999, either some of us experienced it in high school ourselves, or like with myself, we experienced it both during our years in elementary and high school and during our years now as an adult.

Now that being said, Eric & Dylan do have fan-girls, who are only interested in the two teens because the girls/women think they're cute and want to fuck them or date them, had they been alive still....That to me is - beyond bonkers. Girls/women only liking them because of sexual or appearance purposes, then they're totally missing the point of Eric and Dylan's depression and the point of the reason(s) why they felt the way they felt and did what they did.

However there are those of us who like them and who feel connected with them because of what they experienced, how they felt and how they were treated, and we wish we had known them because had we did, we would've been to them (friendship wise) what they needed bit never truly had, except for among each other, which obviously wasn't enough.

So that's my stance on it. Dave Cullen however, is someone who is just an idiot, constantly spewing bull, just to gain attention on himself, and for people to look at him as some Columbine expert, which from everything I have read of him, he clearly is not.
Back to top Go down
rebootoX

rebootoX

Contribution Points : 56629
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded   I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 9:10 am

42099_4EVA wrote:
I saw a comment on Youtube under a KMFDM "Dogma" music video, by a user claiming to be Eric Harris's friend or claiming to know Eric Harris or something of the sort, and the message was saying that they wished people would stop obsessing over Eric Harris because they didn't even know him and that Eric would hate them if he were still alive and that unless we all knew what was the last video game Eric played, then we don't know shit about Eric, except for the fact that we think Eric was hot.

Well, I wanted to post on here what I posted in regards to the person on Youtube, claiming to know Eric or claiming to be Eric's friend. I wanted to post it on here too, to give people an understanding as to why some people feel a link between themselves and Eric & Dylan, and/or feel sympathetic towards them, and I'd truly appreciate if there would be no insulting me for posting this, I'm just posting this to give people an understanding. So here's what I put:

First of all, let me just say, YES, it was Eric Harris who turned me onto this song. I had never heard of it before I heard of Eric, but once I did hear it, I loved it. Not because Eric used to love KMFDM and their songs but because the music is damn bad ass, and seeing as how I loved rock music way before I had even heard of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, i'm proud to say I'm a KMFDM fan.   However, you can't escape the fact that Eric Harris was a fan of this band. Eric's name shouldn't be posted under every KMFDM video, but it is, so get over it.    

The fact that Eric was a fan of KMFDM will forever be linked, it's just the way it is. So how about people stop bitching about others mentioning Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris in the comment section and if you are tired of seeing their names in the comment section, here's an idea: just ignore the ones making comments about Eric and Dylan in the comment section. It's as simple as that.   And before anyone says it, NO I am NOT an Eric Harris or Dylan Klebold "fan-girl", because to be a fan of someone, that "someone" has to be a celebrity and Eric and Dylan were not. I'm just one female, who was introduced to KMFDM and their music via the reading of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold's journals - case CLOSED.    

Secondly, if I may, I would like to add this. You have those mentally disturbed people who are in love with two, young boys whom they never knew and you have those who feel they can identify and sympathize with Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold because of what they feel that these two teens went through. I happen to fall in the latter category.    From reading their journals, Dylan stated how he felt unloved, unwanted, how he wanted to find love but could never find it. He felt unaccepted. He felt as if he were in a constant war with himself via the disease that is depression. Eric, from his journals, hated himself, which is why he hated everyone else. He had zero self esteem, he was sick of being bullied by his Columbine classmates.  

Now, no matter how much the tel-LIE-vision lied - via their reporters and news channels, no matter how much they lied, no matter how much the students and teachers themselves lied, I wholeheartedly believe that Eric and Dylan REALLY were bullied and they were bullied BAD.  

I mean, do you think the teachers and students would actually come out and admit: "yeah, Eric and Dylan were bullied horribly, we treated them like shit at Columbine and the teachers and staff didn't do fuck-shit about it."  Does people think teachers and students would actually admit that? No, but it happened, did it give the two teens the right to do what they did? HELL no, but do I understand what made them snap? Yes.    

People tend to forget, high school can be brutal, very, very brutal. I spent four years of my high school time (1999-2002) being ostracized, being ridiculed, I had chairs thrown at me, I had people encircle me in the hallways and call me names while other students laughed, causing me to run to the nearest bathroom and ball my eyes out. My school was so rough that I'd be so afraid to go to class that I'd hide out in the bathrooms during class time and during lunch time. I had students pour milk on me in the lunchroom, in front of the whole school - who laughed about it - and that same day, I went home and contemplated suicide.    

I would have computerized flyers sent around to every student in the entire school calling me a goth freak, a nerd, a bitch, a black girl/white girl wanna-be and all of that. My high school years were hell, and I told teachers and I told staff members and they did nothing about it. At least Eric had Dylan and vice versa, I had no friends - ZERO.    

It's been sixteen years since I graduated and I still have nightmares sometimes about the abuse I endured during high school. And the abuse I endured during my high school years affected me so much that today I have almost no self esteem about myself, I'm very reserved and anti-social a LOT of times with others, I have social anxiety disorder and I battle heavily with depression. I didn't have that before I began high school, but from high school and onward, up until this very moment, I now have it.    

Saying all that to say, when Eric and Dylan did what they did and I (along with others like myself) researched into them, we found things we could all identify with the two teens with - depression, low/zero self esteem, angry, sadness, isolation and etc.   So this is why myself and others are so sympathetic of Eric & Dylan, because we know what it feels like to be disliked, to feel alone, to want love, to be unaccepted, to be bullied, and etc. We know the feelings of sadness and anger and although we in no way condone what they did or feel what they did was right, we understand why they did it, why they snapped.    

It's been twenty years or so since Columbine, and no, I didn't know Eric and Dylan personally but I wish I had, because I would've went to them and just listened to them, listened to them talk about their hurt, their pain, their feelings and then I would've hugged them (as a friend) and said, "hey, you don't have to resort to violence to unleash your hurt and your pain", there is help you can get. I would've tried to help them.    

But I didn't know them, but despite me not knowing them, I have a lot to thank them for, because, because of them, I didn't commit suicide, not just during my time during high school, but even during several other times in my life.     Reason being is because I knew if I ended my life, I would be allowing all those who subjected me to severe abuse during elementary school and high school, I'd be allowing them to win and I wasn't going to do that, and I'm not going to do that. I was and am going to do something that Eric & Dylan couldn't do, which was/is live, for them. Not "for them" in the sense that people might be thinking of, but live for them in the sense that, I was and am going to live and do all the things that Eric and Dylan could've done, had they lived but never got the chance to do. I want to experience all of the things that they never got the chance to experience. I'm going to be an ongoing battling survivor of my depression, my zero/low self esteem, my social anxiety, my abuse - which is what Eric and Dylan never had the strength to be able to do.

Because of hearing Eric & Dylan's story, they gave me the strength to fight back as much as I can - mentally and emotionally, against all the trauma, zero/low self esteem, depression, social anxiety and etc., that my high school abuse caused me. Because of hearing Eric & Dylan's story, they gave me the strength to fight back against all the ugliness that this world brings my way, and lastly, because of them, I discovered the knowledge of how the world and the people in it truly are - through their viewpoints of the world; And for that, I'm forever thankful to them, because I know I wouldn't have that strength and that knowledge, had it not been for them.  

So, I just thought I'd share that, not as some fan-girl, but as someone who has sympathy, not just for the victims of Columbine, but for the shooters/teens as well. I have sympathy for the shooters/teens because I know what they experienced, I know what they felt, because I felt the same way and I experienced the same things too, and I'd feel that way if the teens/shooters were females as well.  

For me, it's not about their looks or their gender or any of the superficial outside things, for me, it's about their lives and the experiences that they had in their lives, which made me connect with them, sympathize with them on so many levels.

Very good explanation. I'm just curious, but did the person claiming to be Eric's friend ever respond to your comment?
Also, I hope you make it against your depression, I wish you the best!
Back to top Go down
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

PostSubject: Re: I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded   I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 9:14 am

No they never responded, and thanks, everyday is a battle, some days are better than most, but I have my worst days, anyway thanks for the best wishes.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded   I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 3:00 pm

42099_4EVA wrote:
Today's generation of teens and adults are far worse than in 1999. 

What makes you say that?

42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

PostSubject: Re: I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded   I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 3:10 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
42099_4EVA wrote:

What makes you say that?

Because they just are, now days, racism from blacks to whites and whites to blacks has grown worse, people are just more mean now than they were before. You say hi to them, they respond with a nastiness, they're mean mugging you, they're angry, they have attitudes, people don't give a shit about other people anymore. It's just like the hearts of people have waxed cold these days, compared to the 1990's/1999. Life wasn't as bad then as it is now. In fact, it makes me wish I had just ended my own self in 1999 while I was in high school, instead of heading into this horrible generation we're in now. This generation we're in now, is the same generation Eric and Dylan (specifically Eric) said was going to come, where people are more like brainless robots in a maze - more so today than they were back in the 90's,, where we're living in a dictatorship where we have to "do as we're told" all the time, where almost everyone are all alike, they have the same feelings and emotions and personality of coldness, anger, hatred and rudeness. There's no individuality anymore.

The world has just gotten worse since 1999 and so Eric and Dylan are lucky that they got out when they did, because what they feared that the world would become, what they hated that the world would become, the world has indeed become. That's just my take on it.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded   I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 3:24 pm

42099_4EVA wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
42099_4EVA wrote:

What makes you say that?

Because they just are, now days, racism from blacks to whites and whites to blacks has grown worse, people are just more mean now than they were before. You say hi to them, they respond with a nastiness, they're mean mugging you, they're angry, they have attitudes, people don't give a shit about other people anymore. It's just like the hearts of people have waxed cold these days, compared to the 1990's/1999. Life wasn't as bad then as it is now. In fact, it makes me wish I had just ended my own self in 1999 while I was in high school, instead of heading into this horrible generation we're in now. This generation we're in now, is the same generation Eric and Dylan (specifically Eric) said was going to come, where people are more like brainless robots in a maze - more so today than they were back in the 90's,, where we're living in a dictatorship where we have to "do as we're told" all the time, where almost everyone are all alike, they have the same feelings and emotions and personality of coldness, anger, hatred and rudeness. There's no individuality anymore.

The world has just gotten worse since 1999 and so Eric and Dylan are lucky that they got out when they did, because what they feared that the world would become, what they hated that the world would become, the world has indeed become. That's just my take on it.

I have no clue what you're talking about here. I say hi to people in public all the time and they say hi back. The number of times people have been rude right to my face is exceedingly rare (minus my time in school and at home). Maybe you just live in a shitty area, or your trauma is clouding your judgement? IDK, it just seems that so far my experiences aren't what you're describing at all. 

I will agree with you that a lot of people act like robots, but that is not particularly new and has been around for about as long as people have been.

42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

PostSubject: Re: I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded   I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 3:37 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
42099_4EVA wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
42099_4EVA wrote:

What makes you say that?

I have no clue what you're talking about here. I say hi to people in public all the time and they say hi back. The number of times people have been rude right to my face is exceedingly rare (minus my time in school and at home). Maybe you just live in a shitty area, or your trauma is clouding your judgement? IDK, it just seems that so far my experiences aren't what you're describing at all. 

I will agree with you that a lot of people act like robots, but that is not particularly new and has been around for about as long as people have been.

Well, respectfully, you don't know what I'm talking about probably because you don't see the world as I do. I see the world in a different view. I see a cold, cruel world who have shown me and others nothing but hatred, rudeness and cruelty. I mean look at the problems in the world, murder, immigration hatred, racial hatred, people attacking people in public physically and verbally just for the hell of it. Yes, the 90's had their problems but it was nothing like it is now.

This world has gotten and is getting worse, generation wise, even with all the technology we have, the music has even changed, changed to being senseless music with no meaning. At least KMFDM and Rammstein's songs had meaning to it, but what meaning does the songs of today have? I mean real meaning, it's all become convoluted. I don't see a beautiful world when I look at the world as a whole (not the area I live in but I mean the entire world as a whole). I see an ugly, cruel, cold, harsh world that's not getting any better, and people have been always acting like robots, but now it's much worse. People have become completely controlled mentally by music, television, technology and the government.

It's just much worse now than it was during the 90's/1999, and as I said, I think Eric and Dylan knew it, they could see it coming, and I feel in a lot of ways, that scared them (Dylan mostly) and it angered Eric because he didn't want to be apart of what was coming, so they checked out - unfortunately they took innocent lives with them, but my whole post point was, I can see why they checked out, because I'm going to be honest here, there is nothing about this world that I like anymore, nothing. There are nights where I go to sleep, praying not to awaken the next morning, because I hate being here in this existence, especially when I know there are whole, other galaxies and dimensions out there for those who have passed on, galaxies and dimensions that are way better, that are bliss-filled compared to this existence, this dimension. Often times, I feel like I don't belong here with the ones in and of this world, which is why the world constantly rejects me, and I'm sure others have felt that way too, and it's because of the way the world is, the way the world has become and what it has evolved into, which is something really bad, but it's all being covered up with sunny days and contrived television messages of "the world is beautiful, life is beautiful, have a ball", when really it isn't, it really isn't. This world is like hell, the lowest form of hell, where you only get freedom when you die.

So, that is what I'm talking about, I supposed one would have to have a deep seated POV to understand what I mean, I guess.
Back to top Go down
rebootoX

rebootoX

PostSubject: Re: I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded   I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 3:39 pm

42099_4EVA wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
42099_4EVA wrote:

What makes you say that?

Maybe it's like that in the USA, but surely not everywhere.
And not all kids are like that.
Even if they were, think of who raised them.
It's exactly those people who were teens or young adults back in 1999.
So it's not the fault of the kids today, but the fault of their parents.
You shouldn't blame the teens.
Back to top Go down
rebootoX

rebootoX

PostSubject: Re: I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded   I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 3:43 pm

42099_4EVA wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
42099_4EVA wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
42099_4EVA wrote:

What makes you say that?

Well, respectfully, you don't know what I'm talking about probably because you don't see the world as I do. I see the world in a different view. I see a cold, cruel world who have shown me and others nothing but hatred, rudeness and cruelty. I mean look at the problems in the world, murder, immigration hatred, racial hatred, people attacking people in public physically and verbally just for the hell of it. Yes, the 90's had their problems but it was nothing like it is now.

This world has gotten and is getting worse, generation wise, even with all the technology we have, the music has even changed, changed to being senseless music with no meaning. At least KMFDM and Rammstein's songs had meaning to it, but what meaning does the songs of today have? I mean real meaning, it's all become convoluted. I don't see a beautiful world when I look at the world as a whole (not the area I live in but I mean the entire world as a whole). I see an ugly, cruel, cold, harsh world that's not getting any better, and people have been always acting like robots, but now it's much worse. People have become completely controlled mentally by music, television, technology and the government.

It's just much worse now than it was during the 90's/1999, and as I said, I think Eric and Dylan knew it, they could see it coming, and I feel in a lot of ways, that scared them (Dylan mostly) and it angered Eric because he didn't want to be apart of what was coming, so they checked out - unfortunately they took innocent lives with them, but my whole post point was, I can see why they checked out, because I'm going to be honest here, there is nothing about this world that I like anymore, nothing. There are nights where I go to sleep, praying not to awaken the next morning, because I hate being here in this existence, especially when I know there are whole, other galaxies and dimensions out there for those who have passed on, galaxies and dimensions that are way better, that are bliss-filled compared to this existence, this dimension. Often times, I feel like I don't belong here with the ones in and of this world, which is why the world constantly rejects me, and I'm sure others have felt that way too, and it's because of the way the world is, the way the world has become and what it has evolved into, which is something really bad, but it's all being covered up with sunny days and contrived television messages of "the world is beautiful, life is beautiful, have a ball", when really it isn't, it really isn't. This world is like hell, the lowest form of hell, where you only get freedom when you die.

So, that is what I'm talking about, I supposed one would have to have a deep seated POV to understand what I mean, I guess.

I see your point and I agree on many things you wrote, but I don't think that the world is becoming worse.
Instead, I think that we just focus too much on the bad things.
We have to believe in humanity to save it. Otherwise, we are already lost.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded   I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 4:14 pm

42099_4EVA wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
42099_4EVA wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
42099_4EVA wrote:

What makes you say that?

Not true, if you look at statistics violent crime overall has been dropping for decades. War has also significantly decreased in number and severity for a long time now.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
As for prejudice I'd argue that in the past it was far more severe than it is now. Take a look at the sheer number of hate crimes and mistreatment that happened in the previous few centuries and I think you'll see what I mean.

42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

PostSubject: Re: I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded   I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 4:29 pm

Well we can all agree to disagree, but as I see the world, I don't see things getting any better with it. I see a lot of pain and sadness, hatred and anger and everyone else feeding into it, and it's not the teens fault, it's the world's fault. I don't know, I just see an entirely different world than the one that was in existence from 1990-1999.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded   I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I saw this comment about Columbine on Youtube and this how I responded
Page 1 of 1