Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cullen writing an Account of Parkland

Go down 
+9
QuestionMark
Tuga
Screamingophelia
Jenn
W.A.R.
InsaneIntruder
bradt93
VoDKaComeHere
Tommy QTR
13 posters
AuthorMessage

Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Empty
PostSubject: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 1:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NEW YORK (AP) — THE author of a best-seller about the Columbine school shooting is working on a book about Parkland.

Harper announced Tuesday that Dave Cullen's "Parkland" is scheduled to come out in February, timed to the one-year anniversary of the massacre at Florida's Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. According to Harper, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, Cullen "burrows into the hearts" of the Parkland student survivors as the follows their lives in the months after the shooting.

Cullen's "Columbine" came out in 2009, a decade after the Colorado shooting, and spent several weeks on The New York Times' best-seller list. He has been writing about Parkland for Vanity Fair.

Sweet Jesus! Timed just to make the one year anniversary. What a money hungry bastard!  Rolling Eyes

But I'm honestly just curious about how Dave is gonna spin this one!  No  Suspect
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70123
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 1:53 pm

"David Hogg got chicks. lots and lots of chicks"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 1:56 pm

W.A.R. wrote:
"David Hogg got chicks. lots and lots of chicks"

Please NO!No If I see anything even remotely suggesting that Nik out scored the football team I swear I will snap! Mad
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 1:59 pm

Nik did have sex...

No

And e and d couldn’t.... how....

Contribution Points : 91742
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 2:07 pm

I wonder if he'll write that Cruz wasn't actually bullied and is a psychopath?

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 2:07 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Nik did have sex...

No

It could have been pity sex, but there were also stories going around that he had raped his ex gf. But those were never proven either way. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 2:09 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:

Lets hope he does his homework and fact checking better this time around. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91742
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 2:13 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

Lets hope he does his homework and fact checking better this time around. Rolling Eyes
I wouldn't bet on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 2:15 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

I wouldn't bet on it.

One can at least hope. Haha
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 2:17 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:

No he goes for the opposite of true.

So hes gonna say Cruz was perfectly normal and had no mental health issues at all Haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 3:35 pm

I'll read it when it comes out. My plan is to read it while at barnes & noble without buying it and possibly discuss what i think of it. I'm probably gonna laugh at it, but maybe not, who knows.
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 59940
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 7:06 pm

Nikolas was actually a sociopath, he ruled the school like a top dog never getting bullied, there might have been with a relationship with a 23 year old named Brenda. - Cullen
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118575
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 10:39 pm

Really? I don't keep up with this shooting. I read a little here and there and have watched a few videos on YouTube but most of these other shootings don't interest me.

I saw people talking about how Cullen might make a book or something about Parkland. I didn't think that would happen but now it looks like he is? I guess he can use his Columbine expertise for his new school shooting book.

Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 90831
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 2:19 am

I hope he tells the truth about both David Hogg and Emma Gonalez and not try to whitewash them.

InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85628
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 7:07 am

I might buy it.

That is, if I run out of toilet paper or firewood.

heytdm likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 7:08 am

Jenn wrote:
I guess he can use his Columbine expertise for his new school shooting book.

Haha  

Sadly all I ask is that Cullen at least stick as close to the truth as he is capable of, without getting carried away in trying to make it sell better by making it more dramatic.  Rolling Eyes

Although I will admit to being curious to see what he writes about this so called "Demon" voice that Cruz says told him to kill, burn, destroy, etc. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 7:35 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Nik did have sex...

No

It could have been pity sex, but there were also stories going around that he had raped his ex gf. But those were never proven either way. scratch

I may be wrong but I don't think "pity sex" is a real thing. Why would a girl have sex with him if she didn't want to? It may not have been a love story but it may not have been pity sex either. He had a girlfriend so it means that it was possible for him to be loved, even if it did not last. I don't like to talk about this topic because I don't really feel comfortable talking about it and I don't think it is important to understand the shooters, but what is important is to see them as they were: people much worse than Nikolas Cruz (obviously before the shooting) have a girlfriend, so why is it that weird that he had sex once?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 8:03 am

Neah wrote:
I may be wrong but I don't think "pity sex" is a real thing. Why would a girl have sex with him if she didn't want to? It may not have been a love story but it may not have been pity sex either. He had a girlfriend so it means that it was possible for him to be loved, even if it did not last. I don't like to talk about this topic because I don't really feel comfortable talking about it and I don't think it is important to understand the shooters, but what is important is to see them as they were: people much worse than Nikolas Cruz (obviously before the shooting) have a girlfriend, so why is it that weird that he had sex once?

I was actually just trying to be funny about the pity sex. Haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 8:05 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:

Sorry then! Haha Nowadays we hear so much stupid things that I don't even know when people are joking or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 8:09 am

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:

Sorry then! Haha Nowadays we hear so much stupid things that I don't even know when people are joking or not.

No harm done. Smile
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 9:27 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:

No harm done. Smile

Plenty harm done.

Jenn is gonna have to shut the forum down again to clean this mess up.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118575
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 9:44 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Jenn wrote:

Haha  

Sadly all I ask is that Cullen at least stick as close to the truth as he is capable of, without getting carried away in trying to make it sell better by making it more dramatic.  Rolling Eyes

Although I will admit to being curious to see what he writes about this so called "Demon" voice that Cruz says told him to kill, burn, destroy, etc. scratch
Did you say that you read the newer version of Cullen's book or the original?

I only have the original copy that I bought back in 2011 so it had the crap in it that he later cut out. Did he only cut out the parts about Brenda Parker and leave the parts about Eric getting chicks and using slices of pizza as an angle to get dates? Or did he cut all that nonsense out too?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 10:02 am

Jenn wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Jenn wrote:

Haha  

Did you say that you read the newer version of Cullen's book or the original?

I only have the original copy that I bought back in 2011 so it had the crap in it that he later cut out. Did he only cut out the parts about Brenda Parker and leave the parts about Eric getting chicks and using slices of pizza as an angle to get dates? Or did he cut all that nonsense out too?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I have only read the original, I just could bring myself to waste more money for the revised book. So I really don't know what was taken out or left in. scratch
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 10:18 am

No mention of the cookies Dylan brought in or the fact he was a straight up player taking Robyn to the prom, having a date with Kristin shortly before, kissing Devon on the head and Marla had a crush...nope... all Eric...

Laughing

Contribution Points : 64242
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 6:07 pm

Why this early ? His Columbine book was published a decade after the event took place and he fucked up a lot of parts in that book. He could at least try to wait for the criminal trial to end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 6:20 pm

Tuga wrote:
Why this early ? His Columbine book was published a decade after the event took place and he fucked up a lot of parts in that book. He could at least try to wait for the criminal trial to end.

He has also timed it to hit right at the first year anniversary. I would say this was to maximize the interest, and in a round about way his cash flow. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 8:05 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Sweet Jesus! Timed just to make the one year anniversary. What a money hungry bastard!  Rolling Eyes

But I'm honestly just curious about how Dave is gonna spin this one!  No  Suspect

From the wording in the article it sounds like he's gonna focus on the survivors instead of Nikolas Cruz, which, sorry to say, makes my interest drop down to zero. 

Tommy QTR wrote:

Maybe he'll ride on the SJW bandwagon and blame it all on "toxic masculinity"/"racism"/Trump/whatever. 

bradt93 wrote:
I hope he tells the truth about both David Hogg and Emma Gonalez and not try to whitewash them.

You might as well be hoping a snowball won't melt in Hell.

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 10:23 am

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

From the wording in the article it sounds like he's gonna focus on the survivors instead of Nikolas Cruz, which, sorry to say, makes my interest drop down to zero.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  I think you wont be alone in that. The main draw for most is trying to figure out what made Nik tick, what happened in his life that would have drove him to do the things he did, etc.

If Cullen's book is mainly going to be on the victims/survivors, then he will be missing the biggest section of people who would even be interested in the book to start with.
Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 42548
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 3:40 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Nik did have sex...

No

Nik had sex? While looking the way he does?

Jesus, if Nikolas goddamn Cruz can get laid, so can I.

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndWhiteKittenz

BlackAndWhiteKittenz

Contribution Points : 23919
Forum Reputation : 125

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 9:11 am

Hopefully Cullen doesn’t write that Eric Harris made Nikolas Cruz snap after being a reluctant follower despite him being dead for 18 years
Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 42548
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 3:06 pm

So, I just discovered that the book already came out. It doesn't even mention Nikolas by name.

It's essentially the gun control bible

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.
Back to top Go down
Bookish

Bookish

Contribution Points : 21500
Forum Reputation : 195

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 3:12 pm

Yeah I read it. He obviously made a big change in how he wrote it compared to the columbine one, it’s about the way students organised themselves and March for our lives rather than any why or how which he got pulled up on with his first book. It’s a story to tell but it’s not the story of the incident itself.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer

Wanderer

Contribution Points : 19935
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2022 12:17 pm

I can't wait for Dave Cullen's new amazing medical book on how to amputate healthy limbs using solely alcohol as anesthesia.

QuestionMark likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cullen writing an Account of Parkland   Cullen writing an Account of Parkland Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cullen writing an Account of Parkland
Page 1 of 1