Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crus'z confession & Detective John Curcio

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Crus'z confession & Detective John Curcio Empty
PostSubject: Crus'z confession & Detective John Curcio   Crus'z confession & Detective John Curcio Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 10:55 am

Now that some of the confession footage has been released, what do you all think about how Detective Curico handled the interrogation? scratch

It's clear the detective didn't believe much of anything Cruz said regarding the "Demon voice". From the very start he seemed to convey with his tone, and just the things he said that Cruz was pretty much faking that he couldn't remember things, lying about the "voice" telling him to do bad things, pretending like he was distressed, etc. He actually said as much during the vid.

Curico came off as a hard ass. But that is his job to try to weed through the bullshit to get the truth. In my opinion he tried several times to get Cruz to slip up, or admit certain things. Again this is part of his job.

Do any of you think the way he went about the questioning is helpful to Cruz's case, as in he was tormenting a mentally challenged person, OR could the way the questioning went accompanied by Nik's answers possibly hurt the defense at trial?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crus'z confession & Detective John Curcio   Crus'z confession & Detective John Curcio Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 11:03 am

I haven't seen the video yet but I think it is hard to tell given that so many information were redacted, and if they were not released it is probably that they were important.

What I find weird is that the confession was made right after the shooting, so why do we know about the voice only now? Don't you think that if he really heard voices psychologist would have tell by now? Or do you think they know if it is true or not but it has not been released yet? The issue with the release of documents is that we always learn things after it was discovered.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Crus'z confession & Detective John Curcio   Crus'z confession & Detective John Curcio Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 11:28 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Do any of you think the way he went about the questioning is helpful to Cruz's case, as in he was tormenting a mentally challenged person, OR could the way the questioning went accompanied by Nik's answers possibly hurt the defense at trial?

I'm not sure it's going to impact the case very much since at the end of the day Cruz killed almost twenty people, and that's what people are going to remember most.

PostSubject: Re: Crus'z confession & Detective John Curcio   Crus'z confession & Detective John Curcio Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 12:34 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I'm not sure it's going to impact the case very much since at the end of the day Cruz killed almost twenty people, and that's what people are going to remember most.

True. Although I was thinking mainly about the death penalty verses life in prison issue. Whether or not anything from the footage would make people lean one way or the other based on the questions asked and Nik's responses.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 91006
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Crus'z confession & Detective John Curcio   Crus'z confession & Detective John Curcio Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 10:27 pm

Well, I hope he doesn't get the death penalty, because from one of the videos, you could tell he was a broken kid who needed serious help and they let it slip through the cracks.

PostSubject: Re: Crus'z confession & Detective John Curcio   Crus'z confession & Detective John Curcio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crus'z confession & Detective John Curcio
Page 1 of 1