Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another Debunking of Cullen

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

Another Debunking of Cullen Empty
PostSubject: Another Debunking of Cullen   Another Debunking of Cullen Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 4:24 pm

I haven't listened to the podcast yet but here is an interview with Jeff Kass. Let's talk about it, once we listen to it. I guess he talks a lot about how Cullen is wrong etc..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Another Debunking of Cullen   Another Debunking of Cullen Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Well honestly this topic is redundant at this point. Most know that Cullen was a lying, liar who lied! Roll
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another Debunking of Cullen   Another Debunking of Cullen Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 5:15 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Well honestly this topic is redundant at this point. Most know that Cullen was a lying, liar who lied! Roll

Ha! Well.. maybe he talks about something else?

Like following Wayne Harris into the bathroom and talking to him at the urinal?

PostSubject: Re: Another Debunking of Cullen   Another Debunking of Cullen Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 5:44 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I HATE when someone tries to talk to me when I'm in the bathroom! My kids are AWFUL about doing that. Haha

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another Debunking of Cullen   Another Debunking of Cullen Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 5:57 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I HATE when someone tries to talk to me when I'm in the bathroom! My kids are AWFUL about doing that. Haha

There are 24 hours in the day do you HAVE to choose these particular 5 minutes to talk?? LOL

PostSubject: Re: Another Debunking of Cullen   Another Debunking of Cullen Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 5:58 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

There are 24 hours in the day do you HAVE to choose these particular 5 minutes to talk?? LOL

EXACTLY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

Contribution Points : 77842
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Another Debunking of Cullen   Another Debunking of Cullen Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 3:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], thanks for posting! I will take a listen as soon as I have the time tomorrow, sound interesting!! I'll let you know my thoughts afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another Debunking of Cullen   Another Debunking of Cullen Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 3:49 am

TaylorsMom wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], thanks for posting!  I will take a listen as soon as I have the time tomorrow, sound interesting!!  I'll let you know my thoughts afterwards.

Awesome! I am going to listen to it tomorrow too on my commute!

Contribution Points : 56232
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Another Debunking of Cullen   Another Debunking of Cullen Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 4:15 am

It mentions Dylan's college application and essay were uncovered by Jeff Kass. Has anyone here seen these before?

I would be very interested in reading it.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another Debunking of Cullen   Another Debunking of Cullen Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 4:35 am

KKjHAM wrote:
It mentions Dylan's college application and essay were uncovered by Jeff Kass.  Has anyone here seen these before?

I would be very interested in reading it.

I have never seen his actual application to be honest but I think I have seen his essay. Let me look!

I think Dylan, Zach and one other person who applied at the University of Arizona mentioned a "big production" at the end of the year... I don't remember where I read that.

Here it is. Also see if you can spot a misuse of a word

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another Debunking of Cullen   Another Debunking of Cullen Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 4:35 am

Dylan was waitlisted at one college in Colorado and accepted into 2 in Arizona and another one in Colorado right?

Contribution Points : 56232
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Another Debunking of Cullen   Another Debunking of Cullen Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 5:23 am

Thank you for posting that. I had not read it before.

Brooks Brown said in his book that he and Dylan were talking about writing a play together. I imagine that is what the all student production is.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another Debunking of Cullen   Another Debunking of Cullen Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 5:27 am

KKjHAM wrote:
Thank you for posting that.  I had not read it before.  

Brooks Brown said in his book that he and Dylan were talking about writing a play together.  I imagine that is what the all student production is.  

You’re welcome!

And I think you’re right. There is an interview with meg beck from the Asciit theater. She describes Brooks as the really strange one and Dylan as polite but persistent:

There’s actually a letter that was released that Dylan wrote to her

Contribution Points : 70123
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Another Debunking of Cullen   Another Debunking of Cullen Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 8:56 am

I listened to about 10 minutes and had to turn it off. Neither party seemed to be well prepared for this.

Allot of stuttering from both and Kass sounds very unsure in his answers. Made for a very tough listen.
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82557
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Another Debunking of Cullen   Another Debunking of Cullen Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 11:41 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

And I think you’re right. There is an interview with meg beck from the Asciit theater. She describes Brooks as the really strange one and Dylan as polite but persistent:

I remember the same statement you mentioned above about a big spring production. I think it came from someone in the University of Arizona's admissions department. I couldn't find it but I think he contacted authorities because he remembered Dylan mentioning such a production (maybe in his interview?). And after what happened at Columbine in April he thought it could be important for the police to know about that statement. I remember him mainly because in the witness statement he asked once or twice for the police to not let the U of A know that he had contacted them because he could get into trouble for speaking about prospective students without the university's permission. I thought it quite ironic that this document had then been publicly released with the guy's name all over it!

Yes, Dylan, Brooks, Zach, and another student visited Meg Beck to ask them if they could use the theater to put on a spring production and Dylan gave her a letter with the plan and their references and contact info. This was likely the spring production he referred to at U of A, but I guess we'll never really know.

Anyhow, my question is this: in the letter Dylan gave to Meg Beck he wrote:
"We had been given permission to do this, and went forth to select a cast, crew, and play. However, certain problems arose with another party attempting to remove us from the opportunity which we had created. As it turned out, we lost our ability to perform our play at the school. Although this situation occurred we still wish for our production to go forth, which brings us to our proposal to you."

Does anyone have any information about who this other "party" was that ended up ruining their chance of putting the play on at the school?

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Another Debunking of Cullen   Another Debunking of Cullen Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 4:20 am

thelmar wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I remember the same statement you mentioned above about a big spring production. I think it came from someone in the University of Arizona's admissions department. I couldn't find it but I think he contacted authorities because he remembered Dylan mentioning such a production (maybe in his interview?). And after what happened at Columbine in April he thought it could be important for the police to know about that statement. I remember him mainly because in the witness statement he asked once or twice for the police to not let the U of A know that he had contacted them because he could get into trouble for speaking about prospective students without the university's permission. I thought it quite ironic that this document had then been publicly released with the guy's name all over it!

Yes, Dylan, Brooks, Zach, and another student visited Meg Beck to ask them if they could use the theater to put on a spring production and Dylan gave her a letter with the plan and their references and contact info. This was likely the spring production he referred to at U of A, but I guess we'll never really know.

Anyhow, my question is this: in the letter Dylan gave to Meg Beck he wrote:
"We had been given permission to do this, and went forth to select a cast, crew, and play. However, certain problems arose with another party attempting to remove us from the opportunity which we had created. As it turned out, we lost our ability to perform our play at the school. Although this situation occurred we still wish for our production to go forth, which brings us to our proposal to you."

Does anyone have any information about who this other "party" was that ended up ruining their chance of putting the play on at the school?

I always assumed that it was the principal or the head of the drama department at Columbine. What I find interesting is I think smoke in the room was picked over this production but didn’t Brooks write smoke in the room Which as we know starred Rachel?

There is very shaky evidence that said Dylan worked on the production of that but according to a mothers reckoning Dylan didn’t do anything his senior year second semester in the theater department

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82557
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Another Debunking of Cullen   Another Debunking of Cullen Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

I always assumed that it was the principal or the head of the drama department at Columbine. What I find interesting is I think smoke in the room was picked over this production but didn’t Brooks write  smoke in the room Which as we know starred Rachel?

There is very shaky evidence that  said Dylan worked on the production of that but according to a mothers reckoning Dylan didn’t do anything his senior year second semester in the theater department

That's pretty crappy, especially after they had already been given the greenlight and had put time and effort into it. I wonder if it strengthened Dylan's belief that life was unfair and the school admin was discriminatory.

I thought it was Andrew Johnson who wrote "Smoke in the Room". I don't have a source for this but I think it was Beth Nimmo who said that he wrote the lead role with Rachel in mind.
And as far as Dylan working on that play, Stephen Partridge, who was Rachel's ex-boyfriend, said that he did although I don't know in what capacity. I've heard he did lights rather than sound and it may have been a last minute thing, but I don't know the details. But in Partridge's police statement he said that if he had seen Dylan on 4-20 maybe he could have stopped him; they knew one another because they had bowled together, rode in the limo to prom together and had worked on the spring play together (pg. 5947 of the CR).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Debunking of Cullen   Another Debunking of Cullen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Debunking of Cullen
Page 1 of 1