Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan yelling

Go down 
+2
mwilliam
Screamingophelia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

Dylan yelling  Empty
PostSubject: Dylan yelling    Dylan yelling  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2018 11:24 pm

I was thinking about the extended 911 call when we hear Valeen screaming and Dylan yelling shut up over and over.

Do you think it was because the adrenaline was wearing off or do you think everything was too loud and he didn’t want to hear it? Do you think hearing her yell was reminding him that he was hurting and killing people?

Contribution Points : 57225
Forum Reputation : 0

Dylan yelling  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan yelling    Dylan yelling  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 2:29 am

My theory is that most of the things they said in the library was out of impulse and to intimidate everybody around them.
Dylan yelling "shut up" was probably just one way for him to have power over that person.

You do raise an interesting point about whether E and D were slightly disturbed by the cries of their victims, but I think by
the time of the library massacre they were both so far off from reality to really care.
Back to top Go down

Dylan yelling  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan yelling    Dylan yelling  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 5:15 am

I agree with mwilliam, I think it was only to give orders and show his power, to intimidate his victims.

I don't know what could have made them doubt and think before shooting or not, but since I think most school shooters want to feel feared and powerful, I don't think cries (out of fear) and screaming annoy them. Maybe some can be more shocked by the sound that people who are in pain do. Sometimes for very lucky people they can be saved thanks to less: Dylann Roof didn't shoot a woman because she watched him in the eyes, but Roof is different because he was racist so he killed them because he saw them as inferior, maybe not even like humans and so it probably humanized one of his victims. It can less apply to school shooters.
Back to top Go down
23september

Contribution Points : 66290
Forum Reputation : 50

Dylan yelling  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan yelling    Dylan yelling  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 6:32 am

I do think it reminded him of what he was actually doing at that very second, and it was killing his buzz. I mean he didn't shoot her to shut her up, which he could've.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

Dylan yelling  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan yelling    Dylan yelling  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 2:01 pm

Neah wrote:
I agree with mwilliam, I think it was only to give orders and show his power, to intimidate his victims.

I don't know what could have made them doubt and think before shooting or not, but since I think most school shooters want to feel feared and powerful, I don't think cries (out of fear) and screaming annoy them. Maybe some can be more shocked by the sound that people who are in pain do. Sometimes for very lucky people they can be saved thanks to less: Dylann Roof didn't shoot a woman because she watched him in the eyes, but Roof is different because he was racist so he killed them because he saw them as inferior, maybe not even like humans and so it probably humanized one of his victims. It can less apply to school shooters.

I believe James Holmes mentioned he decided not to shoot a person who was cowering right in front of him, and he noted that he didn't want to see his victims dying at close range. Seems different for every killer.

Dylan yelling  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan yelling    Dylan yelling  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 6:32 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I was thinking about the extended 911 call when we hear Valeen screaming and Dylan yelling shut up over and over.

Do you think it was because the adrenaline was wearing off or do you think everything was too loud and he didn’t want to hear it? Do you think hearing her yell was reminding him that he was hurting and killing people?

I think it may have been the power trip he was on mixed slightly with the fact her screaming was making him actually think "I'm making her scream like that". Now whether or not either one felt remorse is something we just can't know. We can speculate, but that's it.
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 60140
Forum Reputation : 25

Dylan yelling  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan yelling    Dylan yelling  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 8:03 pm

Dylan can clearly be heard saying "shut the fuck up" after he killed LaurenTownsend to valley schnuur who was crying as having just witnessed it
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 60140
Forum Reputation : 25

Dylan yelling  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan yelling    Dylan yelling  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 8:03 pm

Dont forget/: Eric "you guys are gonna pay now" right after he enters the library...chilling.

Last edited by VoDKaComeHere on Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91942
Forum Reputation : 575

Dylan yelling  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan yelling    Dylan yelling  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 8:20 pm

Eric yelled stuff as well.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

Dylan yelling  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan yelling    Dylan yelling  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 11:17 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

No. I think he just wanted to be as cold and cruel as he could be. As seen with his interaction with Evan Todd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dylan yelling  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylan yelling    Dylan yelling  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan yelling
Page 1 of 1